Alice Cooper

AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
edited October 2011 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I haven't really heard many people asking for Alice Cooper. so, what do you guys think about having him on rock band?

Pack Idea:
Billion Dollar Babies
I'm Eighteen
No More Mr. Nice Guy
School's Out
Is It My Body
Be My Lover

I don't know, these are just off the top of my head. i'll listen to the albums later. my dad is a big fan, and he got me into Cooper. It would be cool to have my dad play rock band with me!

On the list i tried to put in big hits so people can sing along or recognize the song.

One more:Generation Landslide.

Comments

• AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    bumping for Cooper.

edit: i added a poll. i hope the people that don't like him get the joke.
  • crivitcrivit Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Alice is easily one of my favorite artists, and I would love to see him in RB. The songs you mentioned are all great, but there are alot of excellent modern Alice songs too. Brutal Planet and Dragontown both have some slightly heavier songs than usual for Alice, and while a silly song Disgraceland would be hella fun to sing. For those who haven't heard it, it's Alice singing as Elvis, going to hell. Of course there was the huge hit Poison which most everyone has probably heard, although it's hard for me to think of 1989 as "modern". Poison would also help fill the hair metal gap though.
  • Drama 313Drama 313 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    hell yeah!!

the perfect pack in my opinion would be:

School's Out
    Poison
    Hey Stoopid
    House Of Fire
    Only My Heart Talkin(for the slow jam)
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited April 2008
    Poison and Feed My Frankenstein.
  • GNRrockslifeGNRrockslife Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Poison
    Long Way To Go
    Generation Landslide
  • AnarchyintheUKAnarchyintheUK Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Only Women Bleed
    Poison
    School's Out
    Hey Stoopid
    Billion Dollar Babies
    Elected

And you've got your 6 pack of Alice Cooper there
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited April 2008
    Just as long as it was Alice Cooper the band and not the solo guy who took the band's name. Sorry, the only good solo cooper was Nightmare...

Here is a list of my favorites:
    Easy Action
    Shoe Saleman
    Beautiful Flyaway
    Love it to Death
    Caught in a Dream
    I'm 18
    Long Way to Go
    Is it my Body
    Killer
    Under my Wheels
    Be my Lover
    Desperado
    Dead Babies
    School's Out
    School's Out
    Billion Dollar Babies
    Hello Hooray
    Raped and Freezing
    Elected
    No More Mr Nice Guy
    Muscle of Love
    Muscle of Love
    Teenage Lament '74
    Welcome of my Nightmare
    Black Widow
    Only Women Bleed
    Cold Ethyl
    Years Ago
  • NX013NX013 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Yes to any and all Cooper from the first album tto Welcome to my nightmare, and then some from the later albums
  • c0nd0rd4mytc0nd0rd4myt Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Poison
    Feed My Frakenstein,
    Between High School and Old School
    Schools Out (obviously)
    Welcome to my nightmare is favorite though
  • rockfresh126rockfresh126 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Feed My Frankenstein
    Schools Out
    I'm 18
    Billion Dollar Babies
    Hey Stoopid
    Anything for Lace and Whisky (that album is criminally unheard of)
    Welcome to My Nightmare would be cool, but might be hard to pull off
  • frostywolffrostywolf Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I'd love some Alice Cooper if we're talking Love it to Death to Muscle of Love. Billion Dollar Babies would make for a great album download except for the fact that "Sick Things" and "Mary Ann" wouldn't work out too well in Rock Band. I liked the OP's list a lot - especially since it had "Generation Landslide", which is the #1 song I want in Rock Band.

However, I really don't want any new Alice Cooper. I hate "Poison" with all of my being and I really don't like anything he's done after Muscle of Love except random stuff from Welcome to My Nightmare and "Feed My Frankenstein". But I'd really like the less cheesy Alice Cooper stuff.

I didn't vote on the poll since I'm absolutely for the band's stuff and against the solo stuff.
  • KEFIOXKEFIOX Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    frostywolf;524296 said:
    I hate "Poison" with all of my being
    How can you hate "Poison"? That is easily one of the greatest songs ever, and my personal favorite from Alice Cooper. If this song isn't in any Alice Cooper pack they release, I will cry.
  • rockfresh126rockfresh126 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Poison is one of Alice's worst songs. Why he decided to do hair metal is beyond me
  • c0nd0rd4mytc0nd0rd4myt Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    rockfresh126;524431 said:
    Poison is one of Alice's worst songs. Why he decided to do hair metal is beyond me
    because hair metal was popular at the time that he wrote it. DUH.
  • Darth SwiftyDarth Swifty Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    :D Hell Yes!!!!!! :D

Here was my list I posted a few days ago:
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43799
  • KilyleKilyle Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    I just got introduced to Alice Cooper, in part due to GH and RB. Two weeks of listening to him nonstop and singing Poison on UltraStar, and I'm beyond ready to play him on Rock Band. I want most of all to see Poison and House of Fire... most of the other songs I like wouldn't fit in Rock Band. Even Wake Me Gently is, sadly, a piano base, and we don't have Keyboard Hero quite yet.

Anyway... can't wait!
  • Drama 313Drama 313 Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    Bring on the Cooper!!!
  • edited May 2008
    Besides the hits, I really wouldn't mind seeing The Last Temptation as full album DLC. An almost criminally underrated album, that.
  • SamfoSamfo Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    Sayburr;515826 said:
    Just as long as it was Alice Cooper the band and not the solo guy who took the band's name. Sorry, the only good solo cooper was Nightmare...

Here is a list of my favorites:
    Easy Action
    Shoe Saleman
    Beautiful Flyaway
    Love it to Death
    Caught in a Dream
    I'm 18
    Long Way to Go
    Is it my Body
    Killer
    Under my Wheels
    Be my Lover
    Desperado
    Dead Babies
    School's Out
    School's Out
    Billion Dollar Babies
    Hello Hooray
    Raped and Freezing
    Elected
    No More Mr Nice Guy
    Muscle of Love
    Muscle of Love
    Teenage Lament '74
    Welcome of my Nightmare
    Black Widow
    Only Women Bleed
    Cold Ethyl
    Years Ago

FINALLY someone who agrees that ALICE the band was better than ALICE the soloist, THANK YOU!
  • Icarus80Icarus80 Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    Hell yes!!!
  • kylerownsx62kylerownsx62 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    AeroZeppelinSevenfold;480993 said:

Pack Idea:
    Billion Dollar Babies
    I'm Eighteen
    No More Mr. Nice Guy
    School's Out
    Is It My Body
    Be My Lover
    That + Poison (the song by Alice Cooper...not the band) would be a dream setlist
    edited June 2008
    Okay, after listening to Alice for a few more weeks, I have a better idea of the selection (although I'm by no means familiar with his entire repetoire). I definitely agree with people that School's Out and I'm Eighteen should be included; also Poison; these are really the songs he's known for.

Aside from that, I think these ones would be good (in rough order from preferred to merely suggested):

1. House of Fire
    2. You're My Temptation
    3. Cold Ethyl
    4. Guilty
    5. Wish You Were Here
    6. Department of Youth
    7. Didn't We Meet

And if we were allowed to get some oddities of his, I'd go with Ballad of Dwight Fry (odd vocals, but I bet it'd be fun to work them out) and Cleansed by Fire (probably the only "rap" type song I actually thoroughly enjoy singing to). But these are just odd whims, not even really suggestions.

ETA: Huh. Totally forgot to include The Black Widow. I'd put that... probably 3.5 on the list.

ETA2: Sorry - this one isn't actually on my computer, which is why I forget it: Brutal Planet. I don't know what it's like on the album, but the intro with the controller guy probably wouldn't work so well - but the song itself is sweeeeeet.
  • GNRrockslifeGNRrockslife Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    YES!
    Long Way To Go
    Poison
    It's Hot Tonight
    I'm Eighteen
    Luney Tune
    Under My Wheels
    edited June 2008
    In the hopes of attracting more fans, I hereby bump this thread.

Bump!
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited June 2008
    lol i'd take a few hits.

kinda reminds me of when we were choosing songs for our Senior Slideshow... we voted for Schools out, but it was shot down (meaning the principle said no) because it had the line "Schools been blown to pieces". thats the only reason why we couldnt have that song. pissed me off.

"School's out for Summer!"
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited June 2008
    Kilyle;748557 said:
    In the hopes of attracting more fans, I hereby bump this thread.

Bump!
    Also against the rules. Section 3, part 3.

Bumping Threads: “Bumping” is the act of artificially and repeatedly elevating a thread or topic of discussion to the first page of a forum. Relevant discussion, in theory, will maintain itself, and interest in a thread will allow discussion to carry on naturally. Bumping threads is considered “bad form.” Users found bumping threads will be issued a warning.

i've seen it alot recently. its been in there. just trying to prevent either banning or Thread Locking. :D
  • SyntheticDethSyntheticDeth Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    I'd love to see Alice Cooper in Rockband. It always confused me why NONE of his songs were in the game, though you can wear his makeup on your character? Odd, anyways, of course the Alice Cooper group is better than solo Alice Cooper. I'd like to see any of the following songs:

Hello Hooray!
    Billion Dollar Babies
    No More Mr. Nice Guy
    Generation Landslide
    Mr. and Misdemeanor
    Refrigerator Heaven
    Under My Wheels
    Lace and Whiskey
    I'm Eighteen
    Ballad of Dwight Fry
    Big Apple Dreamin' (Hippo)
    Hard Hearted Alice
    Working Up A Sweat
    Teenage Lament '74
    Department of Youth
    Escape
    Poison
    Might As Well Be On Mars
  • Johnny DynamiteJohnny Dynamite Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    It blows my mind that there isnt any Alice in the game already,this guy has been rockin for like 40 years.I'd love to be able to play songs like "Poison", "House Of Fire", "Bed Of Nails", and "Loves A Loaded Gun"
  • Shillelagh LawShillelagh Law Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    I'd love some Cooper. "Roses on White Lace" would be my favorite, but that isn't going to happen.
    edited June 2008
    BuRn7 CaK3, note that in the warning there, one of the criteria is "repeatedly." I have done this only once here. Given how that rule is phrased, I don't think I've broken it.

I'm curious... how many people could see themselves singing "Cold Ethyl"?