Blog Rock Wednesday 09/12/07 PRODIGAL MOD RETURNS!

edited September 2007 in Announcements
BLOG ROCK today and today only - that one is for SA Nick.

Hey all, long time no see! I just got back into the office this morning after being away for over a week- and I may have a few stories around. Like being in one of the suites at the VMAs, seeing Kanye West in person, having Dave Grohl walk right past me, playing the game with Gym Class Heroes and Cobra Starship, singing on the tour bus in the mid-day sun in the desert while sweating like a hog and never feeling more rock, to being interviewed by Sister 2 Sister magazine (easily the funnest interview I had out there.)

Well I'm back... for a short while at least, before I head out for a few stops here and there and see if I can't meet a few of you out on the road. I'm really pretty tired (a week straight of 18 or so hour days with jet lag will do that) so I will probably go home and play a video game and pass out on the couch as soon as I am done with this.

NEWS!

Apples has joined up as a moderator. I've always enjoyed his sober objectivity and occasional hilarious blog and I think he will do a bang-up job keeping this place readable especially when I am in some hotel that doesn't have wireless and am missing these forums so. Please welcome him to the team!

Umm, what else? What sort of a dog should I get? I want to get one real bad.

BLOGS

Canfield thinks you should buy this mohawk. I agree.

DanT has gone insane.

Also Moss...

PS- I actually did miss you all.

Comments

• ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;59652 said:

A Husky! I have one. They are the coolest dogs out there. They need a lot of time to run around in the park and so though.

PS- I actually did miss you all.
    Oooohhhh... :p

P.S.: I want a blog dedicated to me too. :D
  • edited September 2007
    hmxsean;59652 said:

PS- I actually did miss you all...
    We missed you too Sean! Or at least... I did:p

We really feel your presence around these forums, so when you leave for a few days, it hurts! I guess thats a testement on how great this site has been going so far:D

Anyways good news about Apples. Great guy, knows his stuff.:)

Of course, Im always open for a mod position if your intrested...:D
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    German shepard, definitely.

Did you see the topics left over from the raid the WoW forum did?
  • LZ_RebornLZ_Reborn Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Good to have you back Sean!! even if for a short while. :)

Oh, and how about a Chihuahua?? they are not big, but they are mean suckers!! :D
  • chaopolischaopolis Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;59652 said:
    ...playing the game with Gym Class Heroes and Cobra Starship...
    Yes!!! I can't wait to ROCK OUT to the SNAKES ON A PLANE theme!
  • RiboflavinRiboflavin Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    no tattoo? weak sauce
  • IErrantVentureIIErrantVentureI Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Yay, Apples! Congrats!

And good to see you for a bit, Sean.

Any Pricing or Release Date info you'd be willing to divulge?
  • MaherjMaherj Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Good work Apples!

Come back soon Sean
    sushi111;59671 said:

Of course, Im always open for a mod position if your intrested...:D
    I agree. Mod this guy, he's doing a fantastic job as well, check out his contributions on Scorehero.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Nice pick for mod sean, I totaly agree with that choice. Congrats Apples!

I would've fainted at the sight of dave grohl.....sounds like you guys are tearing it up.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Wow. I was just thinking this morning in the shower "Dammit Apples should be the new mod." I swear on my life those were my exact thoughts.

Apples FTW!
  • edited September 2007
    Eman311;59748 said:
    Nice pick for mod sean, I totaly agree with that choice. Congrats Apples!

I would've fainted at the sight of dave grohl.....sounds like you guys are tearing it up.
    If Dave Grohl passed by me, I totally go Wayne and Garth on his ass:D
    edited September 2007
    PlasticAss;59739 said:
    Good work Apples!

Come back soon Sean

I agree. Mod this guy, he's doing a fantastic job as well, check out his contributions on Scorehero.
    Who isn't open to a mod spot lol?

Apples should be enough for now.
  • DesensitizedDesensitized Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Black Lab!

Glad to see you again, Sean!
  • edited September 2007
    Heyo.

I appreciate the shout out.

I feel a bit like spider man "with great powers come great responsibility!" and all that jazz!

I don't intend to make a big deal out of any moderation, just simply shore up the occasional flame thread or WoW invasion.

Also, I am not on the Harmonix staff, and am not privy to any trade secrets. So if I go on a rant and say "OMGZ ZEPPLIN AND STEVIE RAY ARE IN ROCK BAND!", it is is no way any sort of official statement, just wishful thinking like any other fan :)
    edited September 2007
    I expect swift action on another WoW type invasion........

AND DID YOU SAY ZEPPELIN! ALERT THE MASSES!
  • edited September 2007
    Almost forgot, I recommend a basset hound or beagle for dog choice. They are big enough to play with, small enough that they don't eat/poop too much, and a good temprament.

Plus, they are sort of a manly dog and are relatively low maintenance as dogs go.

Whatever dog you get, TRAIN IT WELL. When I lived with my parents, I trained their puppy to attack food on the kitchen table, rummage in the garbage can, and sleep on the furniture. I then moved out for college and work. TWELVE YEARS LATER it still does all of the tricks I taught it, and is an unmanagable nightmare. (albeit very funny to watch and lovable as anything)
  • edited September 2007
    What was this WOW raid thing?

Smidget mentioned something and I was confused. Someone type up the story in a blog or something and then let me know.
  • edited September 2007
    hmxsean;59853 said:

Smidget mentioned something and I was confused. Someone type up the story in a blog or something and then let me know.
    As far as I know a bunch of Wow dudes thought it would be funny to raid the OT forums, so if you go look now there will be 102231232 threads about WoW and Chinese Babies:confused:

EDIT: This guy:

http://community.rockband.com/vbforum/search.php?searchid=30210
    edited September 2007
    Go to pages two and three in the General Forum.
  • edited September 2007
    There was a thread a few weeks ago in the general forum regarding World of Warcraft. Someone reacted negatively to some of the criticisms in that thread, and posted snippets of that over on Blizzard's official forums to his WoW buddies.

That got enough WoW players riled up to create accounts here and spam the general forum with a bunch of junk posts. This was over the previous weekend I believe, and someone was able to catch on and ban/lock the offending posts/posters.

I'm sure it was just a vocal minority, I played the game for a number of months and generally ran into a decent crowd.
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, well that's cool, that you left us all alone while you were out partying with Dave Grohl and Kanye West.

I mean, we didn't miss you. We had our own friend. His name is QA_India, and he checked in with us every few hours, asking us how we were doing. Because that's the kind of guy he is; he cares about us.

But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you, Hollywood?
  • obsoleteshockobsoleteshock Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Dude, get a Golden Retriever. They love everyone unconditionally and are about as friendly as any creature on the face of this planet has ever been. They're great with other pets, kids and you take them jogging or just lounge around the house. Basically, they are happy just being around people. Some dogs are decorations, some dogs are (sadly) used as weapons, but Goldens can't be described as anything other than companions.
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;59853 said:

A member here started a World of Warcraft thread (about how badly addicted people are).

Another member took offense to it, defending wow, and made the error of posting this thread on the WoW forums.

Members there then decided to come here and raise hell, posting lewd pics, putting some type of pop-up link in a bunch of thread, and just being general hell-raisers.

The general section was pretty much off-limits that day.
  • edited September 2007
    Electric_Zen;59894 said:
    Yeah, well that's cool, that you left us all alone while you were out partying with Dave Grohl and Kanye West.

I mean, we didn't miss you. We had our own friend. His name is QA_India, and he checked in with us every few hours, asking us how we were doing. Because that's the kind of guy he is; he cares about us.

But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you, Hollywood?
    QA_India is banned and shant be a problem moving forward. He has been...liquidated.
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    wtg Apples! Seems I chose the right guy to quote for my sig :D

Nice to have you back Sean, for the time being at least. So did any famous folk do exceptionally well at Rock Band?
  • edited September 2007
    Smidget;59910 said:
    wtg Apples! Seems I chose the right guy to quote for my sig :D

Nice to have you back Sean, for the time being at least. So did any famous folk do exceptionally well at Rock Band?
    The keyboardist for Gym Class Heroes (I didn't get his name) sat in and started drums on hard and ruled. Alex from Cobra Starship all out killed on guitar. He was challenging people to duels on expert. Keep in mind this was often when they had just come off stage and made a beeline for the game. Only to be pulled away to play onstage again. Marc from GCH was also pretty intense on all the instruments as well and played at both the Fallout Boy suite as well as the Kanye party the night before.
    edited September 2007
    Any idea when those vids are gonna be up, Sean?
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Jeez...sounds like you've been having a hell of a time...hope you get some more wifi or time to visit with us little people still...
  • edited September 2007
    hmxsean;59652 said:

Apples has joined up as a moderator.

sweet, another mod. things were getting pretty rowdy! Grats Apples!

as for dogs, I love huskys, but have a certain sweet spot for German Shepards and Black Labrador retrievers. (probably because I've basically had all 3.. never a full husky though.. my dad owned a half german shepard half husky.. he was bad ass.)

it mainly depends on the size of dog first and foremost I would think
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    I would suggest a Lab, but they require a LOT of room to run and such. If you can find one, I highly recommend a Bassadore...half Labradore, half Basset hound. I've got one and he's a pretty darn cool dog. Very person-like.

Glad you had a good trip...and congrats Apples.