Choose your MUSE PACK 01

MBN_EXi7aiN007MBN_EXi7aiN007 Unsigned
edited June 2008 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I made the cover in Photoshop it's a combination of some of their Albums do you know which ones?:D

Hey guy below are MUSE packs listed A,B,C, and D in those packs are 6 songs

Once you have looked over and decided which pack you would like to see on Rock Band for DLC. Then go to the Poll Chart and select your Muse pack in the order of A,B,C, or D. Feel free to leave comments and voice your opinions on what would be a Rock N' DLC Pack for MUSE.

Muse Pack A:
-------------
Hysteria
Stockholm Syndrome
New Born
Knights of Cydonia
Citizen Erased
Plug In Baby

Muse Pack B :
-------------
New Born
Stockholm Syndrome
Shrinking Universe
Knights of Cydonia
Hysteria
Butterflies & Hurricanes

Muse Pack C:
-------------
Hysteria
Assassin
Stockholm Syndrome
Knights of Cydonia
Citizen Erased
Butterflies and Hurricanes

Muse Pack D:
-------------
Plug In Baby
New Born
Hysteria
Citizen Erased
Hyper Music
Stockholm Syndrome

Comments

• undertowundertow Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    Why no Starlight or Supermassive Black Hole? Your options are a few of the same songs regurgitated.

With what's given, I chose B.
  • MBN_EXi7aiN007MBN_EXi7aiN007 Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    undertow;432062 said:
    Why no Starlight or Supermassive Black Hole? Your options are a few of the same songs regurgitated.

With what's given, I chose B.
    Yeah I kind of just narrowed everything down I saw tons of Threads where people posted a list of their requested songs. I just to the most popular ones that I noticed everyone seemed to be leaning towards. Yeah the 2 songs you just suggested are GREAT songs as well. I have all their CD and a couple of Imports.Thanks to a friend of mine in Signapore and the U.K.:D
  • edited March 2008
    Yeah I do agree with undertow with the selection but I do uderstand why you chose them. I choose MUSE pack B as well.Also did you really make that cover?I looks like a real MUSE CD cover and I do know what songs they are from.Once I find my cds I'll tell you.Hahaha
  • CT HEROCT HERO Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Shrinking Universe
    Starlight
    Map of the Problematique
    Exo-Politics
    Sing For Absolution
    Hysteria
    Butterflies and Hurricanes

that would most likely be my pack of choice.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited March 2008
    I love how 3/4 of the packs include both "Knights Of Cydonia" and "Hysteria". You get them either way, wheter you choose A, B or C :p

All kidding aside, it would seem that Muse is going to be Euro exclusive. At least until all the RockBand players who want Muse DLC light their strat controllers on fire, form an angry mob, storm Harmonix's gates and hold the developers hostage until it is made. :)
  • edited March 2008
    I tell you Muse has some many hits that they should make 1 pack with 10 songs so we can get more of our favorites don'tyou agree?
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    Of the choices given, none. They're too repetitive. I posted this elsewhere just a few minutes ago, but this would be the pack I would LOVE to see.

New Born
    Bliss
    Plug In Baby
    Assassin
    Starlight
    Stockholm Syndrome

Of course, there are many, many more songs I would love to see, but if we're doing six-packs that's my pick.
  • MusePTMusePT Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    My choice is Pack D

As for Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole, I see why people like them, they are the most POP songs from Muse and therefor appeal to much more people, but for the hardcore Muse Fan, those songs are not so good (they are not bad, but not Great)

I would like to have in my pack Butterflies & Hurricanes, but due to the big piano part in the middle I think it would be more difficult for HMX to put it in.
    My favourite song is Dark Shines but I know that most people don't know that one... I simply love it!!!
  • BobbyBrownBobbyBrown Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    Out of those choices I'd go with D, but I'd rather have
    "Hysteria"
    "Stockholm Syndrome"
    "Assassin"
    "Supermassive Black Hole"
    "Time is Running Out"
    "Map of the Problematique."

You have to realize the problem with prominent piano parts in some of them or random Matt falsetto, which would make a game conversion difficult.

Personally my favorites are "Bliss" and "Uno" but they wouldn't make a very good game adaptation compared to some other options.
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    Would work better as a multi-option poll where you ask people to vote for six out of say, ten possible options. I can't really decide between these as there is too much overlap.
  • Mr HoboMr Hobo Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Of those choices, D, but not with Hyper Music, since that's too alike to Plug in Baby. Add Map of the Problematique and I'm happy.

Muse Pack D2
    Plug in Baby
    New Born
    Hysteria
    Citizen Erased
    Map of the Problematique
    Stockholm Syndrome

PS: I love Supermassive Black Hole, but for the main instruments it's just 1 repeating drum beat and 1 guitar riff with alternating timing plus 1 short solo.

PPS: Why is this thread labelled "official"?
  • MusePTMusePT Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    just to show you guys an awesome pic from the HAARP DvD:

edited March 2008
    MusePT;433338 said:
    My choice is Pack D

As for Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole, I see why people like them, they are the most POP songs from Muse and therefor appeal to much more people, but for the hardcore Muse Fan, those songs are not so good (they are not bad, but not Great)

I would like to have in my pack Butterflies & Hurricanes, but due to the big piano part in the middle I think it would be more difficult for HMX to put it in.
    My favourite song is Dark Shines but I know that most people don't know that one... I simply love it!!!
    Hell yeah I know Dark Shines thats a kick ass song and I love Space Dementia and Micro Cuts is really good song as well. Origin of Symmetry is a great album my favorite songs on that cd are New Born, Space Demintia, Plug in Baby, Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts, and Dark Shines. Bliss and Screenager are good as well but the ones I just named are the best to me out of the CD. Really I can listen to this whole cd without skipping any songs just play it straight through.:cool:
  • Darkslide820Darkslide820 Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    I read on wikipedia that Hysteria is rumored to be a DLC for Europe, and then eventually DLC in the US.

Any Muse pack has to have Knights (it blew up thanks to GH3) and Stockholm Syndrome. I would also love to see Starlight and Butterflies, but rely heavily on pianos, which can't be played in Rock Band. Unless they act like it's GH3 and have the guitar play the piano notes...
  • xbadx1233xbadx1233 Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    Map of the Problematique
    Hysteria
    Knights

That's all it takes for me!
  • darkangeldarkangel Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    I dont like any of the choices either. I'd rather have...
    Sing For Absolution
    Hysteria
    Supermassive Black Hole
    Time is Running Out
    Knights Of Cydonia
    Stockholm Syndrome
    edited March 2008
    MBN_EXi7aiN007;432043 said:

I made the cover in Photoshop it's a combination of some of their Albums do you know which ones?:D
    Invincible DVD, Invincible CD single, and what looks like a zooomed in and reversed Hysteria CD single in the upper left?

To my knowlage, I have every Muse CD and DVD except H.A.A.R.P. and H.A.A.R.P. Special Edition (Damn you PAL encoded DVDs!) I hope we get US coded ones soon.

I am curious as to what cover you got the planet from if it isn't Hysteria.

On topic: (Since I didn't vote for one of your packs.)
    6 Songs for me:
    Invincible
    Hysteria
    New Born
    Plug in Baby
    Knights of Cydonia
    Stockholm Syndrome
  • toomasiotoomasio Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Muse's newer songs were just kinda sellout songs to make it bigger in the western world. The true rock songs are in their older stuff.

I chose C because its the most realistic..has some new and old that harmonix will most likely choose to please a middle market.
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    I picked A, but I would also like to see Starlight and Super Massive Blackhole or basically anything by Muse :D
  • MuayThaiGuyMuayThaiGuy Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    I picked A as well, but I would like to see more of their old stuff as an option. Don't get me wrong, I like Black Holes and Revelations, but there are so many good songs from their previous albums that people (possibly newer fans) seem to be overlooking. I think Muscle Museum would be awesome, but only if they let you play the live version off Hullabaloo. It rocks the crap out of the original IMO.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Hysteria will be released in a pack with Oasis and Blur once the UK release of Rock Band ships, since the UK version will be getting those songs pre-loaded within the game. I know nothing has been 100% confirmed yet, but it would make more sense financially to release those songs as a pack rather than keep them UK/Euro exclusive.

I apologize in advance for bogging down the thread with a wishlist, but this is what my ideal 6-pack would look like (assuming Hysteria is released by itself):

-Citizen Erased
    -Knights of Cydonia
    -Stockholm Syndrome
    -Showbiz
    -New Born
    -Plug In Baby
  • bmore007bmore007 Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    I'd go with.......2 packs

Muse Pack 1
    Map of the Problematique
    Knights of Cydonia
    Supermassive Black Hole

Muse Pack 2
    Time is Running Out
    Hysteria
    Shrinking Universe
  • Phategod1Phategod1 Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    Call me Crazy but I want Microcuts
  • ramobararamobara Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    I voted for Pack C, but here would be the ultimate Muse Pack:

Muse Pack X:

- Bliss
    - Plug In Baby
    - Time Is Running Out
    - Stockholm Syndrome
    - Hysteria
    - Map of the Problematique
    - Assassin
    - City of Delusion
    - Knights of Cydonia
    - Glorious (would be EPIC! Too bad it's a Japanese bonus track :( )

ANY of these songs and I will be the happiest Rock Band fan in the universe. I'm highly predicting that next week's DLC will be a Muse pack to coincide with the U.S. release of H.A.A.R.P. (Deluxe Edition Pre-ordered! :cool: )
    edited March 2008
    CohendriX_and_CaMusE;432758 said:
    Yeah I do agree with undertow with the selection but I do uderstand why you chose them. I choose MUSE pack B as well.Also did you really make that cover?I looks like a real MUSE CD cover and I do know what songs they are from.Once I find my cds I'll tell you.Hahaha
    Yes I made it. Thanks for t he compliment. I do graphic design I have personal work that I have done thats better. I go by the name J
    edited March 2008
    MBN_EXi7aiN007;437462 said:

You are correct about the CD cover I made... I like Invincible as well but I didn't see many people requesting it. Theres not too many MUSE songs I don't like I have all there CD's even DarkStar. I have yet been able to go to a MUSE concert I would LOVE to go to one. I heard it be LIVE as hell and they always come to bring the show and ROCK.
    Muse is AMAZING live. I've seen them live three times. Once when they were touring Origin of Symmetry, during thier stint with My Chemical Romance (ick), and last summer when they headlined Lollapalooza Day 2. Both times were epic, to say the least. If you are interested, check out Youtube, most of the HAARP videos are posted up there now, so you can see what they did at Wembly Stadium. Really good stuff.
  • edited March 2008
    Man I would buy and spend my whole 2000 Microsoft points just to have any of these packs for download.I mean if a 6 song pack came out for MUSE and it was 2000 points I would using them no questions asked.JUST give me any form of MUSE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED IT!!!!!
  • depthdefydepthdefy Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    My 6 pack would be:

Knights of Cydonia
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Plug in Baby
    Hysteria
    Bliss
    In Your World

Gods, now I know why Muse is my favourite band; I could have easily made a list of 20 songs of theirs that I wouldn't have liked to play, but would have KILLED to play. Seriously, if HMX made my 20 song pack a reality, I would would be willing to do murder for them.
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    Micro Cuts might put a lot of vocalists in the ER! It would be an insane amount of fun though.

Dark Shines would be another perfect song for RB...there's just so many to choose from. It's like trying to decide which child is your favorite!

I'd love to see Space Dementia too, but it's so heavy on the piano I don't think it would work well, which is a shame because that song is epic. I love Apocalypse Please, but that's in the same boat. :(

I need to learn how to play the piano!
  • BobbyBrownBobbyBrown Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    Phategod1;437309 said:
    Call me Crazy but I want Microcuts
    You're a masochist. That song would kill half of us!

And I agree that Glorious would be an epic song to play. It would make the ultimate closer.
  • DeathShrikeDeathShrike Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    No "Time Is Running Out?" F*ck that.
This discussion has been closed.