Judas Priest

DroogieDroogie Unsigned
edited April 2008 in Rock Band
I've been wait since the release of the game for some good metal to be put on it and it has finally happened. Screaming for Vengence is one of the best metal albums in the history of hard rock and I couldn't agree more with it being added. Now all we need is Black Sabbaths - Black Sabbath, Metallica - Kill em all, and Megadeth - Rust In Peace. Keep up the good work guys and keep the kickass dlc coming.

Comments

  • brbenoitbrbenoit Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Droogie;540903 said:
    I've been wait since the release of the game for some good metal to be put on it and it has finally happened. Screaming for Vengence is one of the best metal albums in the history of hard rock and I couldn't agree more with it being added. Now all we need is Black Sabbaths - Black Sabbath, Metallica - Kill em all, and Megadeth - Rust In Peace. Keep up the good work guys and keep the kickass dlc coming.
    I agree with the albums except for one... with Megadeth, I personally would prefer Countdown to Extinction or Peace Sells. I would also like to see Number of the Beast finished out to cover the other critical metal albums.
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited April 2008
    brbenoit;540964 said:
    I agree with the albums except for one... with Megadeth, I personally would prefer Countdown to Extinction or Peace Sells. I would also like to see Number of the Beast finished out to cover the other critical metal albums.
    Piece of Mind/Powerslave>The Number of the Beast

    'Tis a fact.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited April 2008
    WhiffleBallTony;540976 said:
    Piece of Mind/Powerslave>The Number of the Beast

    'Tis a fact.
    A true fact, which is the best kind.

    Also, Nicko McBrain is a great drummer. The drummer for NotB, not so much.

    RttH drums are way too hard, considering the lack of bounce on RB drumkits and NotB is just dull.
  • Teh_Nfsjunkie91Teh_Nfsjunkie91 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Dr-Droogie don't crash here, there's only room for one!
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited April 2008
    WingsOfSteel;540993 said:
    A true fact, which is the best kind.

    Also, Nicko McBrain is a great drummer. The drummer for NotB, not so much.

    RttH drums are way too hard, considering the lack of bounce on RB drumkits and NotB is just dull.
    Yeah. Both are great songs, but I mean, if you're choosing anything from that album, go with the avenue, "Invaders", or "Hallowed Be Thy Name".

    I would also like that point out that only madness will give me peace of mind.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited April 2008
    WhiffleBallTony;541306 said:

    I would also like that point out that only madness will give me peace of mind.
    Ooooh, I want to play with madness! Can I?
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited April 2008
    WingsOfSteel;541316 said:
    Ooooh, I want to play with madness! Can I?
    We shall have a contest with possible outcomes of:
    • 7 deadly sins
    • 7 ways to win
    • 7 holy paths to hell
    • 7 downward slopes
    • 7 bloodied hopes
    • 7 burning fires
    • 7 desires
    Would you like to participate?
  • brbenoitbrbenoit Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    WhiffleBallTony;540976 said:
    Piece of Mind/Powerslave>The Number of the Beast

    'Tis a fact.
    IMO, as a complete album NOTB is a better album than Piece of Mind and Powerslave. Powerslave has beeter songs on it though, but there are fewer (only 1 IMO) weak songs on Number. The only song on Number that I don't care for is Gangland. I think of the three when viewed as complete albums Piece is the weakest.

    When it comes to individual songs, Powerslave has two of my favorite Maiden songs.

    The real reason that I would pick Number is that it represents the influential album, both for Maiden and metal in general. Powereslave represents the bands "peak" in terms of albums ( I mean popularity not quality necessarily).

    These of course are matters of opinion though. Just like with Metallica, while IMO Kill 'em All is a better album, Master is a more influential and important album historically.

    Other important albums would include Back in Black, and Appetite for Destruction. The tough thing about albums is finding one where every song is strong. Take AC/DC for example. I think that they are a GREAT band, but they are one of those bands where most albums only have a couple of strong songs and a ton of filler. With them, those songs are REALLY strong. But there are only two of their Albums that I would want the whole album.
  • fracgurufracguru Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Include me on the list of those pumped for the Priest download.

    I saw that tour, as a matter of fact. Screamin' for Vengeance was the first metal album I ever bought and listened to.

    Awesome stuff.

    I also sign the petition for Megadeth and Sabbath. In fact, I think Megadeth opened for Priest in the late 80's. Saw that one too.
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Love Screamin for Vengeance, with Megadeth I would much rather have peace sells and how about Somewhere in time for Maiden.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    brbenoit;541847 said:
    IMO, as a complete album NOTB is a better album than Piece of Mind and Powerslave. Powerslave has beeter songs on it though, but there are fewer (only 1 IMO) weak songs on Number. The only song on Number that I don't care for is Gangland. I think of the three when viewed as complete albums Piece is the weakest.

    When it comes to individual songs, Powerslave has two of my favorite Maiden songs.

    The real reason that I would pick Number is that it represents the influential album, both for Maiden and metal in general. Powereslave represents the bands "peak" in terms of albums ( I mean popularity not quality necessarily).
    I don't know if I can agree with you here... Powerslave only has two weaker tracks for my money, "Flash of the Blade" and "The Duellists". Everything else ranks up there with the best they've done for me. The production quality is superb as well and really enhances the album.

    I'd rather have Killers than Number of the Beast as well, but it must have "Women in Uniform" on it!
  • brbenoitbrbenoit Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Parodygm;542303 said:
    I don't know if I can agree with you here... Powerslave only has two weaker tracks for my money, "Flash of the Blade" and "The Duellists". Everything else ranks up there with the best they've done for me. The production quality is superb as well and really enhances the album.

    I'd rather have Killers than Number of the Beast as well, but it must have "Women in Uniform" on it!
    Not a huge fan of Back in the Village either. I love Los'fer Words, it would be a jump for Rock Band to include an instrumental. Not saying they shouldn't, plus it would open up many new possibilities.

    Killers would be a gone one IMO also. I never liked it before, but over time it has become a stronger album to me.

    Now if we are talking masters, then production values come more into play.

    I'd like to play Aces High in rock band, in listening to it... the drums would be tiring on that one. Killers would be on my short list.
  • ArdiusArdius Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    You should all burn for not mentioning Somewhere In Time, Iron Maiden, Killers, Brave New World, Dance of Death, A Matter of Life and Death or The X Factor.
    The entire Iron Maiden discography would easily work for Rock Band.l
Sign In or Register to comment.