Name YOUR Radiohead dlc songs!

FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
edited January 2013 in Your Ultimate Setlist
After it became apparent that a few Radiohead fans were voting No for OK Computer as full album dlc on Coldplayer's thread, i figured it'd be a good idea to post a new thread and find out what Radiohead songs YOU want to see in the game. Name a song, or 6 or whatever (for the sake of the tally, i'm only gonna count the first 6 songs listed).

Song Tally:

89 - Paranoid Android

56 - Just

35 - Karma Police

33 - 2+2=5

31 - Bodysnatchers, Electioneering

27 - The Bends

26 - Airbag

24 - There There

22 - Let Down, Optimistic

21 - Jigsaw Falling Into Place

19 - Fake Plastic Trees, High & Dry, Street Spirit (Fade Out)

11 - Go To Sleep, Subterranean Homesick Alien

10 - Black Star, No Surprises, Planet Telex, Reckoner, Wierd Fishes/Arpeggi

9 - A Wolf At The Door

8 - I Might Be Wrong, 15 Step

6 - Anyone Can Play Guitar, Bones

5 - Exit Music (For A Film), The National Anthem, Talk Show Host

4 - Climbing Up The Walls, Idioteque, Knives Out, Lucky, Myxomatosis

3 - Maquiladora, Stop Whispering, Where I End And You Begin, You

2 - Bullet Proof... I Wish I Was, Go Slowly, House Of Cards, How to Disappear Completely, Lewis (Mistreated), Pop Is Dead, Pyramid Song, Sit Down Stand Up, The Tourist, The Trickster

1 - Bangers & Mash, Bishop's Robes, Dollars & Cents, Everything In It's Right Place, Fitter Happier, The Gloaming, I Am A Wicked Child, Killer Cars, Kinetic, Last Flowers To The Hospital, Morning Bell, Motion Picture Soundtrack, Nice Dream, Nude, Permanent Daylight, Polyethylene, A Punchup At A Wedding, Sulk, True Love Waits, You Never Clean Up After Yourself

Comments

• FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2008
    ^... I think he's got me covered.
  • anthony.kianvaranthony.kianvar Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    how about some current radiohead love...

In rainbows has some great stuff

reckoner

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8OS1U8LjjZw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8OS1U8LjjZw&hl=en"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

bodysnatchers

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cAIHRIO73e8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cAIHRIO73e8&hl=en"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

15 step

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8XN4EctlnTQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8XN4EctlnTQ&hl=en"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

and most of all... weird fishes/arpeggi

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FcANFVcJeOM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FcANFVcJeOM&hl=en"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  • jabaronyjabarony Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Karma Police
    Lewis (Mistreated)
    Stop Whispering
    Bones
    Let Down
    Maquiladora
    edited April 2008
    how about some current radiohead love...

In rainbows has some great stuff

i didn't include In Rainbows stuff because getting the rights to those songs might be difficult, since they no longer have EMI/Capitol representing them.

but i would DEFinitely include Jigsaw Falling Into Place!
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GoLJJRIWCLU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GoLJJRIWCLU&hl=en"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

...AND Bangers & Mash
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h8BqSK1qL-g&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h8BqSK1qL-g&hl=en"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  • Rock_Band_OverRock_Band_Over Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I have not seen "Fake Plastic Trees" ever mentioned in this forum... would it not work in Rock Band or is it just not that popular among Radiohead's total collection? I know it's old but I thought it was brilliant, right down to the video.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3-F5L1S7LKU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3-F5L1S7LKU&hl=en"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Just curious what Radiohead aficionados thought of this song, thanks!

***EDIT***

It's basically asking the same question as this thread and unfortunately the support will probably never be as high, but please also vote for Radiohead in this DLC poll if you haven't already:

DLC Poll including Radiohead
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    My slightly biased, but totally awesome Radiohead 6-pack:
    Paranoid Android
    Let Down
    The Bends
    Electioneering
    Optimistic
    There There

This thread was born out of the seeming dissaproval of OK Computer as a full album download, but I will say that anyone that sees this thread and thinks that OK Computer would be sweet (minus Fitter Happier, obviously), head over to Coldplayers Thread (The longest Raiohead thread on this forum) and vote for it!

@FatWilma - I plan to keep bumping this.
    *adds to suscribed threads*
  • Room_on_FireRoom_on_Fire Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    High and Dry, Paranoid Andriod, Fake Plastic Trees

I would pay ten dollars a song.
  • Room_on_FireRoom_on_Fire Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I'm pretty sure we have every Radiohead song that matters on this so far....

I love all there songs about Dystopian societies though. The ones where when things we consider illogical are happening and the main charactor doesn't think anything wrong...
    edited April 2008
    I have not seen "Fake Plastic Trees" ever mentioned in this forum... would it not work in Rock Band or is it just not that popular among Radiohead's total collection? I know it's old but I thought it was brilliant, right down to the video.

it definitely would work in RB, but might be a lil boring till the climax. i think its a great song, just not one of my top favorites.

@ jabarony - some excellent b-side choices there!

@ TakeABow - very similar list to mine, i like! also, i made sure to put a link to Coldplayer's thread in my 1st post (and again here). btw, don't forget to bump the Bloc Party thread! i was the last to post in it :)
    edited April 2008

I love Fake Plastic Trees. In my Top 10 Radiohead songs for sure.
    I also would put Bodysnatchers, Jigsaw Falling into Place, and Idioteque on that list (including the 6 from my earlier post.)

@ FatWilma, Great minds think (and appreciate music) alike!
    edited April 2008
    Idioteque is one of my ultimate favorites, but i can't see anyway that it would work in RB. however, if HMX could make it work by charting all the different sounds and noises, i would be 110% down.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited April 2008
    Thanks for putting a link to my thread.

I just hope that HMX don't read your first post and think that the majority of Radiohead fans vote NO for Ok Computer, because THAT IS NOT THE CASE!

Most fans want this album, just like I want it. Just because there are two or three people who say they like Radiohead but don't want this album, doesn't mean most of us think the same.

I can't even really tell you what 6 song pack I would like to have because all my songs would be songs from OK Computer. Maybe I can add 2+2=5 and Fake Plastic Trees.

But really, there is nothing more I want than the whole Ok Computer album!!
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer, i changed the wording on the first post to "even a few Radiohead fans." so we should be covered there.

u gotta give me a 6-pack tho man, c'mon! Paranoid Android, _______ , _______ , _______ , 2+2=5, and Fake Plastic Trees. give me 3 more!
    edited April 2008
    I probably would have to say Let Down, No Surprises and probably Climbing Up The Walls. See, there is no reason they can't just release the whole Ok Comp for me instead. :p
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer wrote: »
    I probably would have to say Let Down, No Surprises and probably Climbing Up The Walls. See, there is no reason they can't just release the whole Ok Comp for me instead. :p

hey, u don't need to convince me. for whatever reason, it seems alot of people have the impression that Radiohead has essentially become an electronica band. thats why i put up so many vids on the 1st page, becuase that couldn't be farther from the truth. i want to try and show non-fans and even some casual fans that they are still, and always have been, a rock band.
    edited April 2008
    You know, you can somehow still get the wrong impression from your first post. Even though you edited it, now it looks as if you mean, that nobody wants Ok Computer and even a few Radiohead fans don't want it.

:p
  • onemiconemic Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    How about In Rainbows album DLC?
  • jr174200jr174200 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Oh man, this was hard!

Here is my six-pack:

Paranoid Android
    2+2=5
    The Bends
    Electioneering
    Subterranean Homesick Alien
    Just

Fitter Happier just missed out ;)
    edited April 2008
    You know, you can somehow still get the wrong impression from your first post. Even though you edited it, now it looks as if you mean, that nobody wants Ok Computer and even a few Radiohead fans don't want it.

:p

Well, as a huge Radiohead fan who voiced trepidation about Ok Computer let me try one more time:

Would I be absolutely ecstatic if OK Computer came out and probably throw a party to celebrate? Yes.

Do I think it's more realistic to hope for a six-pack of songs that are all "ideal" for the game? Yes.
    edited April 2008
    jr174200 wrote: »
    Oh man, this was hard!

Here is my six-pack:

Paranoid Android
    2+2=5
    The Bends
    Electioneering
    Subterranean Homesick Alien
    Just

Fitter Happier just missed out ;)

Haha, save it for Pack 2!

great 6-pack tho! and again, i agree that a 6-pack is much more realistic to look forward to at THIS point...but once they start releasing albums, i can still definitely see OK Computer being near the top of the list of considerations.

and in a perfect, dlc filled world, imagine how great a Radiohead 6-pack could be AFTER they released OK Computer...

@ onemic - i'd be down for ANY In Rainbows dlc...i just don't see it happening without record label representation.

@ Coldplayer - i took "even" out, so i think that clears it up a lil bit more.
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma wrote: »

and in a perfect, dlc filled world, imagine how great a Radiohead 6-pack could be AFTER they released OK Computer...

Oh man, if that happens I'm taking you and Coldplayer out for a steak dinner!
  • jabaronyjabarony Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    You Never Wash Up After Yourself
    ;)
    edited April 2008
    jabarony wrote: »
    You Never Wash Up After Yourself
    ;)

idk about that one, its only 1:45 long and no bass or drums...but that whole My Iron Lung EP its from is a great lil collection of b-sides.

- check this out: http://news.q4music.com/2008/04/radiohead_to_release_best_of_i.html

Radiohead To Release 'Best Of' In June

Q4music.com can exclusively reveal that the first ever Radiohead greatest hits album will be released through Parlophone on 2 June.

Radiohead: The Best Of will be available as a double CD package and 4 x vinyl LP set. CD 1 will also be available as a stand alone CD. It will include material from all the band's albums for Parlophone, from Pablo Honey to Hail To The Thief, plus one B-side, Talk Show Host.

Radiohead have long been opposed to the idea of a greatest hits set. In February, guitarist Ed O'Brien told a Canadian TV station: “[Parlophone] are planning to do a greatest hits... to coincide with our tour. That’s an interesting one. We won’t be doing any promotion for that, obviously.”

The track-listing is as follows:

CD1

Just
    Paranoid Android
    Karma Police
    Creep
    No Surprises
    High and Dry
    My Iron Lung
    There There
    Lucky
    Fake Plastic Trees
    Idioteque
    2+2 = 5
    The Bends
    Pyramid Song
    Street Spirit (Fade Out)
    Everything In Its Right Place

CD2

Airbag
    I Might Be Wrong
    Go To Sleep
    Let Down
    Planet Telex
    Exit Music (For A Film)
    The National Anthem
    Knives Out
    Talk Show Host
    You
    Anyone Can Play Guitar
    How To Disappear Completely
    True Love Waits

thats a pretty good tracklisting. i may have made a few changes here or there, but all in all, a good compilation for new or casual fans.

this, along with the box set released a few months ago (to coincide with In Rainbows), just further proves that EMI is continuing to whore out Radiohead's back catalog to make money off Radiohead's continued success without them. even tho i'm sure Radiohead completely hates this, i would LOVE it if it meant easier access for HMX to get more songs in RB!

so HMX, how about this as full album dlc? Please...Thank you!
    edited April 2008
    so HMX, how about this as full album dlc? Please...Thank you!

I miss Lucky and Climbing Up the Walls.

Besides, this one has Exit Music too, the top reason why some people don't like Ok Computer.

....man.... I want Ok Computer... guess you already know this. :p
  • stoastydstoastyd Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Am I the only person who likes Black Star?

Aside from that I'd truthfully buy anything they put up for Radiohead, doesn't matter what song it is.
  • CrossBonesStyleCrossBonesStyle Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    im gonna throw my hat in the ring here and say id love to play Black Star
    edited April 2008
    I miss Lucky and Climbing Up the Walls.

Besides, this one has Exit Music too, the top reason why some people don't like Ok Computer.

....man.... I want Ok Computer... guess you already know this. :p

yeah, i'm (mostly) kidding, there is no way they would release all of that. and honestly, i'm still with u. i'd rather have OK Computer and a followup 6-pack. that would COMPLETELY quench the thirst.

i just wanted to put that out there becuase it really seems to me now, more than ever, is the time to easily get Radiohead song licences. but i'm also just wishful thinking...

@ stoastyd & CrossBonesStyle - Black Star is a great song! it'd be an excellent choice for RB too. its just that i have so many favorites, its not quite in my tops. but i'll mark y'all down for it.
    edited April 2008
    yeah, i'm (mostly) kidding, there is no way they would release all of that. and honestly, i'm still with u. i'd rather have OK Computer and a followup 6-pack. that would COMPLETELY quench the thirst.

i just wanted to put that out there becuase it really seems to me now, more than ever, is the time to easily get Radiohead song licences. but i'm also just wishful thinking...

@ stoastyd & CrossBonesStyle - Black Star is a great song! it'd be an excellent choice for RB too. its just that i have so many favorites, its not quite in my tops. but i'll mark y'all down for it.

The thirst is never quenched.