Gameworks Friday night (TONIGHT!)

edited October 2007 in Announcements
8pm or so. Gameworks in Seattle. 1511 7th Ave (near the convention center). I'll be there ready to play skee-ball, and Heavy Barrel and hangout. Come out if you are in town or close by... or want to cash in some of those free air miles you have been accruing. You need a passport to go to Bermuda now anyways.

Let's do this!

Comments

• JimmikJimmik Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    I wished I lived in Seattle...
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Me too...:(

Have fun guys...buy Sean a beer for me....or whatever his drink of choice is I guess.
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Hoping I can get out of class early and be down there around 8ish...maybe 8:30...
  • ZkDotNetZkDotNet Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    Bummer... I'll be in a hotel just down the street from there tomorrow night. Hopefully I'll be able to make the Portland one.
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited September 2007
    SO! This was the craziest most Awesomely fun night I've had in awhile...I mean there was the group that was there before me with HMXSean (about 6 people or so) which when me and my friends got there ended up being about 12-15 (picking up people who recognized Sean)

Anywho we set a goal to win this crazy prize with the tickets, but it was like 4000 tickets...

long story short with the combined efforts of a few of my friends and everyone else we ended up with somewhere around 10,000...

I'll let Sean post the pictures of everything when he gets a chance, which by the sounds of his schedule would be sometime early next week...oh and everyone got princess wands...
  • tucsonovernitetucsonovernite Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    hmxsean;69552 said:
    I'll be there ready to play skee-ball, and Heavy Barrel and hangout.
    Let's do this!
    If you are referring to Heavy Barrel the arcade game from the late 80's...Dude I used to walk down to the local Thrifty drug store , buy a triple scoop of icecream for like a buck and play Heavy Barrel and Rolling Thunder for hours...Can still hear the voice saying "heavy barrel" when you collect that last piece and start kicking some ass@! my good times good memories...:p
  • edited September 2007
    tucsonovernite;70215 said:
    If you are referring to Heavy Barrel the arcade game from the late 80's...Dude I used to walk down to the local Thrifty drug store , buy a triple scoop of icecream for like a buck and play Heavy Barrel and Rolling Thunder for hours...Can still hear the voice saying "heavy barrel" when you collect that last piece and start kicking some ass@! my good times good memories...:p
    I was referring to that, one of my favorites. I finally beat it a few years ago up at Weirs beach. Awesome!
  • edited September 2007
    PsycoCheerio;70122 said:
    SO! This was the craziest most Awesomely fun night I've had in awhile...I mean there was the group that was there before me with HMXSean (about 6 people or so) which when me and my friends got there ended up being about 12-15 (picking up people who recognized Sean)

Anywho we set a goal to win this crazy prize with the tickets, but it was like 4000 tickets...

long story short with the combined efforts of a few of my friends and everyone else we ended up with somewhere around 10,000...

I'll let Sean post the pictures of everything when he gets a chance, which by the sounds of his schedule would be sometime early next week...oh and everyone got princess wands...
    There were definitely Princess Wands-

And also, as mentioned, we needed to raise 4000 tickets to get one American Flag Guitar Clock - which I deemed to be the most incredibly unattractive and expensive thing on the wall. With a good deal of elbow grease... and beverage... we ended up with enough to get two American guitar clocks and the aforementioned fleet of Princess Wands. I made sure everyone signed the one that will be going up on my office wall but did we do with the other? We gave it to the person we dubbed "most awesome." Who was "most awesome?" X was. Her uncanny ability to hit the jackpot repeatedly on this one game where a light goes around and around quickly racked up the tickets we needed for such glitz. Her guitar got signed by everyone as well and then we posed with out treasures.

Awesomest night ever. I'll post more pics next week of my time out here in Seattle.
  • edited September 2007
    I'm such a sucker for those ticket games myself, I have like 20,000 of them on my Dave and Buster's card. They don't have guitar clocks though. ;)
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    I *need* detailed Baltimore info.

October could not come any sooner. Wait...YES IT COULD!
  • edited September 2007
    Apples;70309 said:
    I'm such a sucker for those ticket games myself, I have like 20,000 of them on my Dave and Buster's card. They don't have guitar clocks though. ;)
    Those damn token games at that place!!! I can't stay away from them either...luckily it's been over a year since we've been there and the closest one is in Rhode Island!

The trick with D&B is to go in, get your card and find a machine that is BROKEN....and by broken I mean spitting tickets out in a steady stream that isn't stopping. The last two times we've gone there we ran every single ticket out of one machine and the second time stood in front of a machine that was jackpotting and only spent $20. I got nearly a whole roll of tickets out of the machine both times. And it helps to be nice to the attendants because if you have a problem with your machine they'll clear the problem and give you a bunch of extra tickets.
  • TheWolf619TheWolf619 Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    Those ticket games are great. Sounds like everyone had a blast, Sean. Unfortunately I can't think of a place like that in San Francisco. In the city anyway.