A.f.i.

JadedChiiJadedChii Unsigned
edited December 2011 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I would *LOVE* to see Miss Murder show up on DLC. I air drum to that song in my car all the time. It's an all around good energy song! :D

Other awesome A.F.I. songs:

Silver and Cold
Dancing Through Sunday
This Celluloid Dream
Love Like Winter

Comments

• Crooked CarrotCrooked Carrot Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Well, I didn't put any of their even older stuff because it would be impossible to match Davey's vocals in that and the songs that I picked are for the most part mainstream so more people will be familiar with them and purchase them. :)

And by the way, I can't stand people thatcomplain when band's change their sound or style. So please stop.
  • ZortheConquerorZortheConqueror Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    I was trying to make the point though that I'm not complaining about them changing their sound.

They changed their sound dramatically between Answer that and Stay Fashionable (their first full album) and Art of Drowning (their fifth full album), but I don't have any complaints about that because there's good work on both those albums.

I don't like there two more recent albums because I feel their work isn't up to the level of quality I've come to expect from A.F.I. It has little to do with their sound changing.
  • deletedDESIGNSdeletedDESIGNS Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    I would like to see any of these :)

Affliction
    Total Immortal
    The Leaving Song PartII
    Girls Not Grey
  • TheCheckeredDemonTheCheckeredDemon Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    My 6 Pack:
    Brownie Bottom Sundae
    Cult Status
    A Single Second
    The Last Kiss
    Sacrifice Theory
    Dancing Through Sunday

A run through of their first 6 albums, picking through all of the "overall" best for everyone.
  • edited June 2008
    silver and cold
    girls not grey
    miss murder
    bleed black

these are the only AFI i have heard at this point in time but i like them all and they would be fun to play
    i have requested silver and cold already but nothing has happened.
    edited June 2008
    Firstly, I can't stand people that say they "hate" new AFI. K, we get it, you think their new stuff hates, you don't actually have to post it. Seriously though, no Miss Murder since that's already on Guitar Hero and it is a pretty easy song to play. I'd go with:

Girls Not Grey
    The Missing Frame
    Carcinogen Crush
    Days of The Pheonix
    God Called in Sick Today (does that song have enoguh drums?)
    And a little bonus song- The Chicken Song!
  • edited June 2008
    Crooked Carrot;739540 said:
    no Miss Murder since that's already on Guitar Hero
    and HMX still released Paranoid, Reptilia, 3s and 7s, hier kommt alex, kool thing, and cherub rock and probably more.
    edited June 2008
    torchinthesky=rainingfire;739552 said:
    and HMX still released Paranoid, Reptilia, 3s and 7s, hier kommt alex, kool thing, and cherub rock and probably more.
    Ok, look, the truth is Miss Murder is overplayed and borderline annoying now. I just didn't want to post that because I was giving people hell for saying they don't like new AFI stuff lol. But I liked the song when it came out, really, just too overplayed now.
  • VoDVoD Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes, Art of Drowning, and some of Sing The Sorrow.
  • JordanonfireJordanonfire Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    ZortheConqueror;535339 said:

2)I dislike decemberunderground (and sing the sorrow) because they're terrible, not because they "reinvented" themselves. They've changed their sound a little several times, but it wasn't until sing the sorrow that they changed it to crap, and they've only gotten worse since.
    See, you say that, and that's your opinion, so it's all good.
    In my, and others, opinions, Sing the Sorrow is their best album, and I really don't like much of their stuff prior to. Several random songs, sure.
    And Decemberunderground is O.K. There are a few nice songs on there, but it's rather bland.

But, just take a look at my last.fm page and you'll see I like me my AFI. :P
    Or, at least, there was a period of time during which they were all I listened to, lol.
  • II Che IIII Che II Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    No no no no no. I can't say it enough. I hate A.F.I. I hate MCR, I hate any bands associated with that genre. They seem incapable of making a difficult or intricuite piece of music. Even one that is pleasing to listen to. Plus they are not known for their skills in any area (drums, guitar, vocals, bass). It is likely that it would just be boring to play.
    edited June 2008
    II Che II;768002 said:
    No no no no no. I can't say it enough. I hate A.F.I. I hate MCR, I hate any bands associated with that genre. They seem incapable of making a difficult or intricuite piece of music. Even one that is pleasing to listen to. Plus they are not known for their skills in any area (drums, guitar, vocals, bass). It is likely that it would just be boring to play.
    *cough MCR and AFI both on GH3, both fun to play cough*

You sound like my brother when it comes to graphic design. If it doesn't take him 129483948 hours to make, it's garbage. It could be the coolest looking thing in the world, it's still garbage because it was "easy".
    Good music does not need to be hard to play, and whether or not a song is pleasing to listen to is a matter of opinion.
    edited June 2008
    II Che II;768002 said:
    I understand what you're saying. I've found myself trying to decide recently if AFI's music was as complex as the other bands I listen to and whether complexity of music really makes it better or not. That's not what bothered me about your post.

The fact that you, for some odd reason, related AFI and MCR together, now that bothered me. They aren't the same genre, they are nothing alike, so why put them together like that? I think that showed how uneducated, music-wise, you were. You really have no idea what genre either of those bands are and you place them together for what reason? Both lead singers wear eyeliner and have feminine voices. Congrats, you just proved yourself to be a moron.

:):D:):D:)
  • Dr.stupidDr.stupid Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    I'd like me some afi.

Gir'ls not grey
    Days of the pheonix
    File 13
    The Killing lights
    God called in sick today
    Total immortal

I'd buy this 6-pack, or any afi song for that matter, if it were released.
    edited June 2008
    II Che II;768002 said:
    Listen to Brownie Bottom Sundae and tell me that bassline isn't complicated.
    Listen to Morningstar and tell me those vocals aren't complicated.
    Listen to Battled and tell me those drums aren't complicated.
    Listen to Dancing Through Sunday and tell me the guitar isn't complicated.

Not every song by them is "amazingly hard or complicated", yet some of their choice songs ARE complicated. So make your opinion, but please, base an opinion on things you can back up, otherwise you're just a moron.
  • 12013E12T12013E12T Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    i'd like to see

...But Home Is Nowhere
    Bleed Black
    The Leaving Song Pt. 2
    Love Like Winter
    Silver & Cold
  • BlaqkOathBlaqkOath Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    Dancing Through Sunday
    Of Greetings and Goodbyes
    Girl's Not Grey
    God Called In Sick Today
    Despair Factor
    The Days of the Phoenix
    Silver and Cold

Those are the AFI songs I would think that would be best for Rock Band in my opinion :)

I kinda left out songs like Malleus Maleficarum or other older good suited songs because it might be a little hard for the vocal pitches with Davey's yelling. :p
    edited June 2008
    As much as people seem to dislike Decemberundergound (which I absolutely love) I think we can all admit that the songs on that album are really perfectly suited for Rock Band and they would all be fun to play, right? So having an AFI pack without any Decemberunderground songs would just be silly, in my opinion.
  • BlaqkOathBlaqkOath Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    From DU, "Endlessly, She said" would be my best pick for a song if I had to choose one. "The Interview", "The Missing Frame" and "Summer Shudder" would all also be good picks.

Although DecemberUnderground is a great CD (if you're into popish-sounding rock.), Sing The Sorrow or The Art of Drowning have better songs suited for Rock Band, as they have more of a "I want to play THIS song in front of thousands of people next to my best friends" feel.
    edited June 2008
    I guess that makes sense, but I still feel that Decemberunderground, being a bit more mainstream radio-friendly CD has songs that are more suited for Rock Band just because the songs on Rock Band are pretty normal straightforward rock/alt rock songs. But I really do want those really epic, emotional AFI songs like God Called in Sick Today or Total Immortal.
    edited June 2008
    If you took one from Decemberunderground, it'd have to be The Killing Lights; it has a great guitar focus on it, and a decent solo aswell.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited June 2008
    Days of the Phoenix is from their album "The Art of Drowning" so its their OLD Stuff.
  • n0nt0xicn0nt0xic Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    I would be up for any AFI, new or old...
    I would be loving virtually everything that has been mentioned so far, as well as
    Now the World and The Lost Souls, just to name a couple of my other favs.
  • JonmuJonmu Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    I'd love to see Miss Murder again

Its an awesome song and I love it in guitar hero

Doing the screaming stuff would be hysterical as well
  • Nole4fCloverNole4fClover Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    I wouldn't mind Miss Murder. Being an old skool AFI fan, Miss Murder wouldn't be my first pick, but it's a popular one that would most likely be included somehow so HMX can make lots of money on an AFI pack (and increase the chances of getting a second AFI pack!)

My 6 picks would have to be:

AFI Pack 1:

Miss Murder
    The Leaving Song Pt. 2
    Days of the Phoenix

AFI Pack 2:

Dancing Through Sunday
    No Poetic Device
    Kung-Fu Devil (OLD SKOOL)
  • T-RavT-Rav Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    Girls Not Gray
    Silver & Cold
    Head Like a Hole (cover)
    Midnight Sun

<3
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited June 2008
    I've been a fan of AFI since '96 (back when "Very Proud of Ya" and "Answer That and Stay Fashionable" were the only albums out) and I've followed them through the years, loving every change. So I will buy anything and everything Rock Band releases from them as soon as it's available. Even the "played out" radio-friendly tracks. But, personally, my top choice would be "Black Sails In the Sunset" as a full album download. (But that's highly unlikely.)

And if some of you out there don't like AFI, that's fine. Don't buy it. There have been several packs or songs released so far that I don't like. But instead of jumping onto the forums and flaming the people who do like it, I just play something else.

It's just music.:)
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited June 2008
    ^ You're The type of Band Fan that i do like. You Respect what they do as a band and you follow. Just like With Linkin Park. I respected what they did as a change. And they are still my favorite band.
    edited June 2008
    I agree with the two of you, but there are exceptions.
    Respecting the changes a band takes over it's existance is what you should do. But sometimes a band changes so drastically so quickly that they might as well change their name and say they're a new band.
    Two examples I can think of off the top of my head are Strata and Panic At the Disco (I'll admit to actually liking their first album, guilty pleasure so-be-it. Their new album is completely different and I don't like it at all).
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited June 2008
    II Che II;768002 said:
    Hmm. Well, I guess we can't put Smoke on the Water or anything by The Beatles in this game, because they would be too easy to play. Not every one plays Rock Band for the challenge. Also, I personally find simplicity far more fulfilling than uber-technical stuff. Why use the entire fretboard when you can just as effectively get your point across with only a couple of chords?

I'd also like to voice my support for getting some AFI in this game. While I'm slightly biased towards Sing the Sorrow and every thing that preceded that album, I wouldn't mind a tune or two from Decemberunderground.