Rock Blog Monday 09/24/07

edited September 2007 in Announcements
Getting ready to head off on the road for a couple weeks. This should prove very interesting. I still have to pack, make sure my various electronics are charged, make sure I am not carrying any liquids on my person, see if I can go through my library and find a book I haven't read yet, say goodbye to everyone, make sure I know what plane I am on and which hotel I am staying at, get dramamine, get my camera cleared so I can take massive amounts of pictures for posting on my road blog, and see about sleeping... for an hour or two. Seattle get ready.

ANNOUNCEMENT...OR A CLARIFICATION

We will support headset mics on the 360 for singing. Initially we said we wouldn't be able to support them as they don't have great audio quality, but we are going to support so y'all have a few more options open to you. That said there is nothing quite like getting a mic stand, shoving our mic into it (make sure you have the right mic clamps, though) and swinging that thing around. Unless you are planning out some crazy choreography to go along with Paranoid (which you aren't) a real USB mic is the way to go.

But still- we're all about giving people a choice. We buy and play video games too so we know how important that is.

Now... no more threads about what mics can be used. :)

There aren't any other blogs today. Bloggers are mostly all out on vacation or far too busy working to "make cohesive, entertaining sentences" so we'll just have to make due with my pre-flight habits and an official clarification of headset mics.

I'll be on from time to time while I am on the road. No parties and don't burn the house down. And don't do anything I wouldn't do. Which isn't much. You may want to use your own discretion.

EDIT

Also this auction is for a local community television station we like and used to share space with. They are having their annual fundraiser so we gave one of these to them for their big, huge, crazy fundraiser that will hopefully net them a ton of money so they can keep fighting the good fight. Partake if you are interested.

Comments

• XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Real mics FTW!

Now tell me you guys will support real amps.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for the clarification on the mics Sean. So I'm going to go ahead and assume that the Rock Band mic is USB correct?

Have fun on the road, if you are having half as much fun as the people that are visiting the tour bus, I'm sure its going to be amazing. I'll be looking forward to some sweet pictures from the road.
  • edited September 2007
    I plan on getting the whole bundle, so it matters little to me. But that's a nice fallback option for those who cannot afford the RB branded USB microphone.

The "OMGZ ROCK BAND IS TWO EXPENSIVE!!1!!1!!" criticism just took another hit. :)
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    Apples;67353 said:
    I plan on getting the whole bundle, so it matters little to me. But that's a nice fallback option for those who cannot afford the RB branded USB microphone.

The "OMGZ ROCK BAND IS TWO EXPENSIVE!!1!!1!!" criticism just took another hit. :)
    Your new sig p-owns!
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;67338 said:

We will support headset mics on the 360 for singing. Initially we said we wouldn't be able to support them as they don't have great audio quality, but we are going to support so y'all have a few more options open to you. That said there is nothing quite like getting a mic stand, shoving our mic into it (make sure you have the right mic clamps, though) and swinging that thing around. Unless you are planning out some crazy choreography to go along with Paranoid (whic you aren't) a real USB mic is the way to go.
    Paranoid? You mean Here It Goes Again. That's a song with a real choreography. :D
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    I'm tempted to bid on that, but my inner "broke college student" mind tells me no.
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    I know there have been tons of threads about the 360 headset and such, and I'm glad they'll be gone for the most part.

But Sean, or anyone really, and this may sound like a stupid question, but will Bluetooth headsets work the same way for the PS3, such as the Jabra BT125 headset that came with my copy of Warhawk. I do want the mic, but I haven't seen this mentioned or answered because lets face it, PS3 owners are a minority here.
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    thank you for telling everyone that you'll support 360 headsets for singing. hopefully I won't have to make 20 posts a day to clear that topic up.
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    My most heartfelt apologies to you masterx1918. You are the winner.

Thanks for clarifying that Sean. Have good travels.
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    I will see you on Saturday, hope you have a good flight...and don't forget anything...
  • TerranovaTerranova Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    Have fun Sean :)
  • edited September 2007
    Thanks for the blurb. Posted on my site.