November 20th Better

JoiggaJoigga Banned
edited September 2007 in Rock Band
I Dunno why all these people bitch and moan bout ahhh crap its coming out the 20th i want it to be he 6th and so on ... i say its better the 20th cause then at least well have a couple of weeks to beat and play guitar hero and all those other games ya know what im sayinn

Comments

• AVC808AVC808 Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    it's always better to have more options.
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Nov 20 , 6 , 19 I dont care i just wanted before 08
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    Nov. 20th is going to be a big day for gamers everywhere.

Rock Band (supposedly) (360/PS3)
    Mass Effect (360)
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)

------------------------------------------------------------------

PSN - jq71586 - looking for PS3 friends.
  • bumbousdude25bumbousdude25 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    jq71586;58837 said:
    Nov. 20th is going to be a big game for gamers everywhere.

Rock Band (supposedly) (360/PS3)
    Mass Effect (360)
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)
    Yeah, that's what I've been thinking about. I'm trying to decide how I'm going to play two totally awesome games in one day (I have a 360, so no Uncharted).
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    bumbousdude25;58856 said:
    Yeah, that's what I've been thinking about. I'm trying to decide how I'm going to play two totally awesome games in one day (I have a 360, so no Uncharted).
    And I have a PS3 so no Mass Effect :( . And the only friend I hang out with that has a 360 won't buy it because he doesn't like science-like games. He stood away from Bioshock and said it wasn't that good for that reason. Instead, he buys stupid sports games like "The Bigs" and Nascar, and he doesn't even like racing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSN - jq71586 - looking for PS3 friends.
  • GrenadeJumperGrenadeJumper Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    I would rather have it come out November 6th... Only because thats the day after my birthday.
  • logicalnoiselogicalnoise Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Joigga;58820 said:
    I Dunno why all these people bitch and moan bout ahhh crap its coming out the 20th i want it to be he 6th and so on ... i say its better the 20th cause then at least well have a couple of weeks to beat and play guitar hero and all those other games ya know what im sayinn
    what do you mean a couple weeks?
  • TheWolf619TheWolf619 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Rock Band on the 20th.
    Mass Effect and Uncharted after Christmas. :D
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Well, even though the 20th is only five days before my birthday, making Rock Band the greatest gift I've ever recieved (aww, thanks HMX, you shouldn't have) I still would rather have it on Nov. 6 for the extra practice time before my big b-day party (turning 30). Not gonna have a lot of time to perfect my vocals on my opening set list as it is...
  • edited September 2007
    TheTogfather;58888 said:
    Well, even though the 20th is only five days before my birthday, making Rock Band the greatest gift I've ever recieved (aww, thanks HMX, you shouldn't have) I still would rather have it on Nov. 6 for the extra practice time before my big b-day party (turning 30). Not gonna have a lot of time to perfect my vocals on my opening set list as it is...

7 days before mine...
  • RedeboRedebo Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    TheTogfather;58888 said:
    Dude. Sing NOW! You don't have to wait for RB to release to practice your vocals. D/L the songs and start belting them out. Of course you won't be scoring any points or unlocking tour modes, but at least you'll sound sweet on your 30th.
  • stiper327bstiper327b Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Guys, don't forget that Super Mario Galaxy is releasing just a week earlier, on the 12th of November. The Wii has an install base as large as the 360 and much larger than the PS3. And when a property like Mario shows up in a game that most are saying is the true sequel to one of teh greatest games of all time in Mario 64, you've got a monster on your hands.

The only good part is that the Halo 3 hype will have likely died down to manageable levels, but HMX/EA are still going to have to deal with AAA releases from Microsoft AND Nintendo.
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Redebo;58896 said:
    Dude. Sing NOW! You don't have to wait for RB to release to practice your vocals. D/L the songs and start belting them out. Of course you won't be scoring any points or unlocking tour modes, but at least you'll sound sweet on your 30th.
    Yes, actually I have done this. All songs are downloaded, and I've gone out to get lyrics for them all (as I tend to make up words instead of actually listen to what they are). Singing is happening...I just want to get comfortable with singing in-game, and see how close I am to being on-pitch.
    edited September 2007
    stiper327b;58899 said:
    Guys, don't forget that Super Mario Galaxy is releasing just a week earlier, on the 12th of November. The Wii has an install base as large as the 360 and much larger than the PS3. And when a property like Mario shows up in a game that most are saying is the true sequel to one of teh greatest games of all time in Mario 64, you've got a monster on your hands.

The only good part is that the Halo 3 hype will have likely died down to manageable levels, but HMX/EA are still going to have to deal with AAA releases from Microsoft AND Nintendo.
    Well what about Unreal Tournament 3 , Haze , Drake's Fortune and Ratchet and Clank aren't those AAA games ?
  • Bakkster_ManBakkster_Man Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    GrenadeJumper;58862 said:
    I would rather have it come out November 6th... Only because thats the day after my birthday.
    TheTogfather;58888 said:
    miketoast;58892 said:
    7 days before mine...
    The 20th IS my birthday, FTW. :cool:

Even better since I don't plan to go out of town for thanksgiving.
  • stiper327bstiper327b Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    TheRocker;58902 said:
    Well what about Unreal Tournament 3 , Haze , Drake's Fortune and Ratchet and Clank aren't those AAA games ?
    Unreal Tournament 3, sure.

Haze, not enough information to say. Free Radical is just that, radical, but this is a new IP, and it's coming out in a market already saturated with military themed FPS-es. Could be good, could get lost in the shuffle.

Drake's Fortune, I'm just not convinced. Of what I've seen and read, it just isn't doing it for me. Not to mention that it hasn't really gotten all that much attention outside of the gaming scene. Same could be said for Haze, btw.

Ratchet and Clank is a viable AAA title, and will do much better than the others due to the PS3 just not having much to offer in that genre. Not to mention that it's looking to be a great entry in an already great series.

AAA to me goes beyond just the quality. It's a title that is well known by the general public (i.e. not just by people on internet message boards), brings something new and interesting to the table, and is just a quality title all around. Haze and Drake's Fortune don't really fit that criteria, not in my book. Yours might be different.

But Halo 3, Rock Band, Mario Galaxy, these are all games that are going to bring something new to the table, are all obviously high quality games, and most importantly, the general public is aware of them. Rock Band's ascension into the minds of the general public has been most stunning, as it's basically happened in a matter of six months or so. But it's also going to have a tougher time, just as any game will when they're going up against two consoles' most recognizable mascots in hotly anticipated games.

Of course, on my part, if it comes down to Rock Band or any other game, I'm going RB all the way, regardless of cost. And I'm going to be doing my best to convince all that ask me of the same thing.
  • KeithSkinsKeithSkins Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    All I know is, between Rock Band, Assassin's Creed, and buying a new HDTV, November should be a pretty good (and unproductive) month for Keith. :cool:
  • LZ_RebornLZ_Reborn Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Guys!! don't forget CoD 4!!! (Nov- 5) if this game delivers, good luck finding time to play all these great games!!....:D
  • edited September 2007
    yeah, ill want some time for Galaxy and CoD4
  • _GABO__GABO_ Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    miketoast;58892 said:
    7 days before mine...
    A month and seven days before mine. o_0.
  • espherespher Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    My first approved vacation day since April is Nov 20th, so as much fun as I'd have it if came out on the 6th, the 20th would work better because I wouldn't have to use sick time I don't have. :p
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    I disagree completely, the sooner this game comes out the better, I really don't even think I'm buying Guitar Hero III, especially if it's controller doesn't work for Rock Band.
    edited September 2007
    All i need is RockBand.Downloadable albums/singles yeah :) , plus Singing playing the drums Awesome , Online bands Totally :D Can't wait for Nov
  • edited September 2007
    This could likely be the biggest years of gaming in recent memory, it has a chance to beat 1998 (Zelda OoT, MGS, Half Life) or maybe even 2004 (Halo 2, Half Life 2, MGS3, GTA:SA, KOTOR 2, R&C:UYA, Ninja Gaiden, Metroid Prime 2, Burnout 3 and a hell of a lot more)
  • Young_NastymanYoung_Nastyman Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Tendoza;58987 said:
    This could likely be the biggest years of gaming in recent memory, it has a chance to beat 1998 (Zelda OoT, MGS, Half Life) or maybe even 2004 (Halo 2, Half Life 2, MGS3, GTA:SA, KOTOR 2, R&C:UYA, Ninja Gaiden, Metroid Prime 2, Burnout 3 and a hell of a lot more)
    Half Life is at the center of great gaming years, I would also say MGS but 4 comes out in 08 ruling it out :p
  • Hastyl3Hastyl3 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Well.. I'm happy cause... the game releases on my b-day!! w00t!
  • edited September 2007
    Young_Nastyman;58997 said:
    Half Life is at the center of great gaming years, I would also say MGS but 4 comes out in 08 ruling it out :p
    Agreed, Half Life is and forever will be (IMO) the best FPS of all time.

MGS 4 looks great, the bosses are a little strange but hey, it's MGS! The bosses have always been insanly strange........things?
  • sumboxcar182sumboxcar182 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    i'd much rather have it on the 6th that on the 20th. i'd much rather have the dilemma of which game to play rather than beating guitar hero and waiting again for rock band. Although i agree that there are way too many games coming out this fall.
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    I wish it would be the 6th because I'm in Mexico on the 20th...up until Thanksgiving day at 8pm. So even on my way home 2 days later it would be a miracle to be able to get it...which would leave the dreaded Black Friday to go shopping for it...thankfully I have been spending tons of time in the GameCrazy by my home and i know about 3/4 of the staff in there from school a few years ago so i shouldn't have a big problem getting a copy saved for me...

CoD 4 - the MP is amazing...if you can get into the BETA it's awesome...easy to pick-up and play and all that...great so far, i just wish they'd raise the ranking...
  • skeltonathskeltonath Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Tendoza;59019 said:
    Agreed, Half Life is and forever will be (IMO) the best FPS of all time.

MGS 4 looks great, the bosses are a little strange but hey, it's MGS! The bosses have always been insanly strange........things?
    I wish MGS 4 wasn't PS3 exclusive; I love the MGS series!
    I still need to finish MGS 3 on EE.