Rock Band Or Guitar Hero 3

JoiggaJoigga Banned
edited September 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
If You Had 2 Pick 1 Game What Would It be? It Has To Be One And Write Why You Would Choose That One?

Comments

• TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    mhmm not the best thread
  • edited September 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;54549 said:
    Why did you choose GHIII?

I chose RB because of its near infinite replay value.
    Tell that to Score Hero:rolleyes:
  • MartyMcFlyMartyMcFly Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    I'll be honest. This is a stupid thread. You're asking this question in the Rock Band forums. Seriously, why would anyone even answer GHIII anyway here I don't know.
  • edited September 2007
    This is a dumb thread that was created to incite flaming. In before lock.

And if I had to pick one, I'd pick Guitar Hero 3. Sorry. I'm getting both though :P
  • LZ_RebornLZ_Reborn Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    No contest!! if they where to price down GHIII to 30 bucks, I would still pick RB!!:D You can't beat 4 ways to play a game against 1.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    This is a Rock Band forum, I'm guaranteeing that Rock Band will win out on this.
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    sushi111;54594 said:
    Tell that to Score Hero:rolleyes:
    They are a little biased, methinks.
  • edited September 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;54622 said:
    NO! :eek:

:rolleyes:
    edited September 2007
    LZ_Reborn;54605 said:
    No contest!! You can't beat 4 ways to play a game against 1.
    That's what I say to anyone that tries to compare.
    Honestly, Rock Band and Guitar Hero III wouldn't even be fully compared if the companies had nothing to do with each other.

In my eyes, Rock Band shouldn't be compared to GH because it's not a guitar game!

If/when lawlActivision/Neversoft decides they want to add instruments to Guitar Hero (how dumb does that sound, seriously) then it would be comparable on the same level.
    edited September 2007
  • KutsicKutsic Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    GH3 easily, Rock Band's tracklist blows
    edited September 2007
    Kutsic;54637 said:
    lol you're funny
    edited September 2007
    MartyMcFly;54639 said:
    lol you're funny
    Thats a nice way to put it. I was going to say mentally retarded. :)
  • nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Guitar Hero III.

I don't really care about drums or vocals. The only multiplayer I'm interested in is playing with my wife who would sing. But if I had to choose only 1 game, GHIII it is.
    edited September 2007
    Bad choice, I'm afraid...

I'm not against GH. Hell, I've got 1,2, and the 80's. I love Guitar Hero. But this is Guitar Hero times 4. Why would you not want that?
  • edited September 2007
    Kutsic;54637 said:
    This was put a little harshly... but... yeah. In my opinion GH 3's setlist is a wee bit better than RB's. Don't flame me for this, RB's setlist is awesome. But GH 3's setlist is... um... a little more awesome IMO.

But I'm getting both anyway which is what ALL OF YOU SHOULD DO.
    edited September 2007
    Julio-Claudius;54666 said:
    This was put a little harshly, but in my opinion GH 3's setlist is a wee bit better than RB's. Don't flame me for this, RB's setlist is awesome. But GH 3's setlist is... um... a little more awesome IMO.
    And thats cool that that is your opinion. But two months from now, we are going to be hearing how GHIII's tracklist sucks cause all the covers are horrible. Its been the same with I, II, and the 80's. That train is never late.
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    TheRocker;54564 said:
    mhmm not the best thread
    None of his are.

But, I'm picking.. "lock". As in, "lock this thread."
  • Phrank-EPhrank-E Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Rockband.. Duh! Just for the fact it does more and the wife will sing.. She won't play GH but she will play KR.. So.. That is a bonus for me. Also like I.B. said.. has more replayability and will likely not dissapoint with the DLC.

And Scorehero peeps are sheep. GH3 is the usurper.. Not RB. They are turning their backs on the very devs that gave them what they have held dear. If Jesus came back and changed his name to Pedro and created a religion called Pedroism, But was still ultimately the same person preaching the same things, only much better than before, Would Christians bad mouth him and say he sucks?

I think they would.
  • edited September 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;54671 said:
    And thats cool that that is your opinion. But two months from now, we are going to be hearing how GHIII's tracklist sucks cause all the covers are horrible. Its been the same with I, II, and the 80's. That train is never late.
    I hope you know that 70% of the songs in GH 3 are master tracks. And Slow Ride (a cover) and RYLAH (also a cover) sound EXACTLY like the master.
    Phrank-E;54684 said:

And Scorehero peeps are sheep. GH3 is the usurper.. Not RB. They are turning their backs on the very devs that gave them what they have held dear.
    Couldn't agree more. Lots of the RB bashing there is unwarranted. But the same goes for GH 3 here.
  • Phrank-EPhrank-E Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Julio-Claudius;54691 said:
    I hope you know that 70% of the songs in GH 3 are master tracks. And Slow Ride (a cover) and RYLAH (also a cover) sound EXACTLY like the master.

Couldn't agree more. Lots of the RB bashing there is unwarranted. But the same goes for GH 3 here.
    This brings up a question... Wavegroup used to handle the music end. As far as the covers go. Who are they with now? HMX or did Activision keep them on board?
  • dragulaACdragulaAC Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Well considering most of the Guitar Hero III people are saying it's because of the tracklist.

Uhhh, pointless much? It's called DLC (downloadable Content) There's going to be, from what it sounds like, hundreds of more songs available to pick and choose from to add to the game.

...yah i chose Rock Band. If that wasn't obvious yet. The drums look WAY too fun. Plus, i think i recall reading a thread saying Guitar Hero is thinking about expanding, they think maybe adding some drums and vocal parts in the next game. Real clever there, hah. Still leeching off HMX. That must mean HMX is doing something right.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited September 2007
    Rock Band though I accidently voted for GH 3 in the poll. :(
    Should probably wait untill all the songs are out but right now Rock Bad.
    edited September 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;54667 said:
    Bad choice, I'm afraid...

I'm not against GH. Hell, I've got 1,2, and the 80's. I love Guitar Hero. But this is Guitar Hero times 4. Why would you not want that?
    Because if you only care about guitar, it makes sense to go with the game that has the songs which feature interesting guitar parts at the expense of vocals and drums, whereas if you are looking for a multiplayer more even experience, RB makes more sense. YYZ would likely not be in RB, for example, whereas it's a kickass song in GHII.

In actuality, I'll probably end up with both, but the question only allowed for one choice.
  • stinkdog2007stinkdog2007 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;54622 said:
    This is why I think scorehero sucks. I hate how they always bash on Rock Band.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited September 2007
    Definitely Rockband. Better game, more game, better tracks, more tracks (with DLC).
  • JoiggaJoigga Banned
    edited September 2007
    Kutsic;54637 said:
    True Dat Lol Im Still Getting RB Tho GHIII's TrackList Is Wayyy Better IMO But We All Are Diffrent
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited September 2007
    Although GH3 just announced Bloc Party in it's setlist, it's still Rockband. Especially because of the DLC. Can still get Bloc Party in Rockband.
    edited September 2007
    stinkdog2007;54755 said:
    This is why I think scorehero sucks. I hate how they always bash on Rock Band.
    Who does, the moderators? The general users?

The mods are excited about GHIII because they actually played that, and get exclusive info about it. It seems to me that many people will be getting both games.
  • edited September 2007
    nicko68;54806 said:
    Who does, the moderators? The general users?

The mods are excited about GHIII because they actually played that, and get exclusive info about it. It seems to me that many people will be getting both games.
    Hahaha have you ever read a single thread at Scorehero? The mods are only giddy about it because Neversoft paid for $200 plane tickets and gave them free beer and the general users are the mods' puppets.