Aerosmith please

nirvanavivo89nirvanavivo89 Unsigned
edited February 2013 in Your Ultimate Setlist
One of the most influential bands in history isnt on Rock Band? They practically define the term "Rock Band". Plus I think a lot of there songs would be fun to play. Just imagine playing that great riff from Sweet Emotion or trying to sing Back in The Saddle. I dont know why there cooperating with Activision and making a Guitar Hero. They would do better being in Rock Band.

Comments

• rockbandfan23rockbandfan23 Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Aerosmith's one of my favorite bands, and I sadly don't see them coming to RB anytime soon because of GH. They'd be way better on RB, and they have so many great songs that would work.
  • T-RavT-Rav Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    rockbandfan23;422670 said:
    Aerosmith's one of my favorite bands, and I sadly don't see them coming to RB anytime soon because of GH. They'd be way better on RB, and they have so many great songs that would work.
    It's gonna be just the same.
    You'll get to do drums, vocals and bass like you would on rock band with Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.
    Only thing that's different is that the game is based on all their best songs and that you probably won't get the character customization as customizable as RB.

I really would like to play Dream On really soon, though!
  • rushfan2007rushfan2007 Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Just give me "Sweet Emotion"
  • ChainsawBuddhaChainsawBuddha Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    There is almost no way RB will get any more Aerosmith, the next entire Guitar Hero game is based COMPLETELY off of Aerosmith. That's right, 8 sets of Aerosmith songs.

Sorry to burst your bubbles.
  • ShocKzzShocKzz Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    GH is coming out with a full game on Aerosmith...dont get your hopes up for it to be on RB.
  • Trueblade76Trueblade76 Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    If I was Harmonix, I'd be snatching up any Aerosmith songs that Guitar hero didn't use. I'm hoping "Fallin' in Love (Is hard on the knees) won't be part of GH due to it's suggestive title.
  • BIGKUNTRYBIGKUNTRY Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    While I would LOVE to see some more Aerosmith on RB I don't see it happening because of the GH game based around them. I already have that on preorder!! It would be great to sing to walk this way though......... Guess that is what I have a nice Sure and a Marshall for!!
  • RkBndDrmrRkBndDrmr Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    /sign

We got Boston, now we need the Bad Boy's FROM Boston!!!

Toxic Twins FTW
  • DarkSide247DarkSide247 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    If they make a DLC with Janie's Got a Gun and Dude, I'll be happy.
  • EvadingFateEvadingFate Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Could you imagine hitting those really high notes in Dream On? what an awesome song for guiter. not so much for bass though...
  • DesuEXDesuEX Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Mama Kin please.
  • El_Metal_MetalEl_Metal_Metal Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    This thread should be deleted after the GH exclusive deal with Aerosmith.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited May 2008
    El_Metal_Metal;582491 said:
    Really sad. :( Aerosmith is one of the few classic rock bands I really like.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited May 2008
    An article I read said it was a "timed" exclusive. This would be like the OXM "exclusive" songs, the Euro "exclusive" songs, etc.

Give it a month or two after the release, and we should get some Aerosmith songs as DLC for Rock Band. Calm down, you will get to ruin your vocal chords. :)

Also, I think that should GH:Aerosmith prove to not be a hit (which I think it won't), then we will see them as Rock Band DLC sooner.

Activision is running the GH name into the ground. I don't think many of the Rock Band players will even bother renting the game from somewhere.

I just think this is a bad idea, and that this is where we see GH start to die.
  • TuesdaysGoneTuesdaysGone Banned
    edited May 2008
    RockBandRocker;582606 said:
    An article I read said it was a "timed" exclusive. This would be like the OXM "exclusive" songs, the Euro "exclusive" songs, etc.

Give it a month or two after the release, and we should get some Aerosmith songs as DLC for Rock Band. Calm down, you will get to ruin your vocal chords. :)

Also, I think that should GH:Aerosmith prove to not be a hit (which I think it won't), then we will see them as Rock Band DLC sooner.

Activision is running the GH name into the ground. I don't think many of the Rock Band players will even bother renting the game from somewhere.

I just think this is a bad idea, and that this is where we see GH start to die.
    Yeah, GH: Aerosmith is gonna SUCK. I wish Aerosmith would realize Rock Band is way more suited to their music.
  • U2Phreak1969U2Phreak1969 Rising Star
    edited May 2008

Not so. . . But it just isn't going to do any good for the time frame for which they sell the game. An exclusive isn't nessasarily a "permanent" exclusive. All I'm saying is it probably isn't going to happen any time in the next 12-24 months.
    I saw this happen time and again in karaoke licensing. Someone would tie up rights to an artist and that would last almost like clockwork until 12 months later the rest of the karaoke world (competing manufacturers) would jump on the rights and then you'd see 12 more versions of the same song released.

I guess all I'm saying is, that exclusive may only last as long as their production run and retail window. By next year they could be up for grabs again.
  • silentragedysilentragedy Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    aerosmith is EXCLUSIVE to gh it will never be released on rb sorry
    edited May 2008
    silentragedy;584028 said:
    aerosmith is EXCLUSIVE to gh it will never be released on rb sorry
    Never say never. . . Aerosmith is EXCLUSIVE to GH in 2008, possibly 2009. No one would EVER sign a permanent agreement. That would be stupid.
  • El_Metal_MetalEl_Metal_Metal Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    U2Phreak1969;584003 said:
    Not so. . . But it just isn't going to do any good for the time frame for which they sell the game. An exclusive isn't nessasarily a "permanent" exclusive. All I'm saying is it probably isn't going to happen any time in the next 12-24 months.
    I saw this happen time and again in karaoke licensing. Someone would tie up rights to an artist and that would last almost like clockwork until 12 months later the rest of the karaoke world (competing manufacturers) would jump on the rights and then you'd see 12 more versions of the same song released.

I guess all I'm saying is, that exclusive may only last as long as their production run and retail window. By next year they could be up for grabs again.
    U2Phreak1969;584084 said:
    Never say never. . . Aerosmith is EXCLUSIVE to GH in 2008, possibly 2009. No one would EVER sign a permanent agreement. That would be stupid.

You've got some good points U2Phreak. I'm not familiar with licensing but I am almost sure that nobody would sign a permanent agreement.
    edited May 2008
    Here's my point.
    Its 2025 and you just bought your new Playstation X. And the new platform features a game called World Rocker where you can virtually join your favorite band on stage. Aerosmith has been offered a landmark $1,000,000,000 deal (its 2025. . . the dollar is worth nothing, okay!) to sign over their discography to XYZ software company, oh, but they can't. . . Their stupid attorney back in 2008 signed an lifetime exclusive agreement with a now defunct title called Guitar Hero and Activision, GH's owner would still hold them to the contract and now Aerosmith has to walk away from the deal that would have secured their grandkids through retirement.

Can you see why this would never happen? Aerosmith isn't that stupid.
  • EvadingFateEvadingFate Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    i suppose that the only hope we have is that the GH version doenst sell well and that Aerosmith realizes what a better platform RB is. Hopefully that exclusivity is limited to a time period.
  • HITMAN1342HITMAN1342 Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    i JUST REALIZED HOW MUCH FUN AEROSMITHS SONGS WOULD BE TO PLAY ON ROCK BAND............THEYD BE FREAKIN AWESOME!
  • Aerosmith69Aerosmith69 Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Aerosmith Is my favorite band I would pay up to $100 just for the Toys In The Attic album. But there are Just so many songs that come to mind that would be fun to play like. Young Lust, Big Ten Inch Record, Uncle Salty, Sick As A Dog, Kings And Queens, Draw The Line, Angel, Rag Doll, Come Together, Mama Kin, Livin On The Edge, Cryin, Crazy, Blind Man, Jaded, Falling In Love (Is So Hard On The Knees), Taste Of India, Dream On, Mama Kin, Same Old Song And Dance, Sweet Emotion, Walk This Way, Back In The Saddle
  • zomg_bbqzomg_bbq Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Sorry to break it to you, Aerosmith has an exclusive deal with Activision and Neversoft. There is no way, unless it was licensed before the deal with Activision took place, that 99% of the songs on Guitar Hero : Aerosmith will be released on the rock band platform until at least GH : Metallica is released.

However, rumours are that another Aerosmith song will be on its way to RB. And ofcourse, that doesn't rule out songs that AREN'T on the GH game coming onto the game either.
  • Border WalkerBorder Walker Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    If there is even the remotest, 0.000001% chance that An Aerosmith Song with creep into the DLC batch, I only wish for one song.

"Fever".

It FITS Rockband itself if you read the lyrics.
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited September 2008
    Border Walker;1232319 said:
    If there is even the remotest, 0.000001% chance that An Aerosmith Song with creep into the DLC batch, I only wish for one song.

"Fever".

It FITS Rockband itself if you read the lyrics.
    Dream on wail for the win, and i despise Aerosmith. and why dig up an old post? 2 months old too...
  • HctazHctaz Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    Unfortunately the ppl behind Guitar Hero decided tht their game sucks donkey balls so much that they have to buy out the rights to certain bands to even hope to compete against RB... Lol... I dont really see how thts gonna work. All its gonna do is make us do is get pissed at them(not HMX)! More than likely its gonna cause some riots and mass destruction of GH stuff everywhere(HOPEFULLY!!!).
  • rocking_assassinrocking_assassin Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    Sweet emotion
    Walk this way
    Dream on
  • DrafnDrafn Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    big ten inch record
  • ChevelleChevelle Opening Act
    edited October 2008
    Early 90's Aerosmith FTW!