Question About Region Free Xbox 360 Games

karlkazakarlkaza Opening Act
edited September 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
Ok, my cousin lives in Europe,Eastern Europe, Western Europe something like that and he's NOT UK.
But, if his dad buys the game BATTLEFIELD 2 MODERN COMBAT in the US and brings it back to Europe will it work on his 360?

Comments

• ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    I could be wrong here, but I'm under the impression that if it is a region free game it will work on any Xbox no matter what region it is in.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    ThePaska;55908 said:
    I could be wrong here, but I'm under the impression that if it is a region free game it will work on any Xbox no matter what region it is in.
    Right. It should work.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited September 2007
    It will work only if the game really is region free. Not every Xbox 360 game is region free.
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    I may be wrong here, because I dont know much about XBL or Importing too much. But if he does import, and it is region free, he might have some trouble with XBox Live. Because I'm pretty sure the Live parts of the game are Region Locked. I only say this because when I got my 13 Months of like, it said in big letters on the back "WILL WORK WITH US ACCOUNTS ONLY"

But, as I said, I could be wrong (Which I think I am. Anyone care to correct me?)
  • gh2masterwellalmostgh2masterwellalmost Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Tip to poster - use search button. I myself posted a thread on this, more specifically on Rock Band due to huge EU time difference from USA.

But, Region Free Games, be them XBL or not, will work on any account. But check that they're region free. The best website for something like that is www.play-asia.com (they do US and Japan and Chinese games for import around the world)
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited September 2007
    Akaymay;55928 said:
    I may be wrong here, because I dont know much about XBL or Importing too much. But if he does import, and it is region free, he might have some trouble with XBox Live. Because I'm pretty sure the Live parts of the game are Region Locked. I only say this because when I got my 13 Months of like, it said in big letters on the back "WILL WORK WITH US ACCOUNTS ONLY"

But, as I said, I could be wrong (Which I think I am. Anyone care to correct me?)
    I've never heard that. I'm pretty sure they'll work with XBL.