More fun website content

HMXMusomanHMXMusoman Harmonix Developer
edited June 2008 in Announcements
Just wanted to plug some of the new content we have on the site this week, featuring a couple of our talented inhouse writers. Heather Wilson had a good chat with Jonathan Coulton, who created the hotly-discussed "Still Alive". And our own Hellion (whose Vagiant song you'll have rocked to) introduces the first chapter of her guide to living the rock life. It's a pretty hilarious piece with a lot of inside info; she'll be back with more every month.

Coming up later in the week is my talk with Dresden Doll Brian Viglione, who was just in the studio with Trent Reznor. He just sent along a nifty photo of the homemade drum kit he played on NiN's "Ghost I-IV".

Rock on!

edit for the links!

Heather's Coulton Interview!
The Hellion's Guide to Rock PART OEN!!!11

Comments

• kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited April 2008
    man, that's cool. i love seeing new features like this.

and DAMN, that's a funny read from Hellion, had to share it with a bunch of folks and laugh about our roles in Rock Band. Part Two please!
  • airman_houseairman_house Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    yes i also enjoy new features like this...keep em comin
  • SnipingkidSnipingkid Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Haha, this is awesome. Can't wait for Still Alive to hit PS3.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited April 2008
    Chrissie (my super-talented bassist): "What chord are you playing right before the bridge?"
    Perk of being a guitarist - Band members are your band members.
  • feartheskybassfeartheskybass Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    The being in a band segment was great. Been in several, and everyone always fits those stereotypes. ALWAYS. Btw, glad I'm going to college for graphic design, because honestly, I DO have to do all the work for my bands. haha.
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited April 2008
    An awesome read from Hellion, she's hilarious. XD
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    haha, oh man. I have a friend who's been doing slap and just yesterday he said "I'd love to show you some slap that i've been doin." That last line in your blog Hellion just about killed me, lol. As soon as I catch him online I'm sending him to the blog, it is going to be awesome lol.
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    The Hellion blog was comedic gold. I think I may read it again today.
  • kev500kev500 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I also just wanted to pass on some kind words about The Hellion's article. Great writing...very funny stuff...looking forward to the next one.
  • FoxDemon_189FoxDemon_189 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    The Hellion article is pure genius!!! Part Two Please!!!
  • ZakuenZakuen Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Agreeing with the Hellion article being awesome. Looking forward to more good stuff from her. :) Also... Trent plays expert guitar on Rock Band? That owns on so many levels.
    edited April 2008
    HMXMusoman;470526 said:

Coming up later in the week is my talk with Dresden Doll Brian Viglione, who was just in the studio with Trent Reznor. He just sent along a nifty photo of the homemade drum kit he played on NiN's "Ghost I-IV".
    Well, this article went up.

Pretty good read. Even though I didn't really like any of the NIN songs, Trent himself seems like a pretty cool guy.
  • cruisenatlcruisenatl Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    HMXMusoman;470526 said:
    And our own Hellion (whose Vagiant song you'll have rocked to) introduces the first chapter of her guide to living the rock life. It's a pretty hilarious piece with a lot of inside info; she'll be back with more every month.
    Whoa - Did Hellion write, sing or play on the Vagiant song? Because I'll have to admit, that's one awesome track.

Rock on, Hellion. Rock on. :cool:
  • edited April 2008
    Awwh shucks, thanks y'all. Glad you liked it. I'll start compiling stories for next month.

Yeah I play guitar and sing and crap on the VAGIANT song. I mean "crap" like "blah blah" -- not like actual crap. I didn't crap on that song. I did, however, alternate shots of Jim Beam and Tabasco sauce while recording the track. Because I'm gross.

-H
  • edited April 2008
    HMXHellion;478124 said:
    Awwh shucks, thanks y'all. Glad you liked it. I'll start compiling stories for next month.

Yeah I play guitar and sing and crap on the VAGIANT song. I mean "crap" like "blah blah" -- not like actual crap. I didn't crap on that song. I did, however, alternate shots of Jim Beam and Tabasco sauce while recording the track. Because I'm gross.

-H
    Eeeeww, that is gross.
  • edited April 2008
    Not if you like Jim Beam and Tabasco sauce.
  • HyeJinx1984HyeJinx1984 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    The most important nugget of information for me will be how to find people to be in your band. I don't have any of these childhood friends that would be in a band with me, but I also don't now how to find people who are willing to become like a family and be creative together. Not that I blame them, if I just saw someone's ad saying "I need a drummer" or whatever, I wouldn't immediately be commited to that person.

I guess that's my biggest concern in my own search for creating a band... finding the people who want to be in one who have the same vision as I do.
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah, that can be a bitch. I'll definitely be touching on this subject in the next blog. Heh. Touching.
  • QueensoftheStoneAgeQueensoftheStoneAge Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    VAGIANT f**kin rules. FTK FTW.
    edited April 2008
    QueensoftheStoneAge;478691 said:
    VAGIANT f**kin rules. FTK FTW.
    FTK was probably the second-funnest HMX bonus song after Push Push (Lady Lightning) It was almost like a second Search & Destroy.

I hope HMX Pack 02 has one of VAGIANT's more shred-focused songs.
  • OKGostOKGost Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Dude, those articles were sweet. Almost as sweet as the 99% of the DLC that's been released :D I can't wait for more interviews and more Hellion Rock Guides!
  • army_of_mearmy_of_me Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Hellion's Guide: Best thing I've ever read. Ever.
  • Room_on_FireRoom_on_Fire Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Spelled One wrong at the end there.
  • JB4GDIJB4GDI Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    That was a sweet rock guide. Absolutely loved it.

-Jaime
  • ms91240sxms91240sx Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    Would just like to say that Harmonix is doing a great job, I love Rockband and I play it everyday if only for a few songs. I do have some suggestions if anyone is reading this....

1. How about the ability to make a playlist?
    I hate scrolling through all the songs (and I mean ALL the songs) just to find the songs I want to play.

2. Set up polls for people to vote on what the next packs will be.
    You get the people involved and you are able to find out what the people actually want. This will make them buy more songs because they got what they wanted. Sort of like Christmas, nobody wants the underwear they didn't ask for but they love that new PS3 they've been hounding Mom about. Just keep it to a multiple choice style (this or that) format for ease.

3. (This one is really key for me so excuse the caps) FIX THE SONG STUTTER AT THE LOADING SCREEN PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! It wasn't there before the update with the store in-game so it has to do with that I'm sure....

ANYWAY... rock on everyone and buy more DLC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BennyTrizzz09BennyTrizzz09 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    new features are awesome....
  • krammkrackerkrammkracker Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    I want more Vagiant DLC!
  • flamesfan_5flamesfan_5 Unsigned
    edited June 2008
  • ELDUDEARINO69ELDUDEARINO69 Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    flamesfan_5;721502 said:
    It definitely won't be a patch. It'll be in RB2. To compete that would hit the nail on the head. I've never played Phase because I don't have an Ipod, but I have nothing negative about it. So this will be interesting. GH4 will swing the first punch, but RB2 will have the last punch from here on it is basically what it is mounting up to me
  • Melkite445Melkite445 Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    ELDUDEARINO69;721833 said:
    It definitely won't be a patch. It'll be in RB2. To compete that would hit the nail on the head. I've never played Phase because I don't have an Ipod, but I have nothing negative about it. So this will be interesting. GH4 will swing the first punch, but RB2 will have the last punch from here on it is basically what it is mounting up to me

So, stop buying RB1 and related stuff now? Gotcha!

Most people's instruments are going to break out of warranty by then anyway.. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
This discussion has been closed.