Uh Oh Sora

TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
edited September 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
"In an interview with ProG, Red Octane pres. Kai Huang confirmed there would not be any online play for the Wii version of Guitar Hero III initially. No time frame is given when the feature would be implemented. He said there will be online play for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. Huang says, "There won't be online initially for the Wii, but we are working with Nintendo to see how we can get those features in."

Oh please, that's easy. First you start by talking 12-digit codes with Nintendo and then pinky-swear that there won't be any guitar playing pedophiles on the other end of that game -- to prove this each purchaser of Guitar Hero III who wants to go online will submit two forms of ID and authorize a criminal background check by Nintendo. It's as simple as that"

LINK!

Comments

• edited September 2007
    THOSE MOTHER ****ERS.

*cries*

I need a hug...

Seriously, I think I feel a few tears coming on. D:

I swear, if they don't put online soon, I will give up on Guitar Hero. Even maybe 3 or 4 months after I would be ok...
  • MaherjMaherj Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    SoraRikuVGM;52979 said:

I need a hug...

*hugs* Poor guy, you had your hopes so much for the Wii...Get a 360/PS3!
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    That's what happens when you get a wii.

You get what you pay for.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Free online FTW...

Thank goodness I just picked myself up a 360, not that I necessarily want GH III that much anymore, but if I end up getting it, I'll at least get to play it online.
  • DWDrummer121DWDrummer121 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Well, this sucks ass, but usually I prefer playing with people next to me rather than online for GH. With RB, that's a different story because, usually when you'll play across the world with RB, there will be different people on different parts and that's gonna be fullfilling, but when you play online with GH, I think that I'd get bored quickly with just playin' guitar when I could be playing in a band online.:D Bottom line, not too bothered by the 'no-online' thing for the Wii, so I'm still getting it just so I can finally put some use into it after a few months. :D
  • edited September 2007
    Sora,

Sorry to hear about this. Maybe this news will turn out to be false.
    If not, is there nothing left for us to drink over? ;)
  • MaherjMaherj Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Great news for you Wii guys!

Linkie

"Following yesterday's ProG interview with Red Octane pres. Kai Huang that the Wii's Guitar Hero III would not have online play, there seems to have been some miscommunication. Red Octane contacted Joystiq to let us know that what Huang meant to say is there would initially be no downloadable content for the Wii. They reaffirmed that there will be online play"
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Well. Hooray! Everybody can continue on living. :rolleyes:
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    PlasticAss;54609 said:

Linkie

"Following yesterday's ProG interview with Red Octane pres. Kai Huang that the Wii's Guitar Hero III would not have online play, there seems to have been some miscommunication. Red Octane contacted Joystiq to let us know that what Huang meant to say is there would initially be no downloadable content for the Wii. They reaffirmed that there will be online play"
    Yea I just read about this. No surprise here, the Wii is capable of online play it has proven this with a few games. I was quite surprised before when they said there would be no initial Wii online play.

This makes more sense, the Wiis internal memory is quite small, the easy solution here would be either SD cards or external Hard Drives. We'll see how it goes, at least Wii owners wont be completely worse off than 360 and PS3 owners. Its not even clear how much DLC Guitar Hero will offer at this point in time.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    why hasn't online caught on as a standard for the wii? am i missing something?
  • edited September 2007
    PlasticAss;54609 said:

Linkie

I LOVE YOU.

Come, let us all engage in a group hug.*

*Except for the haters who wanted no Wii online
  • edited September 2007
    Eman311;54737 said:
    why hasn't online caught on as a standard for the wii? am i missing something?
    Nintendo's system is completely backwards and supposedly a pain to implement. Not to mention that there's no actual way to distribute download packs. All this to save little Jimmy from the big mean child molestors that live around every corner, playing those online games to seduce our children.
    I love Nintendo, and the Wii is a great little system (though I wouldn't really call it "next-gen"...), but they really need to get on the ball to even compete with Sony's lackluster performance, not to mention Microsoft's amazing online service. Oh well, you get what you pay for.