Classic Rock,Modern Rock, or Metal dlc?

Snowman-1771Snowman-1771 Opening Act
edited June 2008 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I want more Classic Rock, Van Halen, CCR, GnR, Journey, Bon Jovi, stuff like that. Tell me what you think.

Comments

• JainayJainay Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I want more metal. I dont have the game yet, because i live in Europe :P

But still, i know theres a lot of metal already, BUT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TO MUCH METAL! I just love metal. I cant wait to get this game and just go nuts with all the DLC. *DROOL*

But definitely, MORE METAL!
  • LexiconLexicon Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Avenged sevenfold pls
  • froggy7384froggy7384 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    The only song I want for DLC is "Anyway You Want It". That would be classic, unless we're talking about the Rise Against cover, which would be modern.
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
  • Snowman-1771Snowman-1771 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    froggy7384;560007 said:
    The only song I want for DLC is "Anyway You Want It". That would be classic, unless we're talking about the Rise Against cover, which would be modern.
    The Journey one is far better.
  • froggy7384froggy7384 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Snowman-1771;560036 said:
    I like the scream in the Rise Against one :)

Also, it's fun to wake people up with. I woke my roommate up with the Rise Against cover at full volume, and all he did was throw up the horns and go back to sleep.
  • JTRoberts2JTRoberts2 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    MODERN... I love Classic Rock, dont get me wrong... but after seemingly endless supplies of classic rock and metal... we need some newer stuff... less heavy.

Paramore, Weezer, Green Day, Foo, RHCP... they would all be great.
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited April 2008
    edited April 2008
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snowman-1771

I like the scream in the Rise Against one

Also, it's fun to wake people up with. I woke my roommate up with the Rise Against cover at full volume, and all he did was throw up the horns and go back to sleep. [End Quote]
    That's funny.
  • jamminjon82jamminjon82 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I would actually like to see some more Killers
  • tflash9tflash9 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I'd like to see some Lionel Richie or Luther Vandross.
  • HindesiteHindesite Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Well, I want more of all 3 of those, but above all, I'm really itching for some modern rock. The singles pack with Paramore and Black Tide was really satisfying, I'd like more of that. :)
    edited April 2008
    For Modern Rock I want Modest Mouse, Green Day, The Killers, Yellowcard, Wolfmother, Airbourne.
  • 0tj0tj Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    JOURNEY!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I would like more Classic Rock. Like Metal, theres no such thing as too much Classic Rock. And some Foo Fighters would be sweet.
  • RomuluXXRomuluXX Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    I've been waiting on this Metal Pack an awfully long time...

Anyways, I'd like more of everything but I'm quite the metalhead
    edited April 2008
    Hows about some Zach Attack?
  • Scott0325Scott0325 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Modern FTW.

Paramore, Vampire Weekend, Jimmy Eat World specifically. In that order.
  • Dave_ThDave_Th Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Where is the Bluegrass/country option. OK, it was wishful thinking, maybe once every hit rock song ever recorded as been DLC'd they will realize there is another way to make even MORE money.
  • DragonElderX9DragonElderX9 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Yeah I can't believe thay haven't realeased A7X(Avenged Sevenfold) yet...I thought at least one song would come with the game, but what would be super badass is some POWER METAL....Helloween, Edguy, Kamelot, Avantasia, Rhapsody Of Fire, Firewind, come on!! Progressive metal would be sweet too...Dream Theater, Scar Symmetry, Into Eternity. METAL!!
  • karmajackkarmajack Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I'd like some modern songs by established rock bands from the 1990's. I'm getting bored of the oldies. It's been a while since something from '90 and up hasn't it? The Motley Crue song doesn't count as modern in my eyes. It's a lack luster song from a dated band. Still Alive and the HMX songs don't count either to me. At least we get SP Zero next week.
  • SmallberriesSmallberries Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Classic Rock and Metal.

The entire Master of Puppets Album
    Quiet Riot
    AC/DC
    Ozzy (80's only)
    Journey
    Cheap Trick
    Survivor
    Loverboy

Basically, the crap that had me in a denim jacket all through high school
    edited April 2008
    I'm surprised at how close this is, I thought Modern would win in a landslide.
  • BigMonkEBigMonkE Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Anything but Modern Rock would be appreciated.
    edited April 2008
    I'm only 32 and I would much rather get classic rock. Everybody knows the songs. I'm getting tired of friends and family having to mumble their way through songs.

Does anybody else find themselves, when they are listening to music in the car or wherever, wondering what it would be like to play "that" song on rock band?
  • sidman69sidman69 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
  • Samuel346Samuel346 Headliner
    edited April 2008
    Snowman-1771;560811 said:
    Not on these forums, ever.
    BigMonkE;560827 said:
    You're playing the right game then, Classic Rock Band- I mean Rock band.
    edited April 2008
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snowman-1771

Not on these forums, ever.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigMonkE

You're playing the right game then, Classic Rock Band- I mean Rock band.[End Quote]
    __________________ I'm with both of you I want Classic Rock Band but I just thought Modern Rock would win.
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I voted for Modern, but it should be noted that I am not in favor of:
    Fall Out Boy
    Panic! At the Disco
    The Academy Is
    Nirvana
    My Chemical Romance
    Breaking Benjamin
    Korn
    Linkin Park
    Paramore
    etc.

I do want:
    Muse
    Coldplay
    Radiohead
    Interpol
    CAKE
    Franz Ferdinand
    The Killers
    The Arctic Monkeys
    Bloc Party
    Modest Mouse
    REM
    Oasis
    The Shins
    The National
    Snow Patrol
  • Ghostrider2112Ghostrider2112 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Being in Europe, i havent played it yet, but i would love some more metal!

Im a fan of all three, but i think theres plenty of classic and Modern Rock.
    Some Metal would be good,

Some metal like, SOAD, Slipknot, Disturbed etc

Some prog-metal, like Dream Theater or even some Symphonic Metal would be amazing. Like Nightwish, Symphony X, Turisas.

Im also a huge fan of Opeth, but the vocals would probably get many complaints :D

Just another thought, 'Modern' rock is a kinda generic term, what kind of rock? because im a fan of a lot of modern rock, like Muse and the Foos,buti also hate the likes of bands of Fall Out Boy, The Killers etc who by the sounds of it are classed as modern rock in this, the same class as Muse etc. Which i dont think they are.

I know they are all modern, as in time, but they are not the same IMO.

But yeah, i like whats on it at the moment, but would love a few metal DLC's. I know not everyone is a fan, but some of us like it.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited April 2008
    There is no such thing as too much classic rock. Classics never get old, which is what makes them classic. Remember, just because it is old, does not make it a classic.

To all the metal heads. We have the metal gods (Judas Priest), also, remember the lyrics to "Bang Your Head": "Metal health will drive you mad".

Modern rock. What can I say about modern rock that hasn't been said by many here?

I don't listen to much modern rock, because most of it is either depressing or terrible. It is not good. Name a modern band, and most likely I have not heard it because I have given up trying to stay current. It is too much work trying to find something good in the middle of the haysatck that is today's rock.

That being said, I don't consider the '90's music modern because that to me is now part of the classic rock canon. Also, that is the era in which I grew up. I remember Nirvana music videos. Does anybody else remember the days when MTV actually played music videos most of the time? Before crap like "The Hills" and "Laguna Beach"?

Also, when I hear "All Apologies" by Nirvana & "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica on the back of AC/DC's "Back In Black" on 107.7 The Bone (San Francisco Bay Area Classic Rock Station), that makes it stick for all time.

The way Harmonix is going is fine, and all the complaints have to stop! :)