A Thought On These Boards

FallenAceFallenAce Eater of Fine Cheeses
edited September 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
How often do you stay in a forum after the game is released? I'm thinking a few months after the game release, this board is probably going to lose a lot of the old posters and probably get flooded with GameFAQs-esque kids.

You know kids, when I was your age the GameFAQs boards were pretty nice. There were only a couple hundred kids, we talked about writing faqs, and asked each other for help. And I could buy a newspaper and a Coke in a glass bottle for a nickel!

Anyway, how many of you guys do you think will still be around here in January/February and beyond?

Comments

• ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    I guarantee the day this game gets released there is going to be a flood of new people. Cinder and Sean are going to have their work cut out for them. However, I doubt most of the people that are here now will be going anywhere, especially since it will be an easy way to stay in touch with each other and form bands.

Also with all the DLC, this will be the place to find out what is coming out next and discuss which songs will be good for downloading.

I know I'm not going anywhere.
  • PhiromosPhiromos Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    YOU..ARE..MY...FAVORITE..PERSON...EVER...i literally JUST left the HORRIBLE gamefaqs boards to come here..the moderators are crap there too...but the posters...flamers..all of them..thats all they do..and itll probably last maybe a months of still good people..then the gamefaqs assholes will take it over and everyone can see why i was so mad when i left there
  • gh2masterwellalmostgh2masterwellalmost Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    FallenAce;53763 said:
    How often do you stay in a forum after the game is released? I'm thinking a few months after the game release, this board is probably going to lose a lot of the old posters and probably get flooded with GameFAQs-esque kids.

You know kids, when I was your age the GameFAQs boards were pretty nice. There were only a couple hundred kids, we talked about writing faqs, and asked each other for help. And I could buy a newspaper and a Coke in a glass bottle for a nickel!

Anyway, how many of you guys do you think will still be around here in January/February and beyond?
    You can all be pleased to know I will posting a TON LESS when RB is released in the USA. In fact, I'm just sticking to general (where I've been hanging out for an age anyway just dipping into Rock Band's new announcements i.e. barely ever.

Meh, I'll stay a few months after E.U. release - so I dunno my exam and mock exam time is when I'll stop for a while. But, I don't really wanna be stuck in a forum with a load of people shouting OMFG RB IS TEH BESTEST SO 1337 or w.e. (haha has someone got jealousy :P)
  • lorddavidlorddavid Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Used to play WWF: With Authority, awesome online TCG based on wrestling (What? With a name like that? Who knew?!), I was part of the Beta testing (t'was hard to get into that testing... what with having to download the game and create a username... really hard work...), and as there was only about a hundred of us, barring one or two idiots, there was no problem (and no scamming, lol, we had all the cards free as it was just for testing).

A week or two after release (noting I don't think there was any big push on TV either, just via the website and some small ads in game magazines and wrestling magazines), we were flooded with complete smeg heads, who were just wanting to create problems (both in game and out), who would pull out of a game if they were losing (meaning they had to create a way of cutting that out after a while, dunno if they ever did fix that...), and just attempt to be as annoying as possible.

Which leads me to believe that a game with a wider appeal than a trading card game... and with a wider base of fans than wrestling has... and a much, much bigger advertising spree to be given to it... is going to have a ton more prats to deal with.
  • freakonatefreakonate Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    I usually never bother with forums for the most part. This forum is the first I've ever posted in on a regular basis. I assume I'll be sticking around way beyond the games launch because didn't Sean say something about them having much bigger plans for the site? Like the possibility of us having our own band pages or something?
  • Raider87Raider87 Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    FallenAce;53763 said:

That's pretty much what's gonna happen.... if anyone was a member over at the Official Guitar Hero Forums before GH2 came out they witnessed this first hand... that place is completely dead now and it's a shame too because that place used to be awesome.. they are making a new GH forum but it'll probably be the same... I hope this place doesn't go to hell too
  • lorddavidlorddavid Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    ooh, that'd rock (pardon the pun) if we had our own band pages (guessing it'll just fit in with the forum stuff we have now, as our profiles seem to be kinda like Myspace as it is).

Only post on 3 boards myself.
    This one.
    UKFF.com (The UK Fan Forum, basically a UK wrestling forum)
    and my site's below. (cheap plug!)
  • LZ_RebornLZ_Reborn Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    I guess I won't be around here as much once the game is out, you know cus I will be to busy playin it!!:D But like Paska said, I'll be back every now and again to check up on the latest buzz on DLC....:)
  • BeckRokkBeckRokk Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    I think what would be great is once the game is released members could compare how well their bands are doing against one another without having to look on their respective console of choice. I will stay regardless, but that would make me come back more often.
  • SaltinesSaltines Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Raider87;53792 said:
    That's pretty much what's gonna happen.... if anyone was a member over at the Official Guitar Hero Forums before GH2 came out they witnessed this first hand... that place is completely dead now and it's a shame too because that place used to be awesome.. they are making a new GH forum but it'll probably be the same... I hope this place doesn't go to hell too
    Yep... i was there. I think I joined even before you did. :]
  • edited September 2007
    Nah. Once Rock Band 2 is announced we'll be flocking back.
  • edited September 2007
    I really like these boards, but it is nice to see that we do have commited mods, so they will be working overtime to control all the new fanboys that will be coming in post-release

:)
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    I bet it'll slow to a crawl at release, until everyone has gone through the game and starts wanting to play online...so maybe two days...

Either way it's the best forums I've ever been on...i mean Sean alone is a reason to keep coming back...and you other folks i guess..
  • DShizzle1029DShizzle1029 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    I might be around after the game is released...key word "MIGHT"
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    I'll be stickin' around. I'm mostly on at work anyways, so.. :D Besides, some of us are gonna have to help with post control when we start getting flooded. And also it will be all new topics finally, no more questions wondering about how the game will work.
  • FallenAceFallenAce Eater of Fine Cheeses
    edited September 2007
    I didn't think about that... Once this game comes out, if I don't hang out here, what will I do when I'm working all day?

I'm sure I'll post less than I do now, but no matter. Once we get attacked by all the lil' ones, I'll go watch the chaos in the chat. That will be hilarious, because you know one or two people will hang out there and actually try to answer all the questions. That role will not be filled by me.
  • MartyMcFlyMartyMcFly Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    These are the only boards I visit. I doubt I'll still be around in late Dec - Jan. I'll be sure to post my love for the game right after release, but after that it won't be much.

Once they make the Rock Band myspace thing people been talking about, then I'm sure I'll be doing that.

Also, I may drop in the Band Wanted forum time to time, to see if I can jam with some of you guys.
  • tucsonovernitetucsonovernite Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    FallenAce;54449 said:
    I didn't think about that... Once this game comes out, if I don't hang out here, what will I do when I'm working all day?.
    Agreed. This site eases me through the work day also.....anyway I'd miss all you crazy characters if I just up and left....**sob** :o
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    I'll be here till the great prophet Bukakke warns me of the cleansing. Hopefully that doesn't happen!
  • FallenAceFallenAce Eater of Fine Cheeses
    edited September 2007
    Ummm... Bukkake is about as far from cleansing as you can get, dude.
  • DesensitizedDesensitized Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    FallenAce;54479 said:
    Ummm... Bukkake is about as far from cleansing as you can get, dude.
    Awesome. ;)
  • SaltinesSaltines Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;54470 said:
    I'll be here till the great prophet Bukakke warns me of the cleansing. Hopefully that doesn't happen!
    This place is watched over well, a cleansing should never be necessary..but I brought my coat.
  • edited September 2007
    Well I've stuck around the Official Guitar Hero forums since before GH1 came out. I still check in everyday for some reason.

Man that place went to hell the summer before GH2 came out. It really needs a mod or something now that cinder left.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    I'm not going anywhere
  • Phrank-EPhrank-E Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Raider87;53792 said:

What do you care? we got a good home to run to when these other forums turn to ****e. :D