DLC Announcement Monday

SenRaqSenRaq Opening Act
edited April 2008 in Rock Band
I know we have been getting our DLC announced on Friday, but

wouldn't it be nice to have the DLC announced on Mondays again?

Do you miss announcements on Monday, or do you like the Friday announcement better? Why do you prefer that day over the other?

Comments

• RyanAbrams77RyanAbrams77 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    We haven't gotten much of a chance to miss Monday announcements....we get them half the time anyway.
  • barbaraann72barbaraann72 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    I did kinda like Monday announcements...

Monday's stink. It was a nice pick-me-up.

When Boston was announced, all my hubby heard from me all weekend long was, "Is it Tuesday yet?" He'd probably prefer Mondays too. ;)
  • HMXJohnlokHMXJohnlok Harmonix Developer
    edited April 2008
    RyanAbrams77;486844 said:
    We haven't gotten much of a chance to miss Monday announcements....we get them half the time anyway.
    Baaa--ziiinnng!
  • jcb231jcb231 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Getting them on Friday is earlier. Earlier is better.

If you don't want to see them until Monday, just wait until then to read the announcement. Everybody wins.
  • squiggerzsquiggerz Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    I vote Monday. I know it's a great addition to Fridays when the DLC is deemed 'great' by the masses, but a lot of the time it's not, which creates an extremely negative environment on the weekends on these forums and 99% of the posts become filler posts of people whining about everything. If it comes out Monday, the bitching doesn't seem to last as long (Still Alive, I'm looking at you).

PLUS: if it is a really, REALLY great DLC week, there are filler posts complaining about 360 users having to wait until Tuesday, then the PS3 guys complain about the 360 guys complaining because they have to wait until Thursday (or as of late- wait until October when the big 'store update' finishes?)

-- THEN the ps2 guys come in and complain that they get nothing. Then there's me, aimlessly complaining about the whole charade just to pass time since I can't seem to muster the attention span to wade through the countless filler posts to find something worthwhile to converse about and settle on posts like these in hopes of passing just a few more minutes until I get to go home and play :D

So.... I guess it all really works out. Love you guys, you make my day feel faster. <3
  • JetWolfJetWolf Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    jcb231;486876 said:
    If you don't want to see them until Monday, just wait until then to read the announcement. Everybody wins.
    Just what I was about to say. If you'd rather them be on Monday, then just come back and read the Announcement post on Mondays. I will never understand why people require universal enforcement on something that they can just easily and independently put into effect for themselves.
    edited April 2008
    JetWolf;486901 said:
    Just what I was about to say. If you'd rather them be on Monday, then just come back and read the Announcement post on Mondays. I will never understand why people require universal enforcement on something that they can just easily and independently put into effect for themselves.
    Very true, but a lot of us use the forum for other purposes than the DLC announcements, so in that effect, they would have to give up all of those other purposes in order to take advantage of that idea. Otherwise there's no way to really avoid seeing it.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I'm on PS3 so in reality I could care less - neither are that close to release day. I'd take Monday. It's a beginning of the week pick-me-up (or at least gives me something to mess around checking at work).
  • reddaddy32reddaddy32 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Am I the only one who has like 100 songs to play? Do I really need to get my FAVORITE 3 songs every week? Hell no. STFU and stop being ridiculous to people who are trying to do things for you. YOU WILL NOT LIKE EVERY DLC. It is nearly a true statement for every person out there. Its hilarious to watch this take place because it is so juvenile. My god give it a rest.
  • SenRaqSenRaq Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    reddaddy32;486956 said:
    Am I the only one who has like 100 songs to play? Do I really need to get my FAVORITE 3 songs every week? Hell no. STFU and stop being ridiculous to people who are trying to do things for you. YOU WILL NOT LIKE EVERY DLC. It is nearly a true statement for every person out there. Its hilarious to watch this take place because it is so juvenile. My god give it a rest.

Troll on the loose. Everyone watch out! :p
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    squiggerz;486893 said:
    (or as of late- wait until October when the big 'store update' finishes?)

Wait what?

The big store update is being finalized Next Thursday(17th of April), just in time for GT5:Prologue and the start of people DLing the Metal Gear Online Beta.
  • R4di4ti0nR4di4ti0n Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    monday is totally FTW. Just because then there is only like 24 hours for kids to whine about whats coming , and start 100 flame posts. Pluse, anyone else get all giddy during the weekend when a good week was coming up? hmmm? yeah, i hate it.
    edited April 2008
    dady5000;486964 said:
    Wait what?

The big store update is being finalized Next Thursday(17th of April), just in time for GT5:Prologue and the start of people DLing the Metal Gear Online Beta.
    Sorry about that, there was supposed to be a thin candy shell of sarcasm on that. I was taking issue (even though I'm not a ps3 owner) with the fact that they are putting their online services down for 2 weeks to do updates. Who does that?? Most people just develop and test on separate, yet identical venues.
  • bmore007bmore007 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Why would anyone want to get the announcement later? That just doesn't compute. If it can be given on Friday's, which it can, then announce it on Friday's. The earlier the better. I like downloading DLC on Thursday's then hearing the new one's for next week the day after.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    bmore007;487022 said:
    Why would anyone want to get the announcement later? That just doesn't compute.
    Well, an earlier announcement doesn't make the content come out sooner. It just means wading through more annoying love and hate threads for me on these forums. ;)
  • EvilMonkey236EvilMonkey236 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    well personally i think monday is better, because monday's suck, and its a great way to make them better. :D
  • gocryemokidgocryemokid Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    RyanAbrams77;486844 said:
    Which is a great reason to bring it back to Monday. There's a couple reasons I like Monday better...

1) It's always a little annoying to get prepared to recieve the announcement Friday only to find we have to wait two more days. That big of a deal ? No, but neither is pushing the day 2 days back. This would eliminate all the "WTF where is my DLC" and then the cliche comebacks of "YOUR dlc ? HMx owes you nothing." Somewhere along the line I'm sure some poster will also fail another, and this will go back and forth. No these stupid forum idiosyncrasies would not vanquish with making Monday the standard DLC day, but they would limit them more, and there would be less days to complain.

2) Friday's already kick ass. We don't need anything else. Mondays on the other hand suck. Who the hell likes Monday ? At least the DLC announcement, which would never have to be postponed (at least not for more than a couple hours) gave us something to look forward to every week.

3) I don't even like knowing the band days in advance. If its a band I dislike I'm annoyed I have to wait so long to not download it and wait for the next announcement, and if I do like it then I have to wait too long to buy the songs! I like it better finding out, and then waking up to buy the DLC. What do we need 3 days to type in a song on youtube ? Also with the new preview feature, many people I suspect do that less anyway.

So hell yeah I'd support Monday being the standard DLC day.
  • slayer15slayer15 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    i like monday announcements because then i can listen to the charts on tuesday, and download on thursday. there aren't to many days when i can't do anything. if announced on friday, i have to wait until tuesday to see the charts.
  • HardRocker12HardRocker12 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    it depends on what day it is. If it is Friday, i want an announcement on Friday. If it's Monday, i want the announcement on Monday.
  • VandyanVandyan Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Ive actually seen a lot of good reasons for them to release it on Monday.

I like the Friday announcements because it gives me more chances to flash my In B4 the Thread Locks guitar :D

Otherwise, Monday, Friday, Tuesday morning, whatever, as long as it comes out, I dont care that much.

I do actually understand the Friday announcements. People get their paychecks on Friday (most anyhow), if they see the announcement on Friday while paycheck is in hand, and know they want to get the DLC, they can buy points (via card or marketplace) before they spend all their hard earned money on booze and women (and then waste the rest) before the end of the weekend.