Disturbed On Rock Band

Comments

• Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    I'm quite confident we'll get another pack this year, most likely when Believe's anniversary draws closer. Would be about time to get songs from that album.
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    I have stopped having optimism towards future releases of anything I like outside of RBN. That won't change until RB starts putting more effort into RB again... which I don't see happening... at least not until RB4 or -new band name- Rock Band comes out... till then, I'll just keep my "we won't get anything I want" attitude and be pleasantly surprised when we do :)
  • NegimafanNegimafan Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    Tykki-Teme wrote: »
    I'm quite confident we'll get another pack this year, most likely when Believe's anniversary draws closer. Would be about time to get songs from that album.
    Unfortunately, plenty of fans have tweeted David Draiman asking if there's going to be a Believe anniversary-edition, and his most common answer is "None planned as of yet, but you never know."

On the bright side, I asked Dan Donegan on twitter if he remembers recording Loading the Weapon and he said yes (in a roundabout way). For some reason it's just never been released.
    edited February 2012
    Negimafan wrote: »
    Unfortunately, plenty of fans have tweeted David Draiman asking if there's going to be a Believe anniversary-edition, and his most common answer is "None planned as of yet, but you never know."

On the bright side, I asked Dan Donegan on twitter if he remembers recording Loading the Weapon and he said yes (in a roundabout way). For some reason it's just never been released.

I know, I haven't heard of a re-release either. I still think that the anniversary would be the most logical date for a new pack, even if an anniversary edition is not released.
    edited February 2012
    I'll take whatever we get if we ever get it.
  • Sou1forgedSou1forged Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    There are a couple of songs I'd love to have:

Prayer
    Remember
    Just Stop
    Deify
    Land of Confusion (I know it's a cover, but I effing love it.)
    The Night
    Haunted

I would have wanted Liberate as well, but I don't want to see it chopped up by the censorship...
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited February 2012
    Disturbed Unrealistic Deep-Cuts Pack 01

Fear
    Want
    Mistress
    Bound
    Deify
    Sacred Lie
    Haunted
    Criminal
    Never Again
    Crucified
    Run
    Dehumanized

We can only dream, right?
    edited February 2012
    I'm on board for "any"
    edited February 2012
    I'm on board for "any"
    You've said that several times but it's not really helping. Until HMX sees more than the same 6-8 people posting here, they're probably not going to be convinced that the community at large wants Disturbed any time soon. A promotion is the best-bet at this point

A good promotion would be The Collection, a limited release package of all five Disturbed albums on 140 gram vinyl LPs. Since this promotion covers the entire discography, it may very-well justify a very large pack. I'd say:

Prayer
    Remember (acoustic, live from MAAW IV)
    Liberate
    Loading the Weapon/Bound (live from MAAW II)
    Ten Thousand Fists
    Land of Confusion
    The Night
    The Infection

Who wouldn't want to play this performance?
    edited February 2012
    that silly facebook app shows Disturbed is still wanted. these forums only have a handful of people that support anything specific at all... that's sorta always been the case... at least that app shows everyone outside of HMX what's really in demand... and strangely enough, it's almost all bands that aren't in RB... and then a lot of popular bands that already are.

I think a likely 3-pack would be like this -
    The Night
    The Infection
    Liberate

my reasoning being that 2 of those have been in other music games. and we still have nothing off Believe.
    edited February 2012

my reasoning being that 2 of those have been in other music games. and we still have nothing off Believe.

It still annoys the hell out of me that other games have The Night and The Infection. Wish we'll get them at some point.
    edited February 2012
    I'm fine with it, I have the other games.
    edited March 2012
    that silly facebook app shows Disturbed is still wanted. these forums only have a handful of people that support anything specific at all... that's sorta always been the case... at least that app shows everyone outside of HMX what's really in demand... and strangely enough, it's almost all bands that aren't in RB... and then a lot of popular bands that already are.
    Well that is true. Still, they're only in 90th as of this writing, so I'm not so sure HMX will emphasize their continued inclusion that much (but I guess they wouldn't turn Disturbed down if they asked). Draiman keeps getting asked on Twitter what the Rock Band situation looks like, and his usual reply is "It's up to them [HMX]."

Anyway, that pack I mentioned above is quite a bit less likely now; the only recordings of the acoustic performance of Remember from MAAW IV were the Bootleg series they sold on their website during the Indestructible cycle. I asked Draiman and he says he doesn't think they were archived anywhere.

I guess we can say goodbye to playing this :(
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Megadeth was in the 80s when we got them so I wouldn't count it out.
    edited March 2012
    JBlack240 wrote: »
    Megadeth was in the 80s when we got them so I wouldn't count it out.
    The app was announced in the middle of December. Supposedly the time from when a song is confirmed amongst HMX's licensors and the time when the song is released on the RB Store is roughly 6 months. I'm guessing Megadeth was already in the pipeline (so in a way, the app's predictions will be totally irrelevant until June/July).

Like I mentioned before, my best projection for Disturbed's next release is somewhere from now till the end of May (just a guess).
    edited March 2012
    Well this is interesting.

Seems any given music-game making company just has to ask the band and we'll have a full-band game.

I just hope there's never a Guitar Hero: Disturbed. That would be awful.
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    I'd buy it. I know the vast majority of people wouldn't though.
    edited March 2012
    I would too. I am not bias or prejudice like most people now a days. besides, Disturbed does a lot of covers, I imagine it'd turn out a lot like Metallica's GH and have a lot of great music.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited March 2012
    Next Disturbed pack based on highest charted songs:

Land Of Confusion*
    The Night
    Prayer

*The only #1 single we don't have by Disturbed. I'd imagine since it's a cover, there would be added licensing difficulties. If not, next in line would be "Warrior", "Liberate", or "Just Stop" which have all peaked at #4. Probably would be "Warrior" since it's their most recent single if I had to take a guess.
    edited March 2012
    Well, yeah. How many artists can you name that would turn down an entire video game, where they're paid for the music and likenesses of themselves? Prince and Led Zeppelin is as far as I can get.
    What's your point?
    edited March 2012
    It's not all that fascinating to find an artist who would go for a band game, since virtually every act that's existed would be up for the idea?
    So in other words, you've made an irrelevant observation.

That wasn't my point: many bands have only a passing familiarity with music games and many of them either don't care at all or outright despite them. The fact that the prospect crossed the lead-singer's mind is what's interesting.

This is what you call a "start"; the first step from pipe-dream to possibility to reality. See how that works?
    edited March 2012
    And yet the start I just mentioned continues to exist. My point still stands.

At least their chances are better than most (like say, A7X rock band that so many of their fans have been clamoring for). I think that's pretty valuable.
    edited May 2012
    Still holding my breath for a Believe pack and/or Ten Thousand Fists and The Night to come out this year. Don't dissappoint me Harmonix.
    edited September 2012
    As said above. Believe's 10th anniversary comes in just about two weeks (the 17th).

Here's hoping we get a pack, or a single or two. I don't want to be too optimistic.
    edited September 2012
    two weeks of Nu Metal in a row would be epic...
  • MistressDeviantMistressDeviant Unsigned
    edited July 2015
    OMG THEY'RE BACK PEOPLE!!! "Immortalized", August 21! So let's open the topic again! "The Vengeful One" is out now and awesome (I know what my Halloween costume is!) And I just listened to "Immortalized", incredible! And in my email, 7/31 ="Fire It Up" and 8/7 = "What Are You Waiting For?" DLC pack anyone! ;)

WOO! Here's wishing for "The Night" or "Prayer" in RB4!
  • I'm still hoping we get more Disturbed...
  • would have preferred "Liberate"...
  • I think with Immortalized (album) being released in less than 2 weeks I could see a near RB4 launch DLC pack to promote it. This year is also the 10th anniversary of Ten Thousand Fists so maybe a pack like:
    The Vengeful One
    Ten Thousand Fists
    Liberate
    The Night
    Warrior (if a 5 pack)
  • I'd buy that.