And the Final Encore of Guitar Hero 3 is....

edited September 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
Divine Wings of Tragedy - Symphony X. :(

I've never even heard of it.

Here's what drew me to this conclusion. One of the people that played the game says that " it's a song that I have NEVER seen requested or even talked about in relation to Guitar Hero, I've never even seen a custom for it." Another person that played it says "The name of the final encore? It has to do with Dante's Inferno (and no, it isn't the Iced Earth song bearing the same name)."

So I went to Wikipedia, to the page "Dante and his divine comedy in popular culture." I then look under "music." Symphony X is the only band I've heard of on that list. I then went to Youtube and looked at the song. Clocking in at about 15 minutes with some great guitar work, I think it's safe to say that this is the final encore.

Or "The Devil Went Down To Georgia."

comments?

Oh, and here's Through the fire and flames in GLORIOUS HD.

Comments

• Rev0lverRev0lver Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    decent, though i was expecting a more popular song for the final encore.
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Never heard of this song , i will check it out oh and im still not buying Guitar Hero 3.
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for putting that video up in HD. I have had a hard time making out some of the note patters watching it on Youtube but it'll be good to know that it will look that good on my TV.

On a side note I remember hearing that Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden was the final encore, I could be wrong, and probably the person who mentioned it is wrong too lol, but I distinctly remember someone pointing that out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSN - jq71586 - looking for PS3 friends :cool:
  • edited September 2007
    TheRocker;52156 said:
    Never heard of this song , i will check it out oh and im still not buying Guitar Hero 3.
    Good for you. Don't turn this into an anti-GH thread when it doesn't have to be.
    On a side note I remember hearing that Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden was the final encore, I could be wrong, and probably the person who mentioned it is wrong too lol, but I distinctly remember someone pointing that out.
    That was me <.<

It was confirmed as the final tier and the devil was the last boss, so I kinda put 2 and 2 together...

But ImaCarrot, a trustworthy source says that the final encore hasn't been announced.
  • DWDrummer121DWDrummer121 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Never heard of it, but, since it's the final encore, it should be good and challenging, so, I'm excited to play it. Oh, and thanks for posting the DragonForce video. It's always nice to see that video again. :) Thats one of the songs that I'm most excited for. That song is amazing and so is DragonForce! :D
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Since when is the devil confirmed? I don't remember anyone from Neversoft/Red Octane/Activision saying so..
  • battle_axe_of_doombattle_axe_of_doom Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    UGH for christ's sake first dragonforce and these pieces of ****.............
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Rev0lver;52155 said:
    decent, though i was expecting a more popular song for the final encore.
    Same, I'm really not impressed with that decision, I'm not a big fan of the final encore being something not many people have heard of. I really have lost almost full interest in GH III.
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    ThePaska;52182 said:
    Same, I'm really not impressed with that decision, I'm not a big fan of the final encore being something not many people have heard of. I really have lost almost full interest in GH III.
    Yeah i was expecting something more popular , i never heard of this song and its about 15 mins long , so i started downloading it to see if it sounded good and no to me this is just mediocre
    edited September 2007
    Oh and here is the song for those of you that don't feel like looking it up on YouTube. It's live and 20 min long or so, the song does not sound that good to me at all, it might be better not live and not on YouTube.

PART 1

PART 2

edited September 2007
    it doesn't sound good because symphony x sucks. symphony x is "prog" for morons
    edited September 2007
    Apparently new songs will be announced tomorrow or Wednesday, possibly...I hope they are a lot better than this heh.
  • edited September 2007
    This is not confirmed.

Hopefully its the Devil went down to Georgia reworked for guitars instead of fiddles.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    I can guarantee such an unknown song is NOT the final encore.

could be number of the beast, but i think One would be the best fit
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    and appearantly you didn't look very closely at that wiki page

as Radiohead,Nirvana, Bad Religion, and +44 are all mentioned under music, and are well known.

I'm sure there are a few applicable songs out of those bands that fit the criteria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dante_and_his_Divine_Comedy_in_popular_culture#Music
  • Kang_ZirconKang_Zircon Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    sushi111;52227 said:
    This is not confirmed.

Hopefully its the Devil went down to Georgia reworked for guitars instead of fiddles.
    That would be really cool. And if you lose you only receive a slightly smaller, silver fiddle.
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    Kang_Zircon;52252 said:
    That would be really cool. And if you lose you only receive a slightly smaller, silver fiddle.
    Hahahaha. Awesome reference.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSN - jq71586 - looking for PS3 friends. :cool:
  • edited September 2007
    Futurama FTMFW
  • edited September 2007
    Source? Link?

Also, Am I the only one looking forward to GHIII?
    edited September 2007
    not exactly looking forward to it like RB and how i was for ghII, but i will buy it first sometime in the first two weeks that its out
    edited September 2007
    SoraRikuVGM;52297 said:
    Source? Link?

Also, Am I the only one looking forward to GHIII?
    I believe it is posted about here on the ScoreHero Forums: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25154
  • IErrantVentureIIErrantVentureI Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Never heard of it. Kind of dissapointing how it's the final encore and you don't know what it is, eh?
  • edited September 2007
    ThePaska;52190 said:
    Oh and here is the song for those of you that don't feel like looking it up on YouTube. It's live and 20 min long or so, the song does not sound that good to me at all, it might be better not live and not on YouTube.

PART 1

PART 2

I'm pretty sure the studio version sounds much better.
  • IErrantVentureIIErrantVentureI Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    I have to ask, what's with your sig, Julio?
  • edited September 2007
    IErrantVentureI;52379 said:
    I have to ask, what's with your sig, Julio?
    I was looking for "Hitler dancing" on Photobucket and I found this wonderful gem towards the end.

Oh, and here's some other possibilities.

Inferno - Symphony X
    Tornado of Souls - Megadeth (there was a tornado of souls in the Divine Comedy)

And the Nirvana, Sepultura, Radiohead, and Weezer stuff just has to do with album covers, not the actual songs.
    edited September 2007
    actually the sepultura one is an entire album based on the divine comedy
  • edited September 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;52404 said:
    actually the sepultura one is an entire album based on the divine comedy
    Either way I'm pretty sure a song by Sepultura won't be the last encore.
    edited September 2007
    ya ik i just felt like nitpicking sry
  • edited September 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;52409 said:
    ya ik i just felt like nitpicking sry
    It's okay :)

Somebody said it could be Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash, I laughed out loud.
  • tombradytombrady Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    not a fan of DragonForce but i'm sure as hell looking forward to that song, tapping that intro etc.