Rock Blog Wednesday 08/29/07

edited September 2007 in Announcements
Yeah I played Bioshock last night. Yeah it rules. Yeah it is scary. Yeah the audio in it is some of the finest I have ever heard (well since System Shock 2 anyways.)

Regarding the t-shirts you may have seen some of us wearing in the PAX pictures - those were a super limited batch for just HMX'ers and a few outside people. But if you look closely you will notice that sometimes we aren't wearing Rock Band shirts, we are just wearing regular shirts with Rock Band stickers on them (and now you won't get fooled again!) I actually brought along only two shirts to PAX for the two community members who told me they were going to be there. I am trying to work on some cool stuff to give to community members that I meet in the future, though. Can't have people going home empty handed, after all.

Moss gets random...again.

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Moss has been having random blogs
  • edited August 2007
    I'd figure it'd be enough to just meet you, Sean. Take home the memories.

That's not to say I wouldn't like a free shirt if we ever cross paths.
  • edited August 2007
    And it's only single player, so there's just a message saying that you are "shooting up splicers in Neptune's Delight"!!

I love the Upgrade machine's message..there is some very cool stuff in there, and I find myself wandering around looking till the Spider Splicers jump off the ceiling!
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Sell them here for 10 bucks a pop and make a fortune.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited August 2007
    Argh, too bad I'm living so far away from you Sean. We'll probably never going to meet. :(

...and I'll never get my T-Shirt. :p

Oh, and did I already mention how awesome Bioshock was? I finished it two days ago.
  • ababypenguinababypenguin Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    You should seriously get some more shirts and hats, then ebay them. I want some swag!
  • edited August 2007
    SoraRikuVGM;48977 said:
    Moss has been having random blogs
    Hyperbole, I say!!!
  • TonemanToneman Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    I saw people at PAX who covered their shirts and pants in those stickers.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    T-shirts to forum members at PAX? So lucky! Yet another reason I wish I lived on the west coast and could have gone.
  • DShizzle1029DShizzle1029 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Well you know right damn well that Hot Topic will have RB shirts soon...

As for Bioshock, yeah I beat it...Its a good game, slightly frustrating at times, but a good one none the less...Did you harvest or save?
  • edited August 2007
    DShizzle1029;49156 said:

As for Bioshock, yeah I beat it...Its a good game, slightly frustrating at times, but a good one none the less...Did you harvest or save?

Save. When a game can be funny I'll be bad but the rest of the time I just kind of want to do good. Something tells me I am screwed if I save them (don't tell me!) but I'd feel bad if I harvested.
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    I've been saving them too...I'm about half way done right now...gonna finish it up on the weekend.
  • edited August 2007
    Less Adam=less cool stuff!!!
  • JimNasiumJimNasium Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Wow, only 2 forum members went? That's surprising
  • edited August 2007
    JimNasium;49198 said:
    Wow, only 2 forum members went? That's surprising
    More went (which was probably the coolest thing ever - our community hour was packed! Wil Wheaton, Mega64, G4, unannounced community folk I met at the booth who were absolutely amazing!) I kind of thought it would just be chilled and laid back but it turned out to be packed with awesomosity. I got a whole bunch of pics back and thinking back it was one of the funnest nights I have ever been privy to.

Of note - I had lunch with Smidget on Saturday. He is awesome. Turns out he is amazing at our game. I should take him on the road to demo the drums!
  • edited August 2007
    I feel bad harvesting. I only save. Plus that mega cool 100 point acheievement at the end doesnt hurt either.
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;49206 said:
    I had lunch with Smidget on Saturday. He is awesome. Turns out he is amazing at our game. I should take him on the road to demo the drums!
    I'm sure he wouldn't mind that at all...rad dude Smidget is...

The whole community event was the essence of awesome really...too bad it only lasted for two hours...but it was a killer two hours...
  • edited August 2007
    PsycoCheerio;49225 said:
    I'm sure he wouldn't mind that at all...rad dude Smidget is...

The whole community event was the essence of awesome really...too bad it only lasted for two hours...but it was a killer two hours...

Best part? It was only supposed to last one hour! You can't stop an HMX party!
    edited August 2007
    You did though...you were forced to stop it by the man! but to see Mr. Coulton so i guess it worked out...
  • edited August 2007
    I like to think the party just moved to the main concert hall. ;)
    edited August 2007
    That is a way to go with it...i woudl say it worked out quite well...i talked to Mr. Wheaton during the concert, he just showed up behind me about half-way through Frontalot...
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Man that's so awesome... I'm happy for everyone who got to go. Sad for me though :( I try to live vicariously through all of you through the many pics and vids from the show. Well, since the shirts are limited... anyone who got one at the show (or stickers, I love stickers too!) wanna sell it to me?!?! lol

Seriously I'll but a shirt or stickers from anyone whos got 'em!
  • tucsonovernitetucsonovernite Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;48973 said:
    (and now you won't get fooled again!)
    nice :)

I'm saving too cant bring myself to harvest them....
    time for dreamtime Mr B
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;49206 said:

Of note - I had lunch with Smidget on Saturday. He is awesome. Turns out he is amazing at our game. I should take him on the road to demo the drums!
    Why oh why do you taunt me so, haha. Lunch was splendid, thnx again for the time :)

During the community sesh I remember looking at the time around 7 and thinking "man that felt fast" then 7:15 came...then 7:30...then 7:45..lol. I loved how everyone was rocking out and having a great time together, regardless of not knowing who each other was. Everyones energy was so high it was like a big buzz fest on RB; friggin great!

I wanted to go to the concert, maaan did I want to go. But I had to ride the bus back to my brothers place (an hour bus ride) and couldn't risk staying too long and missing the last bus. It would've been cool to chill with PsycoCheerio some more; he's a kewl cat.
    edited August 2007
    deathstick;49173 said:
    Less Adam=less cool stuff!!!
    Actually fact is its more rewarding to save them as far as ADAM goes, because you get extra plasmids and such.
  • gates_apcogates_apco Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    I noticed the use of stickers too but seriously I would have paided for a Rock Band shirt.

I'm also kicking myself that I didn't get more stickers. I only took one of each (I'm Canadian and my politeness can be annoying, even to me); My husband took them all and put them on his Bass case when we got home.
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    DShizzle1029;49593 said:
    Actually fact is its more rewarding to save them as far as ADAM goes, because you get extra plasmids and such.
    and that lady gives u 200 Adam for free in the golden glowing teddy bear.
  • edited August 2007
    gates_apco;49682 said:

I'm also kicking myself that I didn't get more stickers. I only took one of each (I'm Canadian and my politeness can be annoying, even to me);
    You totally should have taken more! Also - Vancouver was very much represented at PAX both in attendees and developers. That ruled.
    edited August 2007
    Hey Sean, I saw a video of you singing "Mississippi Queen", you were pretty much dead on with the vocals, nice job! It would be cool if your band came down to Orlando and I could get some more professional photographs of your group, make your simple Rock Band band look awesome.
  • ababypenguinababypenguin Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    DShizzle1029;49898 said:
    Hey Sean, I saw a video of you singing "Mississippi Queen", you were pretty much dead on with the vocals, nice job! It would be cool if your band came down to Orlando and I could get some more professional photographs of your group, make your simple Rock Band band look awesome.
    brown nose jk lol

he is right though, Sean you can wail!! I hope I can get your Gamertag sometime so we can rock out when RB comes out.