One of These Things Doesn't Belong Here.

Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
edited March 2009 in History of Rock
New game. Name which of these items in the list doesn't belong with the others and why. If you answer both of those correctly you make a list and so on. They must be rock or Rock Band related. :D I'll start.

Which of these does not belong? Why?

Cream
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Phish
The Eagles

Comments

  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited April 2008
    I probably won't get this right but Red Hot Chili Peppers don't belong because they are on Rock Band while The Eagles, Phish, and Cream are not.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2008
    JukeBoxHero;564912 said:
    I probably won't get this right but Red Hot Chili Peppers don't belong because they are on Rock Band while The Eagles, Phish, and Cream are not.
    incorrect!
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited April 2008
    "One of these things is not like the others
    One of these things just doesn't belong
    Can you tell which thing is not like the other
    By the time I finish my song"

    Uh...Phish suck and the others don't?
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2008
    Incorrect!

    Don't think too much about it. The answer might be right under your nose. :)
  • SteelersFreak1SteelersFreak1 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    The Eagles have a "The" in their name?
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2008
    SteelersFreak1;564951 said:
    The Eagles have a "The" in their name?
    You're warm but that close to the fire!
  • partyboydanialpartyboydanial Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    right under your nose???

    mouth???

    eagles are the only thing you dont eat???

    red hot chili peppers
    cream
    phish

    all foods (well kinda on cream and fish spelt differently) but w/e

    im gonna go with The Eagles are the only one that u dont eat
  • Shredder87Shredder87 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    You dont' eat eagles?
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2008
    partyboydanial;564976 said:
    right under your nose???

    mouth???

    eagles are the only thing you dont eat???

    red hot chili peppers
    cream
    phish

    all foods (well kinda on cream and fish spelt differently) but w/e
    Our first winner!

    Your turn. :)
  • Tier10Tier10 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Shredder87;564975 said:
    You dont' eat eagles?
    I do. But that's beside the point.
  • partyboydanialpartyboydanial Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Julio_Strikes_Back;564980 said:
    Our first winner!

    Your turn. :)
    yay hahah i nvr would have got it without the under your nose thing.

    uhhh im no good at making up these things so sorry if this one's mad easy

    The Plastic Ono Band
    The Beatles
    Roger Waters (solo career)
    The Grateful Dead

    which one these don't belong and for what reason
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited April 2008
    Tier10;564982 said:
    I do. But that's beside the point.
    You best not be American...
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2008
    Inb4 Fogey owns this thread. |o

    I have no idea. :(
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited April 2008
    partyboydanial;565003 said:
    yay hahah i nvr would have got it without the under your nose thing.

    uhhh im no good at making up these things so sorry if this one's mad easy

    The Plastic Ono Band
    The Beatles
    Roger Waters (solo career)
    The Grateful Dead

    which one these don't belong and for what reason

    One more try for me I guess, I think it's kinda obvious but all of the groups in that group besides Roger Waters have "The" in their name.

    Edit:Another thing is that three of these bands started in the 1960s and Roger Waters didn't really start a solo career until he left Pink Floyd in the 80s.
  • partyboydanialpartyboydanial Rising Star
    edited April 2008
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2008
    Remember, they don't have to be bands. They can be anything that has to do with rock (but try not to go too obscure) such as people, famous venues, instruments and so on.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited April 2008
    Ah this is fun, I'm learning how little I know about rock in general. :D
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2008
    partyboydanial;565003 said:
    yay hahah i nvr would have got it without the under your nose thing.

    uhhh im no good at making up these things so sorry if this one's mad easy

    The Plastic Ono Band
    The Beatles
    Roger Waters (solo career)
    The Grateful Dead

    which one these don't belong and for what reason
    Roger Waters had nothing to do with Woodstock

    the Dead played, the Beatles were invited but turned it down, and the Plastic Ono Band asked if they could play and were rejected
  • partyboydanialpartyboydanial Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    a21schizoidman;565405 said:
    Roger Waters had nothing to do with Woodstock

    the Dead played, the Beatles were invited but turned it down, and the Plastic Ono Band asked if they could play and were rejected
    thts a good one i nvr knew tht...

    but thts not it.
  • partyboydanialpartyboydanial Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    ill give u guys a hint the answer lies within Derek & The Dominos
  • DSOTMDSOTM Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    then im guessing it has something to do with eric clapton performing with roger waters?
    just throwing that out there
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited April 2008
    partyboydanial;565003 said:
    yay hahah i nvr would have got it without the under your nose thing.

    uhhh im no good at making up these things so sorry if this one's mad easy

    The Plastic Ono Band
    The Beatles
    Roger Waters (solo career)
    The Grateful Dead

    which one these don't belong and for what reason
    D'oh. Can't believe I didn't realize this before, but Eric Clapton has played on songs by the Plastic Ono Band, The Beatles ("While My Guitar Gently Weeps"), and Roger Waters, but nothing by the GD. The Dead are the odd ones out this time.
  • DSOTMDSOTM Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    so ya i was close :>
  • partyboydanialpartyboydanial Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Runesmith;565479 said:
    D'oh. Can't believe I didn't realize this before, but Eric Clapton has played on songs by the Plastic Ono Band, The Beatles ("While My Guitar Gently Weeps"), and Roger Waters, but nothing by the GD. The Dead are the odd ones out this time.
    yupp thts it, good job. your turn if u want. and yup you were close DOSTM
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited April 2008
    partyboydanial;565519 said:
    yupp thts it, good job. your turn if u want. and yup you were close DOSTM
    That was a good list, Danial. I was barking up the wrong angle, initially paying a little too much attention to any producers the groups might have shared, since I already knew Phil Spector had produced songs for The Beatles and the Plastic Ono Band. I probably wouldn't have got it without that hint. :D

    I guess I could give it a try. This list takes a different approach than the others thus far, using people related to music instead of bands:

    Lester Bangs
    Robert Christgau
    Rick Nielsen
    Chuck Klosterman
  • partyboydanialpartyboydanial Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Runesmith;565579 said:
    That was a good list, Danial. I was barking up the wrong angle, initially paying a little too much attention to any producers the groups might have shared, since I already knew Phil Spector had produced songs for The Beatles and the Plastic Ono Band. I probably wouldn't have got it without that hint. :D

    I guess I could give it a try. This list takes a different approach than the others thus far, using people related to music instead of bands:

    Lester Bangs
    Robert Christgau
    Rick Nielsen
    Chuck Klosterman
    thanks

    im not even gonna try yours

    considering i dont kno who any of them are except rick nielsen hahah
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2008
    Runesmith;565579 said:
    That was a good list, Danial. I was barking up the wrong angle, initially paying a little too much attention to any producers the groups might have shared, since I already knew Phil Spector had produced songs for The Beatles and the Plastic Ono Band. I probably wouldn't have got it without that hint. :D

    I guess I could give it a try. This list takes a different approach than the others thus far, using people related to music instead of bands:

    Lester Bangs
    Robert Christgau
    Rick Nielsen
    Chuck Klosterman
    Rick Nielsen b/c he is a musician (guitarist for Cheap Trick) and the other 3 are rock journalists
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited April 2008
    a21schizoidman;565620 said:
    Rick Nielsen b/c he is a musician (guitarist for Cheap Trick) and the other 3 are rock journalists
    You got it!
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited April 2008
    King Crimson
    Mott the Hoople
    The Firm
    Queen

    which doesnt belong?
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited April 2008
    a21schizoidman;565660 said:
    King Crimson
    Mott the Hoople
    The Firm
    Queen

    which doesnt belong?
    King Crimson. The Firm, Queen, and Mott all have connections to Bad Company. The Firm and Queen because of Paul Rodgers, and Mott because their guitarist (or bassist?) later joined Bad Company.
Sign In or Register to comment.