Rock Blog Tuesday 09/18/07

edited September 2007 in Announcements
Yesterday I took a quick vacation day to do domestic things. I won't bore you with the details but I am refreshed and ready to go. WHOOO!

Friday I hung out with the Scorehero guys for 13 hours. That was a lot of fun- turns out they are scary good at rhythm games - who would have thought.

I basically know where I will be going on the truck tour now. I will be in both Seattle and then Portland in late September/ early October and then a few other places we'll get to when I get an email and can copy/paste here. There will be a few other HMX-types who will be heading out to other places as well. I'm not sure we will be at every event or every city but we are trying our little hearts out with our remaining resources to meet you out there on the road. Anything I should do or see in Portland and Seattle that would rock? I'll be writing my tour diaries on the website as the tour rolls on and seeing some sweet locations would rule and make the writing 80 times better. I don't need no big huge tourist spots either. I want to go to places that are awesome even to the locals.

BLOG!

Chris on ideas/scope/prototyping.

Comments

• Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    How long are the Scorehero folks being embargoed? I'm very interested in seeing their impressions.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    You're back! w00t! For now at least.

I wanna know who will be in Baltimore. I understand it is gonna be in some Best Buy? Sounds kinda small scale (boo).
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Thankfully the Seattle weekend is actually at the speedway, saves me a bit of a drive...to bad there isn't anything to do around here anyway...I mean, the RB bus IS the highlight of the weekend...
  • RiboflavinRiboflavin Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    wait...so is the bus stopping in Portland or are you just saying "portland" when you are talking about Oregon in general?

i would somehow love to get me one of them shirts.
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    yeah let the scorehero guys talk about it already, we're getting antsy
  • edited September 2007
    masterx1918;63941 said:
    yeah let the scorehero guys talk about it already, we're getting antsy
    They weren't actually here for PR reasons. Hence the no talking about it thing.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Is all of MHX expected to be here for the Boston tour date?
  • ZkDotNetZkDotNet Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    In Portland, there's tons of cool little clubs with live musics. (We have a pretty solid local music scene.) One is the Red Room... alcohol, live shows, and Guitar Hero.

http://www.myspace.com/redroomportland
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    So are you heading out to mostly westcoast areas on your tour Sean? I was hoping I would be able to catch you in either New York or Philly.

Good blog today, I like hearing that our ideas get read and considered.
  • edited September 2007
    That place looks awesome. Do you know if it is just 21+ or is it all ages?
  • edited September 2007
    ThePaska;63972 said:
    So are you heading out to mostly westcoast areas on your tour Sean? I was hoping I would be able to catch you in either New York or Philly.

Good blog today, I like hearing that our ideas get read and considered.
    I will probably be in New York (that weekend is my thirtieth birthday.... NY will never be the same.) But yes, I will mostly be handling West Coast stops to free up other Harmonix people who maybe can't travel as far.
  • edited September 2007
    So no speaky from the SH crew :(

That makes me a sad panda
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;63981 said:
    I will probably be in New York (that weekend is my thirtieth birthday.... NY will never be the same.) But yes, I will mostly be handling West Coast stops to free up other Harmonix people who maybe can't travel as far.
    Sounds like I might have to make a trip to New York then. I can't wait for the Rock Band tour to get near my area.
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;63981 said:
    So you turn 30 in November too huh? Thankfully mine is later in the month, giving me the chance (hopefully...release date already!?!?!) to have a Rock Band blow-out party. We got invites designed and everything...
  • MaherjMaherj Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    I'm turning 30 in October. I feel so much older then you two right now!

But my fiance turned 30 in August. I'm already calling her a cougar while she's 30 and I'm still 29
  • skeltonathskeltonath Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    When I saw that Seattle 28th and 29th was at Evergreen Speedway, I got really excited because I race there, and I knew I was racing that weekend. But then I realized I'm racing at Southsound not Evergreen :(

Go to Southsound instead! :D
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;63978 said:
    That place looks awesome. Do you know if it is just 21+ or is it all ages?
    It's 21+.

There's another place (the name escapes me) that goes from all ages to 21+ at 7pm. Drinking + video games. Freezepop was just there last month (drove down straight from PAX I believe).

Oh, found it. http://www.groundkontrol.com/

Looks like there's a GH party their tonight. I wonder if I can make it.
  • edited September 2007
    ZkDotNet;64110 said:
    It's 21+.

There's another place (the name escapes me) that goes from all ages to 21+ at 7pm. Drinking + video games. Freezepop was just there last month (drove down straight from PAX I believe).

Oh, found it. http://www.groundkontrol.com/

Looks like there's a GH party their tonight. I wonder if I can make it.
    Maybe I will pick a night to hit one of these spots and hang out with the Portland cats. That would be awesome. Maybe I will do this in all the cities I go to. Holy crap.
  • DShizzle1029DShizzle1029 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Sean, any idea yet on where in Orlando the tour will be in December???
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    I REALLY don't want to sound like I deserve special treatment for being a member here, this is just an honest question. Do us community members get some special treatment or something at these tour dates? I really hated to miss out on PAX special community members thing.

Also, I'm trying to get my friend to go to the Philly tour. But I can't get him to go! I really really don't want to go alone, that's just sad. He is buying a whole 360 Elite just for Rock Band, but he doesn't want to go! I offered to be a singer and everything! He just keeps responding with the same response: "I really just don't want to go out of state to play a game". And when we went to Ozzfest, it was like, just as far, and it took like, 10 minutes! We're so close to Philly, it's like, unbelievable. I really really want to go, but no one else I know plays any Guitar hero or like, into Rock band or anything! He knows a guy who can get a 99% on Jordan, so he can be guitar, he can play drums, I'd be on vocals, and we could easily get a guy to be on Bass. I just really want to go! Like, crazy bad. But my friend doesnt! And he's like, the only guy who could get the others to go. I don't know why he doesn't want to go! He has such a horrible reason. He could easily go to the one on the Weekend. Does anyone know how to get him to go?
  • edited September 2007
    Akaymay;64128 said:
    I REALLY don't want to sound like I deserve special treatment for being a member here, this is just an honest question. Do us community members get some special treatment or something at these tour dates? I really hated to miss out on PAX special community members thing.
    Yes and no. If I am at one of the events you are going to or there is another HMX employee there and you let me know ahead of time so I can tell them when you are coming I will try to hook something up. If no HMX people are at one of the cities or dates you are going there really isn't much I can do, unfortunately.

PM me details and I will see what I can do. Community members come first for me.
  • edited September 2007
    DShizzle1029;64125 said:

Not that I know of. I assume once that is all ironed out it will be put up on the front page of rockband.com with the rest of the tour schedule.
  • sumboxcar182sumboxcar182 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    if your going to seattle you have to head to the experience music project in seattle. it's right near the space needle and it has a ton of cool stuff including the history of guitars. they have very early prototypes of guitars from the 1920's and stuff. it's really cool. plus it has a free admission to the sci-fi museum which is attached to it.
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;64114 said:
    Maybe I will pick a night to hit one of these spots and hang out with the Portland cats. That would be awesome. Maybe I will do this in all the cities I go to. Holy crap.
    I just realized I can go to both the Seattle and Portland tour stops. I happen to be visiting Seattle that weekend.

If you decide to hang at one of those places, that'd rock (I can make sure you get a chance to discover all our great local micro-brews). Also, you know... just throwing this out there... but, I imagine that neither of those placed would complain if you happened to have some Rock Band gear in your trunk.

Not trying to add more work for you... just saying. :)
  • edited September 2007
    Sean, c'mon man. We need the hookup with some information on this game. SH knows stuff and we want to know. Release the info brother!
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Lucky Scorehero guys.... they get to have all the fun!
  • edited September 2007
    hmxsean;63981 said:
    I have a November bday and I'm also in NY

I'm seeing birthday shotz in your future....
  • GhaleonGhaleon Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    DShizzle1029;64125 said:
    At least you have a city... 'round my parts we've only got:
    New Jersey November 15 - 18, 2007

:confused:
  • LZ_RebornLZ_Reborn Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;63981 said:
    Hey Sean! great to have you back, btw any chance you might come down to California?
  • TheWolf619TheWolf619 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Yea, hopefully you'll be coming to San Francisco. If Harmonix people are going to be here, I'll definitely get over to the event. Even if I have to take a day off. lol