New interview with Bang Camaro, Count Zero, Freezepop

HMXMusomanHMXMusoman Harmonix Developer
edited May 2008 in Announcements
Yep, we corraled members of these three bands together for a lively talk that you can read here: http://www.rockband.com/blog/entry/282423

All three bands of course have DLC available this week. While all three bands have a Harmonix connection, they're also local faves who regularly pack the Boston clubs. And as you'll see from the interview, they're pretty witty folks as well.

Comments

• ftmsanchezftmsanchez Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    gripshod;492564 said:
    My weekly anticipation of new DLC has now been shattered. Unfortunately, I just downloaded this week's music only to find that I already had these songs from the free XBOX Magazine disc. A little note in the description to this effect would have saved me 240 MS Points but I should have looked closer instead going on blind faith. It is getting harder and harder to tell which songs are 'new' with all the DLC content (which good for you). I guess we are going to get anything new and exciting until Sony fixes their store it seems?
    Is it really too hard to remember which songs you have?
  • comedyhourcomedyhour Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    ftmsanchez;493003 said:
    lol.................
  • thetroutthetrout Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Woo! Bring on the HMX love! I'm all for more in-house DLC, though I can see how it'd piss off others. Seriously, though - I wanna sing "Push Push Lady Lightning."
  • AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    the interview said that super megastar content is on the way. take that complaining people! now, lets start speculating.:D
  • frostywolffrostywolf Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    NX013;492208 said:
    Im wondering if from now on HMX will do interveiws or give us an article about the band whose DLC is going to be released. We've had one for boston, still alive, and the HMX songs
    They've been doing these for a while. They've been doing artist article stuff for each DLC release since the "Calling Dr. Love", "We Care A Lot", "Roam" releases. Good stuff.
  • gripshodgripshod Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    ftmsanchez;493003 said:
    Just because your a genius and don't make mistakes doesn't require you to be rude.
  • supersonic1414supersonic1414 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    bring on Push Push Lady Lightning, Harmonix....We need that DLC
  • BrainDamagedBrainDamaged Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    kiggidykev;492180 said:
    cool, now i finally know what "Sprode" means. i dig these interviews, please keep em coming!
    LOL, YES! I thought it was something dirty. It just had that kind of ring to it. Something that would involve CARTMAN's Mom or something. Speaking of something dirty, I'd like some more VAGIANT too please ;)

Freezepop REALLY helps a Rock Band guitar player practice those Hammer-Ons and Pull-Offs too btw!

Practice w/ FREEZEPOP makes perfect!
  • Saltine KingSaltine King Banned
    edited April 2008
    I love the song "Sprode", but I'm just not sure how I feel about being referred to as being "super Crunchy"?!?!
  • CyberdyneCyberdyne Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    at the bottom of the article... it says.

“I Want My, I Want My DLC!”

does anyone else get 'Dire Straits' in their head while reading that?

hummmmm......
  • MarglarMarglar Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    my group really only has fun performing songs everyones familiar with. no one gets excited to start playing some unknown uncatchy songs... even after a few drinks.

whats the point of the set list forums if they never even get considered.. just close it down.
  • carp24000carp24000 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Marglar;495519 said:
    my group really only has fun performing songs everyones familiar with. no one gets excited to start playing some unknown uncatchy songs... even after a few drinks.

whats the point of the set list forums if they never even get considered.. just close it down.

Glad someone said it...I rather pick some random kid off the street and interview him.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited April 2008
    frostywolf;493534 said:
    They've been doing these for a while. They've been doing artist article stuff for each DLC release since the "Calling Dr. Love", "We Care A Lot", "Roam" releases. Good stuff.
    They've actually been doing it since Day 1, it's just that there's no way to see the older entries that I know of.
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited April 2008
    Push Push would be the greatest, better than Pleasure Pleasure in my opinon
  • johnmusic88johnmusic88 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    I agree, that
    Push Push is IMO the better one
  • CaptainFeralCaptainFeral Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Please no more Bang Camaro, please. Freezepop I can handle, but no more Bang Camaro. It's like hearing little kids trying to imitate hair metal they've heard on the radio. I've heard less cheesy lyrics from songs at the end of a cliche 1980's movie that raps about exactly what happend in the movie (with the exception of the rap at the end of Monster Squad, nothing is -that- cheesy.)
  • dada limbodada limbo Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    CaptainFeral;499800 said:
    I've heard less cheesy lyrics from songs at the end of a cliche 1980's movie that raps about exactly what happend in the movie (with the exception of the rap at the end of Monster Squad, nothing is -that- cheesy.)
    You realise that you just doomed us all, yes?

Rock Band 2 will now carry Hammer's "Addams Family Rap".

Or a Bang Camaro cover of it.
  • DaxterDudeDaxterDude Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Bang Camaro and Freezepop Rule!!! and Count Zero is just as good.
  • Lithium_666Lithium_666 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Dont know what she looks like, but i want to marry the singer of Freezepop bc of the line, "take your undies off and throw them on the stage"!!!!!!!
  • ProggedProgged Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Bring on MORE Bang Camaro and Freezepop!
  • poopbulletpoopbullet Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    yes! Push Push we need it!!!!
  • HMXMusomanHMXMusoman Harmonix Developer
    edited April 2008
    CaptainFeral;499800 said:
    Please no more Bang Camaro, please. Freezepop I can handle, but no more Bang Camaro. It's like hearing little kids trying to imitate hair metal they've heard on the radio. )
    You say that like it's a BAD thing...
  • CM_DrunkCM_Drunk Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Dont listen to Feral. Ever.

More Camaro plz. BC is the best thing since Downey Wrinkle Releaser (Its an Iron in a spray bottle, I dont have to iron shirts anymore. Just hang it, spray it, flatten the wrinkles out, and it even makes it smell good for the ladies!)
  • ppetrovippetrovi Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Yes. Listening to Feral is bad for your health.

I went as far as going online and buying Bang Camaro's album after these games. It is one of my favorites now. The whole cheesy crowd singing thing is awesome in my eyes. It shows people how to have fun with music. Some artists take themselves too seriously.
  • MeTaLuPUrAsSMeTaLuPUrAsS Unsigned
    edited April 2008
  • Gatorguy91Gatorguy91 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    MeTaLuPUrAsS;578195 said:
    These BANDS BLOW!
    So wait, They Blow... What do they blow? Blow Out Birthday candles? Blow on a golf ball to get it in the hole? Be more specific. Oh, and less stubborn.
  • DarkHeartsDieDarkHeartsDie Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    BrainDamaged;494217 said:
    LOL, YES! I thought it was something dirty. It just had that kind of ring to it. Something that would involve CARTMAN's Mom or something. Speaking of something dirty, I'd like some more VAGIANT too please ;)

Freezepop REALLY helps a Rock Band guitar player practice those Hammer-Ons and Pull-Offs too btw!

Practice w/ FREEZEPOP makes perfect!

heck yea man, it was thanks to freezepop on guitar hero 2 that i learned to play on hard/expert, because of those hammer ons and pull offs, i learned to slide through them with 1 finger which is mostly how i play now, sliding through the buttons with 1 - 2 fingers, i only use my index and ring fingers to play joker and the thief on the hammer on pull off part at the beginning, so really because of freezepop, i don't think i'd ever be able to play hard/expert, especially expert, so thank you freezepop

and i agree we need more bang camero, i've had enough of freezepop, just give us more bang camero lol, there songs may seem like they're trying to imitate 80's metal like that one dude said but really all there songs for some reason are REALLY catchy and REALLY fun to play so it doesn't matter how bad the song(s) suck they suck so bad they're good and fun to play lol
  • BGMBGM Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    "(And one last word for those who may be griping that we haven’t had any international superstar DLC in the past two weeks: Fear not, lots more of that is coming)."

Sweet.
  • Nenni Nenni Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    Marglar;495519 said:

What he said. :(
  • greg639hutchgreg639hutch Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    MeTaLuPUrAsS;578195 said:
    These BANDS BLOW!
    Gatorguy91;578697 said:
    So wait, They Blow... What do they blow? Blow Out Birthday candles? Blow on a golf ball to get it in the hole? Be more specific. Oh, and less stubborn.
    Pretty lame come-back... FAIL!

and these bands don't blow, at all, especially Bang Camaro.