Dream Thread

StewieStewie Stewie Star
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
Okay I was wondering what kind of dreams you guys have had. I had a weird dream last night. First I was back in school watching Home Alone 2. :confused: Then I was at a hospital where I met a young John Ritter who was a doctor. (He looked like he did on Three's Company) I think he was in charge of some kind of internship at the hospital. Then I went to a doctor's room. I talked to a doctor for a little while. Then he started giving me shots in my eyes for some reason. As he was giving me the shots he said tell me if this doesn't hurt. He said this is supposed to hurt tell me if it doesn't. I didn't feel anything though which must have been bad I guess. Then I woke up...

Comments

• topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited April 2008
    I rarely remember my dreams, and even when I do it's only random segments.

The other night, however, I had a dream which was more or less a real-life version of what GTA IV might be like in terms of getting missions through your cell phone. The first assignment was to pick a guy up, then kill him. I don't remember much from that one, other than I was driving a white Cadillac sedan type car, and I shot him in the face while he was in the front passenger seat. :o

The second assignment was to pick up a woman who I was told was badly hurt and take her somewhere. I remember a few odd things: the place I picked her up looked like a college dorm, the room I was supposed to pick her up from turned out to be a maintenance closet, she was completely uninjured when I picked her up, and I was carrying a brown grocery bag (with the cord handles) that had NyQuill and some other cold medicine in it. :confused:
  • LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I do remember my dream from last night, well it was actually a nightmare I woke up in the middle of the night scared sh*tless!:eek:

It involed the death of a loved one. *shudders*
  • StewieStewie Stewie Star
    edited April 2008
    A loved one dieing is definitely a bad dream

I had a dream about month ago. I was in a college class thinking this class meets at the same time as one of my other classes. I was thinking this is the first time I've ever gone to this class and I have no idea what's going on. Then I had basically the same dream about a week later. I was in the same class again thinking this is only my second time being here I still have no idea what's going...
  • FallenAceFallenAce Eater of Fine Cheeses
    edited April 2008
    In a college history class, I learned about a law put in place to prevent discrimination against ethnic groups by protecting their high school diplomas. Basically, the law states once a diploma is issued, it cannot, for any reason be ignored or taken away.

Shortly after that class, I dreamed I was back in high school. My entire graduating class was relegated to retaking our final year due to some mishap that effectively revoked our diplomas.

Suddenly, I remembered the law. I stood up from my desk and quoted the law aloud. Immediately afterwards, I exclaimed, "You can't do that! This is a dream!" I grabbed my desk and flipped it over, smashed as much school equipment as I could, and walked out of the room. I woke up once I crossed the threshold of the door.

I love lucid dreams.
  • PrincessJasminePrincessJasmine Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    sillystou;554924 said:
    For some unexplained reason, I very rarely remember my dreams. I don't know what that means.
    It's a good thing. You aren't actually supposed to remember your dreams. That means your body was disrupted during your sleep cycle. Usually during REM Sleep. During sleep, your body cycles through different cycles. It's possibly to have MANY MANY dreams in one night, but chances are you won't remember them. (I'm a psychology major).

So for those who remember their dreams often, you probably aren't getting the best sleep. Try relaxation techniques before bedtime, aromatherapy, new mattress, more/less pillows, adjust room temperature, white noise (fan, nature sounds, etc) And you probably won't remember any dreams.
  • Saltine    KingSaltine King Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    The only dreams worth remembering are wet dreams
  • Wolfee360Wolfee360 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I don't remember many dreams, but I had on a few weeks ago. My wife and I were driving on a road she was driving and we came up on a bridge, my wife says she knows a short cut and proceeds to drive on the out side of the bridge on the out rigers. She turns the wheels to much and we fall off. We just keep falling and falling till I wake up. I hate those kind of dreams.....
  • oshman187oshman187 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Wolfee360;555412 said:
    I don't remember many dreams, but I had on a few weeks ago. My wife and I were driving on a road she was driving and we came up on a bridge, my wife says she knows a short cut and proceeds to drive on the out side of the bridge on the out rigers. She turns the wheels to much and we fall off. We just keep falling and falling till I wake up. I hate those kind of dreams.....
    I have had those kind of dreams.
    When I was little I had one where I was with my family and we had to cross a bridge. And under it was lava. My family goes across. I begin to follow...but the bridge snaps and I start falling....then I wake up.

I have also had one that I will always remember. Know how people are chasing you but for some reason you cant run fast? That is this dream.

A man with a knife is chasing me down the street I live on. But I cant run fast and he is catching up. I turn around and watch him stab me in the chest. Then next I see myself in the hospital and I am like 20 years older and have a beard....it is wierd.
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I hate when I dream I'm falling...I always wake up because I'm spazzing so much. I fell out of bed when I was younger one time because I was dreaming I was falling. I almost hit my head on a table, lol.
  • LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Does anybody dream about finding or winning money? I hate those dreams because while I'm dreaming I'm feeling all happy then I wake up and find out I'm still poor....:o

Talk about waking up to reality, geezz!!:p
  • oshman187oshman187 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    LZ_69;555883 said:
    Does anybody dream about finding or winning money? I hate those dreams because while I'm dreaming I'm feeling all happy then I wake up and find out I'm still poor....:o

Talk about waking up to reality, geezz!!:p
    Haha yea I have had those. I wake up and search the bed.
    "Where's the money?!?!?"
  • FallenAceFallenAce Eater of Fine Cheeses
    edited April 2008
    I regularly dream I have powers and stuff. Most often I have telekinetic capabilities.

My most common kind of dream, however, is where I'm in a small group of survivors against a zombie attack. I'm always scared, but I always survive. Of course, zombies are my greatest fear, so I guess that makes these nightmares.
  • R33DH4MR33DH4M Banned
    edited April 2008
    One time I had a dream that giant bulls as big as houses were running after me and the only way I was safe was by jumping from house to house while they waited down below for me to fall. It was pretty damn scary.
  • Mikey803Mikey803 Headliner
    edited April 2008
    This dream wasn't mine but my friend told me about one that he had...

long story short...me and him were in the Vietnam War and everybody but us died in some huge battle...

...I say he's played too many videogames
    edited April 2008
    That's a crazy dream
    edited April 2008
    Yeah dude...he said it was kinda like platoon
    edited April 2008
    That must of been a bad a## dream dude.
    edited April 2008
    Yeah but he told me that about half of it was him writing letters to people...
    edited April 2008
    Well the other half must of have been really intense though
    edited April 2008
    yeah I would guess the way he told it to me...
    ...but moving on...
    I once had a dream that I was all alone in my house and there was some psycho killer clown chasing me around and trying to kill me...whole dream was me running from the thing until I realized what was goin on and had a strange star wars like battle with the clown and he had a frying pan and I had a spatula...
    ....and when I woke up I wasn't in my bed...

...it was really freakin weird
    edited April 2008
    What!
    Where did you wake up?!
    edited April 2008
    Like in the hallway in front of my parents room door...
    ...my bedroom was waaaay down the hall...
    edited April 2008
    You must have been uhh sleep walking
    edited April 2008
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
  • leftover_crackleftover_crack Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    when i was 5 or 6 i remember having a dream about twisted metal and a giant kangaroo
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited April 2008
    one thing that's weird about my dreams is whenever it takes place at my parents' house, it's always the house I lived in through early college, even though I lived at their current house for several years and they've lived there for 15+ years -- I've never had a dream (that I can remember anyway) that's taken place at their current house
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    To my knowledge I've only sleepwalked twice. When I was about eight or so I woke up in my closet, and a few months ago I woke up in front of the oven.

It runs in the family though, so who knows.
  • phasemanphaseman Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    I've never sleepwalked before, but I did sleephit my wife once.
  • AraghaAragha I posted 10,000 times and all I got was this lousy title
    edited July 2008
    phaseman;848362 said:
    I've never sleepwalked before, but I did sleephit my wife once.
    Wife beater! I'mma call da coppas!