Rock Blog Monday 09/03/07

edited September 2007 in Announcements
First a warning - I may miss a Rock Blog every here and again. I am heading out on a two week tour-of-sorts starting tomorrow - and if wi-fi is plentiful and good there will be no problems , but we can never count on that can we?

Finished Bioshock. I played as a good guy and kind of want to go back and play bad now. There were a few holy crap moments that I wouldn't mind doing again, too. If you haven't played yet make sure you find yourself a copy and play. Narratively it is one of the most unique and complex games I have ever seen. It was a pleasure to play it and I know a few of the people who worked on it and next I see them the drinks are on me.

Yay for blogs!

Heather writes into the homestretch and we hope against hope we aren't infected by aliens.

Comments

• edited September 2007
    Awesome! I havent finsihed Bioshock, but Im halfway done. Go Boston!

Sean where are you going on this "tour" and is it a coincidence that EA is having a press thingamajag at the same time?:confused:
  • SchultzySchultzy Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    sushi111;52332 said:

Sean where are you going on this "tour" and is it a coincidence that EA is having a press thingamajag at the same time?:confused:
    Hooray! Scandal! I love a good plot twist! :D
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    Would this tour perhaps be making a stop 60 or so mile south stop at my house? Just throwing it out there lol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSN - jq71586 - looking for PS3 friends. :cool:
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Describe this supposed "tour"

and yea i agree, Bioshock was simply amazing.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    What kind of tour is this? Sounds interesting.

I just ordered a 360, it should be coming eventually, once it does I plan on purchasing Bioshock ASAP, and probably Halo 3 as well. In reality I only bought it for Rock Band.

Nice blog today, fun read. I'm still wondering what happened to DanT's blog he promised us with some more info as a follow-up to his last one where he talked about achievements amongst other things.
  • chaopolischaopolis Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Would you kindly give us more info, my good sir.... would you kindly...
  • onlyrobonlyrob Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    Quite honestly, playing through as the bad guy in BioShock really wasn't that rewarding for me. The ending (NO SPOILERS) is less than a minute and very meh. There's also no achievement for being purely evil, as I was really hoping. I really felt disappointed in playing through as the bad guy. It's worth doing for all the abilities, but don't expect much.
  • edited September 2007
    I'm playing through a second time only using the wrench and plasmids... no guns. I think I may play through evil and due to judicious saving will try to get the other two (?) endings.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    There's only two endings
  • bumbousdude25bumbousdude25 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Sorry I'm kinda late, but yeah, Bioshock rocks. The story goes so deep on so many levels and the gameplay is awesome.

Hmm... would you kindly release Rock Band NOW!?!? lol
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Bioshock was pretty sweet...i only got to play through it once since i borrowed it from a friend who rented it (kinda rushed through it). I felt like i had to be the good guy...i like presents and all so it worked out...

What kinda tour-of-sorts is this, and where is it going to exactly?
    I mean, you can't have a real tour without announcing any tour dates or locations...
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited September 2007
    I could never hurt a little girl, even not in virtual reality. So I played as a good guy and have no intention to play as a bad guy again. Watched the bad ending on Youtube though.
  • gates_apcogates_apco Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    ThePaska;52366 said:
    ...I just ordered a 360, ... In reality I only bought it for Rock Band.
    I hear ya. I was a PC gamer before GH came out and I had to get a PS2. Now I've got a bunch of games for PS2. I also got a 360 immediately after playing RB at PAX and have started with Bioshock. My PC cannot handle that game so I'm glad to have it on the 360.

CAN HARDLY WAIT TILL ROCK BAND!
  • Angry_GamesAngry_Games Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    gates_apco;52686 said:
    I hear ya. I was a PC gamer before GH came out and I had to get a PS2. Now I've got a bunch of games for PS2. I also got a 360 immediately after playing RB at PAX and have started with Bioshock. My PC cannot handle that game so I'm glad to have it on the 360.

CAN HARDLY WAIT TILL ROCK BAND!
    heh, I bought my PS2 ONLY for Guitar Hero 1 & 2, and those two games are still the only 2 games for that system (I passed on 80's GH after playing it at a friends and deciding it just wasn't the 80's music that I personally remembered...I mean, the music is definitely from teh 80's but just not interesting at all other than a few songs).

My 360...has Guitar Hero, NHL 07, NHL 2k6, NHL 2k7, Gears of War (which has been played a total of 1 hour or less and I've only got 10 achievement points...I hate FPS on controllers, I grew up with mouse/kb on PC for FPS), THP8...and that's it. Waiting almost-patiently for Rock Band. NHL 08 and NHL 2k8 will be the only other games I buy for it until RB and Mass Effect come out.

Especially now, we moved 2 hours away from Boise to the south, back to the towns that my wife and I grew up in/around. Found my old best friend from junior/senior high school and he's a pretty good drummer...after showing him the Rock Band video, I think he had to change his undies and now won't shut up about how he's going to be our drummer.

I'm interested to keep hearing more and more details about Rock Band (mostly when the %#@$#@ is it going to be released so I can buy it! lol). I'm still trying to not watch too many RB videos or read too many RB press releases...it makes the anticipation and surprises all that much sweeter.

Bioshock...other than the draconian copy protection and Windows-like install limits with activation, the demo on both the 360 and PC spurred me to purchase it. However...it has been sitting on my hdd installed for over a week and I still have yet to even fire the game up for the first time (more sweet anticipation I suppose, or possibly just too busy doing real work booo!!!).

Normally I would rail against the over-hype of this game, but so far I've only met maybe 3 people on the internet who didn't like it...which leaves 217 billion others acting like it's the second coming of Jesus but in a video game. So I suppose it must be ok heh.

In the meantime, my friends and I are still picking out our "stage clothing" aka costumes haha for some Rock Band action (my website will definitely be doing a review of this game even though we are mainly a computer hardware/software help site...but a game like this...it appeals to EVERYONE (except crazies who think rock music is straight from the devil and will make you do bad things after it brainwashes you), and I don't want RB to take as long as Guitar Hero did to become common household name (I never heard of GH myself until right before GH2 was coming out, and it seems like I'm not alone, as well as everyone I meet I still can't shut up about GH *and RB that is coming* yet almost everyone has never even heard of it (except for their teenage kids, who scream and yell about how they want to come over to my house and play it on the PS2 and/or 360 when they find out I have it lol).

Ok, back to my cave for another couple of weeks. Just stopping in to say I still be reading the forums, just haven't had anything interesting to say lately (but then again what I just said in this post is as uninteresting as can be)
  • TheWolf619TheWolf619 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Cool!! Maybe we'll see you tomorrow during Gamespot's EA coverage. :D
    and maybe we'll finally get pricing and a solid release date. *prays*
  • DShizzle1029DShizzle1029 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Bioshock had a good ending when you did it as a good guy. Very emotionally touching...
  • skeltonathskeltonath Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=938870&topic=38018674

Could this be the "tour" Sean was talking about?

Note: Do not know if that guy is telling the truth...
  • casedawgcasedawg Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    he could be telling the truth... i remember on the gamespot boards someone came on claiming that rb was at his friends super sweet 16 party and it would be on tv the next monday then sure enough on the next monday an episode of my super sweet 16 aired that had rock band on it. only showed a short glimpse of the game but it was there.
  • skeltonathskeltonath Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    I think the guy was telling the truth. I saw another post on Scorehero, and a different person mentioned Rockband being at Washington U, but he didn't get to play, because he was stuck in class.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    You would think that sean would tell us more about the tour if he was coming around to everyone on a Rock Band bus, how are we supposed to find it and play it if we don't know where it is?! I really would love to get my hands on some Rock Band.
  • DShizzle1029DShizzle1029 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    ThePaska;53433 said:
    You would think that sean would tell us more about the tour if he was coming around to everyone on a Rock Band bus, how are we supposed to find it and play it if we don't know where it is?! I really would love to get my hands on some Rock Band.
    Yeah Sean! (gives Sean a Derek Zoolander look)
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    sorry trying to bump away a post accidently posted here
  • jemwebbjemwebb Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    I just saw the tour schedule. What, no Denver???