Name YOUR Radiohead dlc songs!

Comments

• FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    well, u got me. maybe not completely quenched. but if we got 10 or 11 from OK Computer and a followup 6-pack with There There, Go To Sleep, Optimistic, 2+2=5, The Bends, and Planet Telex...

wait, i can't even comprehend that. i think i just blew my own mind...
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma wrote: »
    well, u got me. maybe not completely quenched. but if we got 10 or 11 from OK Computer and a followup 6-pack with There There, Go To Sleep, Optimistic, 2+2=5, The Bends, and Planet Telex...

wait, i can't even comprehend that. i think i just blew my own mind...

Don't get me wrong, I would probably call my life in sick for a day and throw a party for either OK Computer or a 6-pack, but in the aftermath, I would still want more Radiohead. (Although I would be much less pushy about it since I could always go play Paranoid Android.
    edited April 2008
    of course any of us would eat up ANY Radiohead dlc, but from the early looks of it, a good majority would also eat it up.

btw, i updated the first post with a tally of all the songs that everyone has listed so far.

edit: and updated with Lankan's 3-pack. solid choices there!
  • LankanLatinoLankanLatino Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    paranoid android
    karma police
    just
    edited April 2008
    This thread has only been around for a few days, and is already in the "Find your Band" sticky. I guess because it is more general than the OK Computer thread.
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I'd personally love some Bodysnatchers. It'd be a little variety from what Radiohead has already made it into the game, I think.
  • QuinarvyQuinarvy Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    My 3 Pack

1) Paranoid Android
    2) Just
    3) Anyone Can Play Guitar

And In Rainbows for "Name your own price" of course ;)
  • PsychopriestPsychopriest Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Paranoid Android
    Bodysnatches
    2+2=5
    Reckoner
    Electioneering
  • anthony.kianvaranthony.kianvar Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    i didn't include In Rainbows stuff because getting the rights to those songs might be difficult, since they no longer have EMI/Capitol representing them.

but i would DEFinitely include Jigsaw Falling Into Place!
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GoLJJRIWCLU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GoLJJRIWCLU&hl=en"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

...AND Bangers & Mash
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h8BqSK1qL-g&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h8BqSK1qL-g&hl=en"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I am not an intellectual property lawyer by any stretch of the imagination, but I would think that not being w/ EMI anymore would make earlier DLC harder to get, not vice-versa.

Anyway, I'm sure that EMI doesn't have any standing w/ In Rainbows and TBD records (their current label) would be happy to oblige.

In other news, I can't believe I forgot Jigsaw... but I'm surprised that I had never heard bangers & mash. Is it a hidden track?
    edited April 2008
    I am not an intellectual property lawyer by any stretch of the imagination, but I would think that not being w/ EMI anymore would make earlier DLC harder to get, not vice-versa.

Anyway, I'm sure that EMI doesn't have any standing w/ In Rainbows and TBD records (their current label) would be happy to oblige.

In other news, I can't believe I forgot Jigsaw... but I'm surprised that I had never heard bangers & mash. Is it a hidden track?

it really does depend on if TBD is representing them for licensing matters, in which case it would still be up to the band when it comes to decisions on that stuff. since EMI has released 2 compilations without the band's consent, i'm thinking that since HMX already has licensing relations with them, it wouldn't be that hard to get some more at this point.

don't get me wrong, i'd absolutely love to see some In Rainbows songs for dlc. maybe they are easy to get, or harder, who knows?!?

Bangers & Mash is kindof a hidden track, but not really. its on the bonus disc that came with the "Discbox" special edition package. i didn't get the discbox and still found it pretty easily ;). if u like In Rainbows, do u'reself a favor and find the bonus disc ASAP! Down Is The New Up is right up there as 1 of my favorites from EITHER disc!

-i think u only posted 4 songs on the 1st page, so i'll mark u down on the song tally for Jigsaw as well, since u just mentioned it.

- - great lists so far, lets keep 'em coming!
  • RockstarLeoRockstarLeo Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I'll vote for Just, Airbag, Paranoid Android and 2+2=5.
  • 66666666666666666666 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    2+2=5 and Anyone Can Play Guitar
    ^^^^ See above. Those song's titles explain for themselves why I hate the band. They can't play guitar better than the average person and they're dumb as hell.

OK though, I'll try to be open minded this time... I seriously want someone to convince me why someone would like to play rh, no joke, please. Some bands I don't like but could see why some people might... but to me music is about having fun, rock is about fun, metal is about fun, and this game is UNARGUABLY about fun. Now... how the hell is singing like a depressed loser while playing tired, talentless, repetitive riffs and no solos fun? And the drums? Nothing special, I DON'T GET IT. Someone help me, I'm seriously not even trying to be a jerk, I WANT TO KNOW what's so great about playing slow and hitting the same notes... and sounding like you want to kill yourself.
    edited April 2008
    past 2 weeks dlc has been very dissapointing. i really hope they move forward with some new stuff after this. i've been dying for Hysteria and Zero ever since they came out on the hacked dlc files list...and some Bloc Party or more Radiohead dlc wouldn't hurt anyone either :)

*updated 1st post with RockstarLeo's list.
    edited April 2008
    I actually don't mind these weeks being what they are. I have a PS3, and I have been hoping for the OXM tracks (good or bad) just for console equality for a while. And I played, and loved Portal, and having the free "Still Alive" is a dissapointment that we didn't get Muse or Radiohead or Bloc Party, but I would rather have this than Panic! at the Disco or Story of the Year.

Trying to stay positive. Oh, and I can't get the songs anyway since the PS store is down.

But! But!

According to my friend who lives in Chicago, it was announced on the radio that Bloc Party will be at Lollapalooza along with a large list of others (most importantly Radiohead).

*And bump for Paranoid Android*
  • andybogardngandybogardng Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I Would Absolutely Love : 2+2=5, Just, High & Dry, Stop Whispering, I Might Be Wrong, Knives Out, Fake Plastic Trees And Of Course Paranoid Android. :cool:
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited April 2008
    Damn... I just can't wait any longer for more Radiohead.

They should just release whatever they have. If it is the full Ok Computer it would be the greatest thing ever. But if it's just a 6 pack I will survive too... I just want Radiohead as soon as possible...
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow, i'm glad u're happy about the HMX pack. its just that for most 360 owners, we've only got 1 new song in 2 weeks and since i am a dlc addict, like most users on this forum, i need to get my fix. not to mention that 1 song was pretty weak sauce.

Bloc Party live is awesome, not mind blowingly awesome like Radiohead is live, but a great show none-the-less. their songs sound much more raw and energetic live. they don't have that studio clean sound they do on the albums, which i liked. it just made me appreciate them more than i already did.

Coldplayer, thats what i'm sayin man, whatever they can get, whatever they got, i just need it ASAP! 1 song (Paranoid Android), 3 songs, 6 songs, whatever. i wants it! i nEEds it!

*updated with andybogardng's list. sorry, but since u listed 8 songs, for the sake of keeping the song tally somewhat legit, i took out I Might Be Wrong and Knives Out cause i'm thinking those will be 2 of the less requested songs from u're list. i completely love those songs btw, so don't get the wrong idea! let me know if you would like to change those 2...
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, seriously, I'm at a time now where I really need my Radiohead fix. Can't play My Iron Lung forever. It should be more than one song, but I really take everything they have now.

I'm listening a lot to In Rainbows lately and Bodysnatchers would really rock, but I doubt we'll get In Rainbows songs.

Argh, HMX, WHATEVER YOU HAVE JUST RELEASE IT NOW!!!!! :eek: :eek:
    edited April 2008
    i finally completed the endless setlist on expert this weekend. it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. it was a crappy weekend here, so my friend and i finally decided to just go for it. started it on fri night and finished it up sat.

*monday morning bump for Radiohead. i want to see some more song lists from everyone!
    edited April 2008
    Heh, don't know if any of my friends would ever like to play that long.

Anyway, In Rainbows took me a few listenings until I really started to love it. The only song I was immediately in love with was Videotape. And now i love almost every song.

... how long do we have to wait to get more Radiohead? :confused: :(
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer wrote: »
    Heh, don't know if any of my friends would ever like to play that long.

Anyway, In Rainbows took me a few listenings until I really started to love it. The only song I was immediately in love with was Videotape. And now i love it almost every song.

Anyway... how long do we have to wait to get more Radiohead? :confused: :(

thats why u gotta break it up in parts and just leave u're system running. we started it early fri night, got almost halfway thru, and then picked it back up sat afternoon. like i said, it went by much faster & easier than i was expecting. we even got thru Green Grass with a full bar of Overdrive leftover!

anyways, it just felt good to get it out of the way. its done, & we'll never have to do it again! i'm good with us getting 287/290 stars!

In Rainbows is absolutely brilliant! Please tell me u've found the bonus disc songs by now. there are 2 other songs (4 Minute Warning and Last Flowers to the Hospital) that could have taken the place of Videotape as the final track, but being that the album is called In Rainbows, and Videotape is about everyone's life being captured in red, blue, & green, that just seems more fitting.
    edited April 2008
    thats why u gotta break it up in parts and just leave u're system running. we started it early fri night, got almost halfway thru, and then picked it back up sat afternoon. like i said, it went by much faster & easier than i was expecting. we even got thru Green Grass with a full bar of Overdrive leftover!

anyways, it just felt good to get it out of the way. its done, & we'll never have to do it again! i'm good with us getting 287/290 stars!

In Rainbows is absolutely brilliant! Please tell me u've found the bonus disc songs by now. there are 2 other songs (4 Minute Warning and Last Flowers to the Hospital) that could have taken the place of Videotape as the final track, but being that the album is called In Rainbows, and Videotape is about everyone's life being captured in red, blue, & green, that just seems more fitting.

No, but only because there are so many other albums I'm listening to right now. I tell you, I will get that second In Rainbows CD sooner or later! For sure! ;)
    edited April 2008
    bumping for more votes and song lists...
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited April 2008
    i cud go for paranoid android or bodysnatchers
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited April 2008
    What about "Street Spirit"?
    edited April 2008
    I would love Street Spirit, a lil on the slow side, but i think it would be a blast to play!

*good picks, updated first post.
    edited April 2008
    To be honest, if you told me the name of any Radiohead track and said it was going to be DLC, I would be excited.

I mean, sure, I think Paranoid Android needs to be in the game, but in the end any Radiohead > not Radiohead. Except for Muse.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow wrote: »
    To be honest, if you told me the name of any Radiohead track and said it was going to be DLC, I would be excited.

I mean, sure, I think Paranoid Android needs to be in the game, but in the end any Radiohead > not Radiohead.

Signed.

Hopefully soon. :rolleyes:
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer wrote: »
    Signed.

Hopefully soon. :rolleyes:

Or we bring innocent puppies into it?
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow wrote: »
    Or we bring innocent puppies into it?