DLC content aside, would you like to see a content expansion pack?

instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
edited April 2008 in Rock Band
Let me explain... while I certainly hate the fact that ps2 (and most likely wii) owners, along with 360/ps3 owners with no internet have no means to get DLC, that has all been discussed before.

However, isn't it plausible that sometime along the road, rather then releasing a full fledged sequel, they simply release expansion packs? Expansion packs have been around for a long time, and have recently started to become available via the store, such as Shivering Isles.

What would we see in an expansion pack? Well, hopefully lots of stuff. Heres a list of ideas to make it a worthwhile expansion pack.

- More clothing, accessories, instruments, and even styles.
- More venues, along with a venue selector
- A much expanded BWT, along with maybe the ability to go online.
- A bass solo tour
- Maybe some extra songs.


And etc. I realize a lot of that could be done in a patch, but it might be difficult. If you have any ideas, post them.

Comments

  • JorynnRaceJorynnRace Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I want some TAMA drum stuff.

    And maybe some butt-less chaps.

    Wait.. are those in the game already?
  • J.w.d.J.w.d. Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    id defiantly want that. more clothes and stuff.
  • barbaraann72barbaraann72 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    How does that work?

    If it's a new disc, it would have to have the entire original RB content, plus the expansion correct?

    Or would this be a disc that is read and saved to our hard drives? In that case, it wouldn't work for PS2.

    Help me out if I'm missing something. I'm new to the next gen console thingy.
  • Kagey_KKagey_K Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I'm not sure about clothes and whatnot but the rumor Mole in OXM has already hinted many times that there will be Disc expansions to RB, What they will be and how they work remains a mystery.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2008
    barbaraann72;475138 said:
    How does that work?

    If it's a new disc, it would have to have the entire original RB content, plus the expansion correct?

    Or would this be a disc that is read and saved to our hard drives? In that case, it wouldn't work for PS2.

    Help me out if I'm missing something. I'm new to the next gen console thingy.
    Well, I assume it would work. Buying it online has been proven to work thinks to Shivering Isles (Elder Scrolls Oblivion), and while expansion packs are rare on consoles, halo 2 had one.
  • MasterTickMasterTick Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I'd rather have Who's Next and the unannounced Metallica album. :rolleyes:
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2008
    MasterTick;475147 said:
    I'd rather have Who's Next and the unannounced Metallica album. :rolleyes:
    ... Me too.
  • litaljohnlitaljohn Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    not trying to offend but I just dont see the TC ideas as being worthwhile to be made.

    for one to add new songs they would require a different sort os rights to obtain music via disc rather than a digital distribution of the current DLC available. As for bass mode.... I know some people want it, but in the end it seems like a toss up tha tmany would not miss it. heck most of the 360 leader boards only have roughly 12 thousand people who have done any bass songs in general. Even if this does somehow get into an update of sorts it would simply be using the same guitar format only having bass chords rather than guitar. It would seem like a very small patch not worthy of a full disc. The same could be said for the clothes and venues Idea. Yeah they are all things we would love to see , but in the end does enough trivial updates warrant creating a separate purchase for the consumer?

    (in regards to the BWT expansion thought with perhaps online, that sort of voids it out of the discussion. If your hope is to get BWT online, it would mean you were already online and hence could download it as opposed to buying a seperate disc. )
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2008
    litaljohn;475175 said:
    not trying to offend but I just dont see the TC ideas as being worthwhile to be made.

    for one to add new songs they would require a different sort os rights to obtain music via disc rather than a digital distribution of the current DLC available. As for bass mode.... I know some people want it, but in the end it seems like a toss up tha tmany would not miss it. heck most of the 360 leader boards only have roughly 12 thousand people who have done any bass songs in general. Even if this does somehow get into an update of sorts it would simply be using the same guitar format only having bass chords rather than guitar. It would seem like a very small patch not worthy of a full disc. The same could be said for the clothes and venues Idea. Yeah they are all things we would love to see , but in the end does enough trivial updates warrant creating a separate purchase for the consumer?

    (in regards to the BWT expansion thought with perhaps online, that sort of voids it out of the discussion. If your hope is to get BWT online, it would mean you were already online and hence could download it as opposed to buying a seperate disc. )
    Well, keep in mind that those ideas were very premature. I'm sure there are new features that could be added over time. Possibly not, but just throwing it out there.

    However, I do think the BWT could use expansion. And the disc I mentioned would be primarily for those with no internet.
  • Kagey_KKagey_K Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    [QUOTE=litaljohn;475175]Even if this does somehow get into an update of sorts it would simply be using the same guitar format only having bass chords rather than guitar.

    QUOTE]

    Just for the record bass rarely uses chords, mostly keys and timing.....




    ... and now back to your regularly posted thread. I'm Kent Brockman good night and good luck.
  • darkangeldarkangel Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I would like extras too. The ability to personalize your character more would be cool.
Sign In or Register to comment.