Rock Blog Thursday (?) 09/06/07

edited September 2007 in Announcements
You found me! Yeah, I was at the EA Studio Showcase yesterday hanging out in the big auditorium helping folks play the game (complete with two fog machines!) I met a lot of cool people like the Simpson's game team (which will be amazing, I was laughing all through the demo) the team from Flagship (Hellgate London) and Criterion (Burnout which is probably one of my favorite series ever.) I am always amazed by how stoked people get to play our game. Journalists, tech people, other developers... the response is always amazing. It just makes people happy. It also gives me a lot of ideas of some fun places I'd like to send copies of the game... like the United Nations.

I also got to see Peter Moore's presentation. In other words I saw him hold a PS3 controller aloft and say "OMFG, Peter Moore with a PS3 controller." It really was hilarious.

So now I am out in Vegas handling some Rock Band awesomosity around the city. I might even be coming to your town... more on that when there is more on that.

Now I am going to nap. It is going to be a long couple days. If anything totally amazing pops up I'll let you know (I have a feeling I will come away with some good stories... maybe a new tattoo...)

Chris Canfield with a letter from a playtester.

EDIT - I also wanted to make known that after PAX and doing all the yelling and screming and total insanity i came away sounding like Tom Waits getting punched in the throat. Awesome. I am basically in the same position now of singing/talking/yelling excitedly about stuff I got a DVD trainer called the Zen of Screaming which teaches much better ways of singing and screaming that don't shred your voice up. The DVD is done by Melissa Cross who is the vocal trainer for lamb of God, Andrew WK, Shadows Fall... it goes on. For any of you cats who plan on singing a lot you may want to watch it. It is a lifesaver.

OH! And in case you hadn't heard... THE PIXIES ARE IN OUR GAME!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comments

• MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited September 2007
    Is this tour thing where everyday people can play the game similar to PAX? If so, I'd really consider skipping classes or work for a day to go to Pittsburgh (2 - 4 hours away - I wish Buffalo, NY wasn't such a crap city that no one cares about, lol). Oh, and if it is open to the public, could RB forum members potentially get a shoe-in chance to play the game like what happened during PAX?
  • edited September 2007
    Magnet;54922 said:
    Is this tour thing where everyday people can play the game similar to PAX? If so, I'd really consider skipping classes or work for a day to go to Pittsburgh (2 - 4 hours away - I wish Buffalo, NY wasn't such a crap city that no one cares about, lol). Oh, and if it is open to the public, could RB forum members potentially get a shoe-in chance to play the game like what happened during PAX?

Yes this is very much a come out and play sort of thing as far as I know. I obviously won't be at every stop (look at that schedule...I am not made of magic - or am I?) but I think we are trying to get HMX folks out to as many as possible and I will be doing a LOT of travelling over the next few months to try to meet as many people as possible. As far as special attention? I will try my best. if an event is coming up and you are going definitely let me know and I'll see what I can do.
  • onlyrobonlyrob Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    Magnet;54922 said:
    Holy crap, you're from Buffalo, too?!

It's a sign, Sean, it's a sign!! Visit Buffalo, or at least E For All Expo!
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Make the tour stop by Ann Arbor or Detroit, Michigan.. I'll have no other way of playing until the game is out if you don't. :(
  • RiboflavinRiboflavin Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    yo...if you go to the tattoo parlor at the Palms...and there is a lil blond girl working the counter named Rose...tell her Ryan from Oregon says hello and that he is slightly in love with her.
  • edited September 2007
    Riboflavin;54989 said:
    yo...if you go to the tattoo parlor at the Palms...and there is a lil blond girl working the counter named Rose...tell her Ryan from Oregon says hello and that he is slightly in love with her.

I'll see what I can do. Is there a chance this will result in a free tattoo?
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Is anything special planned for the Boston tour date?
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;55016 said:
    I'll see what I can do. Is there a chance this will result in a free tattoo?
    Sadly...they dont hook anyone up since the shop is famous and all. Sorry Brah. But they do have some amazing artists there.
  • edited September 2007
    I'll definitely check in. I'll be at the Palms a lot over the next couple days. Which parlor is it?
    edited September 2007
    Hart and Huntington (inside the original Palms tower)

i tried to teach her to play Guitar Hero once...but she is more into the drums. She would dig playin Rock Band.
  • ZkDotNetZkDotNet Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;54959 said:
    Yes this is very much a come out and play sort of thing as far as I know. I obviously won't be at every stop (look at that schedule...I am not made of magic - or am I?) but I think we are trying to get HMX folks out to as many as possible and I will be doing a LOT of travelling over the next few months to try to meet as many people as possible. As far as special attention? I will try my best. if an event is coming up and you are going definitely let me know and I'll see what I can do.
    Sean,

Are you going to be at the Portland, OR stop? And if so, do you know where it's going to be at?

And, YES, Pixies! I just hope there's even more with DLC. There's so many Pixies songs I'd love to play.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Hah sounds awesome sean, if you are coming to philly or NYC I'll make it a point to get there. I'm excited for the pixies in the game, hopefully we see some awesome DLC from them!
  • TerranovaTerranova Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Seems your having a blast Sean.. :) if you and HMX have plans to do a tour in the UK and go to Liverpool let me know.. i'll be there faster than speedy Gonzales with a bad case of Diarrhoea.
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Sean, just something I don't quite understand...How will the tour work? All I can gather is that you're touring around the country. Will you be with other bands touring, or will it be a Rock Band Exclusive event? Will we need to buy tickets, or can we just come up there? Thanks in advance for answering.
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    I am still highly dissapointed that Rock Band has come and gone through St. Louis already with basically no information given on how/when I could have found it. Not sure who to be upset with here...who's responsible for that lack of coordination? We'll have a nice little chat...
  • edited September 2007
    Akaymay;55090 said:
    Sean, just something I don't quite understand...How will the tour work? All I can gather is that you're touring around the country. Will you be with other bands touring, or will it be a Rock Band Exclusive event? Will we need to buy tickets, or can we just come up there? Thanks in advance for answering.
    Rock band exclusive to my knowledge. You won't need to buy tickers.
  • edited September 2007
    TheTogfather;55141 said:
    I am still highly dissapointed that Rock Band has come and gone through St. Louis already with basically no information given on how/when I could have found it. Not sure who to be upset with here...who's responsible for that lack of coordination? We'll have a nice little chat...
    The part in St. Louis wasn't actually part of the tour. I heard that was where they were training some of the staff to show off the game but it wasn't a tour date.

I think they are going to still be there this weekend though. At Washington U.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;55146 said:
    Are these going to be all day events? I feel like the lines to play are going to be unreal. Not that I'm not willing to wait on them, because I am.
  • edited September 2007
    I think so. i think they are at a location for the whole day.
  • TheWolf619TheWolf619 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    I hope that San Francisco date means you'll be at the Metreon too. :D
    I really want to try the game but I work in the city, nowhere near a college campus. :(
  • QuastorQuastor Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;55149 said:
    The part in St. Louis wasn't actually part of the tour. I heard that was where they were training some of the staff to show off the game but it wasn't a tour date.

Looks like I'll be cruising the campus tonight then.
  • tucsonovernitetucsonovernite Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;54839 said:
    It just makes people happy. It also gives me a lot of ideas of some fun places I'd like to send copies of the game... like the United Nations.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    My wife, no joke, is counting on this game to cut through the bad blood between her brother and brother-in-law, repairing a broken family dynamic....of course i'm stuck w/ the task of orchestrating this plan as i'm the one w/ the consoles and I am independentally getting them both hooked on GHII right now so that when Rockband comes out we're gonna have them both come over and --surprise (kinda like an intervention) we're all rocking out having a great time. 10 years of bitterness and animosity saved through the miracle of rock (and harmonix:) )

Now Sean I see you have even more grand plans.....who knows Isreal and Iran playing over Live rocking out to Truckin' maybe?....ahhh good times!
  • JimNasiumJimNasium Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Just out of curiosity (not that it matters because I live in Japan), can community members PM you to make sure they get a chance to play during the tour?
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;55149 said:

Hmmm, well, ok then. Thanks for the reply. And might still be in town...that's certainly surprising. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow, maybe that'll keep the lines down and I could go scope it out...thanks again for the info.
  • ocfanmanocfanman Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    hopefully this goes on close to my place, because I might get there ealry to beat the lines, I dont want to skip school for nothing,

I cant wait, I need more info because they come to Chicago at the end of the month (ish) and Im bringing the band
  • cezar515cezar515 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Just wondering are you going to make it up to Milwaukee Sean? I would love to meet you and maybe get a picture or autograph! :)
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    C0ME TO EFFiNG BALTIMORE! NOTHING HAPPENS IN MD DAMMIT!
  • edited September 2007
    ah man, let me know if you are stopping by the Chicago tour. I'm anxious to get the actual locations of the dates.. My school is about 15-20 min outside chicago.. you should set up there. it's the art institute of schaumburg.

and how exactly are these things going to work? are we only allowed to play once a day then the rest of the day watching? or can we play as many times as we get in line, etc? I'm going to go all three days if it's accessable for me, as I want to chat with and meet you guys.

Hopefully there are free shirts as well!
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;55146 said:
    Well as long as we don't need to buy TICKERS. I'll be there!!
  • edited September 2007
    JimNasium;55177 said:
    Just out of curiosity (not that it matters because I live in Japan), can community members PM you to make sure they get a chance to play during the tour?
    That is probably the best way, yes.