Muse goes to GH

legaliyzlegaliyz Opening Act
edited May 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
SANTA MONICA, Calif., May 02, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Known for their exhilarating live performances and unique blend of rock music styles, British trio Muse is returning to Guitar Hero(R) for an encore performance with the release of a three track downloadable song pack for Activision Inc.'s (Nasdaq:ATVI) Guitar Hero(R) III: Legends of Rock.

Featuring the rousing hits "Exo-Politics" and "Supermassive Black Hole" from the band's critically acclaimed album Black Holes and Revelations, and "Stockholm Syndrome" from their multi-platinum record Absolution, the Muse track pack will be available for Xbox LIVE(R) Marketplace for Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and in the PLAYSTATION(R)Store for the PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system on May 8, 2008.

SOURCE: Activision, Inc.

Comments

• RockingOutRockingOut Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    WOW! What a pack! HMX, take notes...
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    Dismissile;582882 said:
    Suckers. We get the infinitely better song Hysteria.
    cheers to that!

although i really would love Stockholm Syndrome to go along with it...
  • metalfenixmetalfenix Rising Star
    edited May 2008
    Harmonix...it's time to release the "hysteria" song ....
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited May 2008
    G_tarRoCK3R;582879 said:
    ****ING DAM IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I love muse! Why can't they be on Rock Band :( :(

I guess I have to buy the GH3 pack, LAME.
    Muse will be releasing "Hysteria" for Rock Band in May sometime.
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited May 2008
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    Dismissile;582882 said:
    Suckers. We get the infinitely better song Hysteria.
    Dude have you not heard black hole and Stockholm syndrome!?
    whofan;582890 said:
    Muse will be releasing "Hysteria" for Rock Band in May sometime.

Yea I know that, I'm on here everyday :p But thats not the point. The whole Muse album Absolution would kick arse on Rock Band. I'd like to have these song in ADDITION to hysteria. Muse rock. period!
  • bmore007bmore007 Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    Looks like they beat Harmonix to the punch on this one. If this was on RB I'd probably get the whole pack for myself but the only song my friends would know would be Supermassive Black Hole.

Watch us get a Tribe 3 pack today haha..........:(
  • AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    edited May 2008
    *sigh*

Todays DLC announcement better be really good.
    edited May 2008
    I can't find anything on the internet to support this, do you have a link to kill my hopes?
    edit: found it on yahoo:'(
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    Yea dude post a link because I'm not seeing this anywhere.

Edit- Ok thanks, this makes me a saaaaaaaad panda :( I want to drum these solid tunes!
  • EvoHeroEvoHero Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    For those who can't find it, here's the link:

http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=307978

I don't want to bash NSFT, because this is a pretty good start on getting some non-KoC Muse in GH/RB, but let's just say that I'm not afraid to make the obligatory "they better not screw these charts up" comment.

Anyone think that they'll chart the synth in the chorus of Stockholm Syndrome? *raises hand*
    edited May 2008
    G_tarRoCK3R;582938 said:
    Yea dude post a link because I'm not seeing this anywhere.
    http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080502/20080502005192.html?.v=1
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    While it does suck tremendously that we'll only get overcharted guitar sections, at least it's Muse, and they are good songs. I love Exo-Politics. I'll be paying close attention to that one since I can play it on my real guitar, so it will be a good gauge of just how crappy GHIII is.

On the plus side, this means that Muse does like the idea of having their stuff in these games. And just because GH gets it doesn't mean there's not the possibility of us getting it down the road...look at how many songs are on both games.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited May 2008
    I don't see this as an exclusivity thing... they seem willing to work with whomever. And that's good.

Muse, while being a great all-around band, is definitely up there in terms of quality guitar work. Makes sense for them to appear in both games.
  • lawrence1103lawrence1103 Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    this sucks. i didn't know who muse was until i started reading these boards and saw how much people were requesting them. i figured let me get their albums and i listened to them and was very much impressed and understood why they would be great on RB and after hearing this news it's disappointing. Muse quickly became one of my favorite bands. GH sucks i don't like it and HMX needs to get some more Muse songs in this game.
    edited May 2008
    lawrence1103;582975 said:
    this sucks. i didn't know who muse was until i started reading these boards and saw how much people were requesting them. i figured let me get their albums and i listened to them and was very much impressed and understood why they would be great on RB and after hearing this news it's disappointing. Muse quickly became one of my favorite bands. GH sucks i don't like it and HMX needs to get some more Muse songs in this game.
    I'm glad to hear you like Muse. We are getting Hysteria, most likely this month, and as killer_roach said it doesn't seem like an exclusive thing.
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    The only downside to this is going to be the overcharting, and the lack of vocals and drums. In all honesty, it's not that bad...at least we get to play something by them, even if it's not on RB.
    edited May 2008
    Sveppi;582986 said:
    I'm glad to hear you like Muse. We are getting Hysteria, most likely this month, and as killer_roach said it doesn't seem like an exclusive thing.
    at least that's a good thing, i really do enjoy Hysteria. I'm sure we'll get more songs, i'm just upset that GH beat RB to the punch with a Muse pack. But i'm open to all kinds of music and Muse just blew me away and in the other thread i've heard how you guys say that their live performances are amazing. i can't wait until the come to Los Angeles because i definitely will be going to their concert.
    edited May 2008
    Worst thing is, I can't even buy this. I have the EU version of GH3 (which I never play), but Iceland doesn't have a PSN store.
    I can use the US account to get songs for RB because it's a US game, but I can't get this pack because it won't work from the US store and I can't buy things from the UK store.
  • AmalockhAmalockh Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    Wasn't there a similar uproar when GH got Peace of Mind? Then RB got basically Boston's entire first album.

Hell, we already know there's muse on the way. I wouldn't worry about this much.
  • neo031162neo031162 Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    Meh. There's plenty of other things to be upset over.

GH is dead to me, this isn't an exclusivity agreement based on the sources, so who F'in cares.
    edited May 2008
    neo031162;583019 said:
    Meh. There's plenty of other things to be upset over.

GH is dead to me, this isn't an exclusivity agreement based on the sources, so who F'in cares.
    this is true
  • DismissileDismissile Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    G_tarRoCK3R;582896 said:
    Dude have you not heard black hole and Stockholm syndrome!?
    Uh...yes and my point still stands. Stockholm is good but black hole...nowhere near as good as Hysteria.
  • MusePTMusePT Rising Star
    edited May 2008
    very good news for GH wich I don't own... expect this to be a heads up for HMX to put them in RB!!!!

Muse really needs a pack... 3 or 6 songs... for me an album (origyn of symmetry, specially)...

MUSE ROCKS!!!
  • ollconollcon Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    Anything of the new album doesnt make me want too buy it in the slightest.
    It looks like another one of those 1 good song out of 3 track packs.

Roll on hysteria!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    I'm reaaaally hoping the RB DLC for this week is Muse.

I boycotted the GH franchise because of the PS3 fiasco but if no Muse comes to RB in the next couple of weeks, I'm buying GH3 again and downloading the DLC.

Props to go Activision, no cookie for HMX. (I will retract that statement if we get a good announcement today!)
  • phunky420phunky420 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    What the Hell? Activision is not supposed to release quality DLC!!! Doesn't matter..i won't buy for guitar hero. In fact, i won't ever be buying another guitar hero game.
  • SpandrelSpandrel Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    I wish I could just download "Stockholm Syndrome". Kudos to Activision for recognizing what a great guitar track that would be in GH. "Hysteria" is great, too, thankfully.
  • AliceInChainedAliceInChained Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    The joy of owning both games :)