hows everyone doin?? (need more points idk why but i do)

PhiromosPhiromos Rising Star
edited September 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
need more points!!!! therefore..more topics from me...hows everyone doin

Comments

  • PhiromosPhiromos Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    when you click "my account" there is a little blue star with a number next to it..those are points..the higher the number the better
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Come on man, don't be a postwhore. No one likes that. If you want your points, earn them, but earn them right.

    Especially if you don't even know what they are for.
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;54567 said:
    Come on man, don't be a postwhore. No one likes that. If you want your points, earn them, but earn them right.

    Especially if you don't even know what they are for.
    Agreed. No need to make new topics just to get points.
  • gh2masterwellalmostgh2masterwellalmost Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Phiromos;54559 said:
    need more points!!!! therefore..more topics from me...hows everyone doin
    Awww dude don't fall into the trap of making threads like this. I'll look the other way cos you don't usually do this (not that my standards are great), but just remember those points are pointless.
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Apparently they aren't, otherwise they wouldn't be there.
  • gh2masterwellalmostgh2masterwellalmost Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;54620 said:
    Apparently they aren't, otherwise they wouldn't be there.
    Just because you know something bout how they're made. They're like so many other forums - some forums you accumulate them through donating others you make more threads.

    Now, unless they effect 360 Achievements or anything to do with the actual gameplay of Rock Band, they they are pointless. But look so far - the system is just going to be abused.

    Its a nice, but unneccesary extra.
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    gh2masterwellalmost;54631 said:
    Now, unless they effect 360 Achievements or anything to do with the actual gameplay of Rock Band, they they are pointless. But look so far - the system is just going to be abused.

    Its a nice, but unnecessary extra.
    I agree. But you don't know whether it is unnecessary or not. You just assume it is because of the lack of info regarding it. I've not done really anything extraordinary for these points that someone else could do themselves.
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;54645 said:
    I agree. But you don't know whether it is unnecessary or not. You just assume it is because of the lack of info regarding it. I've not done really anything extraordinary for these points that someone else could do themselves.
    Who knows? Maybe Harmonix is planning on having something where you can "cash in" points for Rock Band merchandise or something? Haha.. Probably wishful thinking.. but it would be awesome.
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    That would be sweet!
  • SaltinesSaltines Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Rockband Guitar Sticker.. 200 points!
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    I am fairly sure that the points have no connection to the forums at all. It is strictly within the "my profile" area/system. Forum activity only affects your member status. So yeah, threads like these = good for post count whoring and thats it :p

    A different community I am a part of has a points store called the "point mall". It work just like that; use your points to buy merch. In that community you get different amounts of points for different activities (same as it is here) but those activities are much more varied than they are here.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Phiromos;54559 said:
    need more points!!!! therefore..more topics from me...hows everyone doin
    Don't be a ****ing troll....... no wonder you got booted from gamefaqs.

    Seriously the points mean NOTHING
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Saltines;54678 said:
    Rockband Guitar Sticker.. 200 points!
    hahaha that would be so cool.
  • gh2masterwellalmostgh2masterwellalmost Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Considering it was some of these fellow users who were moaning HMX "have" to make a profit, so I'm surprised you didn't see that this is out of their interests.

    And, yh, they'll mean nothing at the end of the day - but if they converted to MS Points, Achievements or gave me stuff then I'd be interested. But since none of these will happen, its pure rubbish, and is just another unneccesary extra.
  • kotrankotran Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    My guess is that the points are worthless. They just give an indication of how many threads, blogs, etc that you created. It is probably just part of the forum software that they are using. Unfortunately it creates a situation of thread whoring such as this one solely to get those points.

    If there truly was going to be any type of points/rewards system, I'd bet they'd be using the "My Rating" section of the profile. So far, I have yet to find anybody that has a rating above 0.00. I'd guess that this forum software has the functionality to do a Digg-like rating system for posts, HMX just chose to keep it turned off.
  • FallenAceFallenAce Eater of Fine Cheeses
    edited September 2007
    Maybe they'll have a VIP section of the forums... like you have to have this many posts and points so you don't have to get flooded by the annoying people who make an account to bash and then leave.
  • gh2masterwellalmostgh2masterwellalmost Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    FallenAce;55202 said:
    Maybe they'll have a VIP section of the forums... like you have to have this many posts and points so you don't have to get flooded by the annoying people who make an account to bash and then leave.
    Sounds great on paper, but it creates an unfair advantage for those who have been here for a while and (non-flaming/threadwhoring) n00bs.
  • edited September 2007
  • SaltinesSaltines Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    FallenAce;55202 said:
    Maybe they'll have a VIP section of the forums... like you have to have this many posts and points so you don't have to get flooded by the annoying people who make an account to bash and then leave.
    Bad idea.. we would have certain people in that have like 1000posts in two days...

    or 515 in one month.
  • gh2masterwellalmostgh2masterwellalmost Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Saltines;55335 said:
    Bad idea.. we would have certain people in that have like 1000posts in two days...

    or 515 in one month.
    Agreed. But i've seen 515 (in fact I've seen over 600) in a month... and a lot of what that person wrote was pretty spamtastic or pointless..

    But yh, it just creates an unfair divide between n00bs and vets on the forum. If it wasn't bad enough us screaming READ THE DAMN NOOB GUIDE over over and over again :P we're gonna set up a system where their forum is full of flamers and we a good forum.

    Sean has more sense than that. Me thinks he let it in to see if he could get something good out of it. But, since he can't, he won't get rid of it so it'll just sit here, fuelling this thread :P
  • edited September 2007
    gh2masterwellalmost;55218 said:
    Sounds great on paper, but it creates an unfair advantage for those who have been here for a while and (non-flaming/threadwhoring) n00bs.
    Life isn't fair. I love this idea.
  • SaltinesSaltines Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Julio-Claudius;55413 said:
    Life isn't fair. I love this idea.


    ^Is oblivious to my post.
  • edited September 2007
    Saltines;55419 said:
    ^Is oblivious to my post.
    Oh shut the hell up. It isn't my life's ambition to be the most popular or most liked member in an obscure internet forum.

    And just point things out, I don't spam. I just post alot. Yeah, call me a postwhore, whatever. If Sean deleted all my posts I wouldn't bat an eyelash.
  • gh2masterwellalmostgh2masterwellalmost Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Julio-Claudius;55425 said:
    Oh shut the hell up. It isn't my life's ambition to be the most popular or most liked member in an obscure internet forum.

    And just point things out, I don't spam. I just post alot. Yeah, call me a postwhore, whatever. If Sean deleted all my posts I wouldn't bat an eyelash.
    Well, you have been a postwhore a few times *COUGH DEUCEBAG /COUGH* but you weren't the person I was referring to.

    But I agree with Saltines. The idea of this is unfair when it is UNNECCESARILY unfair. Life is unfair because some win some lose (in today's suckish society). In a bloody forum, building an unneccessary hierachy - its how so many forums fall down - just shouldn't happen.

    Its a nice forum as it is. "If it ain't broke don't fix it". All I (and I'm sure many others) want to do is rave on RB and casually chat, maybe talk with our band when its out. Creating it is pointless, and requires more management on the forums, and Sean is almost doing single-handedly, and doing a decent job - I bet he doesn't want to maintain this points thing.
  • edited September 2007
    gh2masterwellalmost;55431 said:
    Well, you have been a postwhore a few times *COUGH DEUCEBAG /COUGH* but you weren't the person I was referring to.
    I didn't do that to postwhore, I did that to call you a douchebag! :p


    But either way I guess you're right. And when it comes to postwhores, I'm pretty sure I'm not the worst one here.
  • battle_axe_of_doombattle_axe_of_doom Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    i'm doing ok. sharebee is down so i can't d/l alice in chain's dirt album since i was moron and deleted half of the tracks by accident. jamming to some weather report at the moment, and paid off whatever i owed to college. also idk i might turn off the comp and continue reading survivor by chuck palahniuk
  • gh2masterwellalmostgh2masterwellalmost Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Julio-Claudius;55436 said:
    But either way I guess you're right. And when it comes to postwhores, I'm pretty sure I'm not the worst one here.
    Of course - now who has over 600 posts and did it under a month - if only we had a clue :rolleyes: :P :D (tip: not me)
  • edited September 2007
    gh2masterwellalmost;55465 said:
    Of course - now who has over 600 posts and did it under a month - if only we had a clue :rolleyes: :P :D (tip: not me)
    Battle Axe of Doom?
  • battle_axe_of_doombattle_axe_of_doom Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    wut did i do to you man :(:(:(
Sign In or Register to comment.