If You Have VH1 Classic

edited September 2007 in History of Rock
Please turn it on at 8:00 pm eastern time. They will be airing the best Rock Doc ever aired: "Heavy: The Story of Metal."

It tells you about all genres of metal. And I literally mean EVERY genre. Norweigan Black Metal, power metal, classic metal, glam metal, all of it. There's even a part where they show every band of every genre in metal. Very cool There are four parts, each an hour long. If you like Rock music, please watch this!

EDIT:

OOPS! The one I was thinking of is called "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey." Got the two confused! Oh well, both are great. Please watch it.

And Metal: A Headbanger's Journey is two hours long.

Comments

• dirty_bird32dirty_bird32 Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    I'm not much of a metal fan, but VH1 Classic is an amazing channel.
  • battle_axe_of_doombattle_axe_of_doom Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    i only watch vh1 classic for the classic in concert which every once in a while airs a good band (heaven and hell last week)
  • edited September 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;51137 said:
    i only watch vh1 classic for the classic in concert which every once in a while airs a good band (heaven and hell last week)
    I found it kind of boring IMO.
    edited September 2007
    imo ur wrong :p

just kidding but idk i saw h&h in may and i'm a sabbath fanboy so it was 10x as awesome for me than it might be to someone else. also they only showed one hour of a pwnful 2 hr concert
  • edited September 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;51243 said:
    imo ur wrong :p

just kidding but idk i saw h&h in may and i'm a sabbath fanboy so it was 10x as awesome for me than it might be to someone else. also they only showed one hour of a pwnful 2 hr concert
    To me, Dio's voice is so unique that it gets repetitive after each song.
    edited September 2007
    that hurts me down to my soul </3
  • jarhead12343jarhead12343 Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    dio is awesome. i wish i could see heaven and hell live
  • TheDude_01TheDude_01 Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    The documentary Metal: A Headbanger's Journey will be on VH1 Classic at 8 pm and 11 pm EST on this Friday, 9/7.
  • edited September 2007
    TheDude_01;54489 said:
    The documentary Metal: A Headbanger's Journey will be on VH1 Classic at 8 pm and 11 pm EST on this Friday, 9/7.
    Awesome! Thanks.
  • CaptainHowdy101CaptainHowdy101 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Both of those documentaries are very cool. I own "Metal: A Headbangers Journey" on dvd
  • LavatoryLoveMachineLavatoryLoveMachine Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Headbanger's journey was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! I read he's planning another one. I wonder what angle he's gonna go with. Maybe this time it'll be more about the music than the culture.

And for the record, Dio defeated Ozzy. Ozzy may be on the most infamous black sabbath tracks, but of the two Dio is the only one that has remained true to Metal. And Heaven and Hell and Dehumanizer are too ****in awesome albums.
    edited September 2007
    ozzy sabbath is still better than dio sabbath. dio is a bettor singer and has had more consitantly (sp??) awesome albums, but ozzabbath rules the world
    edited September 2007
    Im not disputing that. But right now, we can give Ozzy for dead. Besides, personally, I think in the long run, Dio made more for Metal than Ozzy. Sabbath with Ozzy did more than any band of its time, BUT, that was the band, not Ozzy. Dio has made more impact in Metal I think. People are always trying to emulate Dio's singing, but who the **** wants to sing like Ozzy? lol
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited September 2007
    Julio-Claudius;50709 said:
    Please turn it on at 8:00 pm eastern time. They will be airing the best Rock Doc ever aired: "Heavy: The Story of Metal."
    Dude, that's not how you spell, "This Is Spinal Tap."
    edited September 2007
    LavatoryLoveMachine;54926 said:
    Im not disputing that. But right now, we can give Ozzy for dead. Besides, personally, I think in the long run, Dio made more for Metal than Ozzy. Sabbath with Ozzy did more than any band of its time, BUT, that was the band, not Ozzy. Dio has made more impact in Metal I think. People are always trying to emulate Dio's singing, but who the **** wants to sing like Ozzy? lol
    dio invented the metal horns. that alone automatically makes him a metal god

and also you seem to have this attitude that i'm arguing with you, i'm a dio fan god damn it :p
  • edited September 2007
    Yeah, Dio also was the father of power metal. The metal and rock community owes him a lot.
    edited September 2007
    maybe lyrically but i see no connection with him and power metal. and if he did somehow "father" power metal then that is more of a travesty than an accomplishment
  • themetalbucketthemetalbucket Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    i did watch alot of that on regular vh1 but i was watching it at my grandmas and i couldnt take anymore of her "well thats not very nice" stuff
    edited September 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;55426 said:
    dio invented the metal horns. that alone automatically makes him a metal god

and also you seem to have this attitude that i'm arguing with you, i'm a dio fan god damn it :p
    Why because I wrote a word that became censored?
    edited September 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;55681 said:
    maybe lyrically but i see no connection with him and power metal. and if he did somehow "father" power metal then that is more of a travesty than an accomplishment
    YES!!!!! Exactly. In Headbanger's Journey, the guy and whoever his consultants were are taking power metal to be like viking metal: purely lyrical. I mean, in his list, Priest and Malsteem are power metal lol

I kind of resent it, because I dont know...its like power metallers are outcasts among outcasts. And thats just wrong lol For me, for me, power metal is the sub genre closer to traditional metal, mostly because of it being influenced by speed metal and the riffing.

It also says that ALL power metal does is write fantasy/battle/chivalric lyrics. I mean, Helloween and Sonata Arctica write more about real life, dont they? Though I do prefer abstract lyrics about space travel, evil overlords and werewolves. Just more interesting to me.

themetalbucket - thats why i cant watch metal DVDs on the big HDTV downstairs. My mom is always making comments and I cant enjoy it lol