How many fingers??

srt-8guysrt-8guy Unsigned
edited May 2008 in Rock Band
Im an older guy ( just turned 40 ) but love this gave since it came out..
Really enjoy playing it with my kids ( 12 & 13 ) ..

When I was 12 , I injured my left hand with some fireworks ( firecrackers ) .. I have been unable to play the guitar with all fingers because my last 2 fingers have no feeling in them. I however have adapted to using only my 2 fingers .. for example ... when there is a three note call out , I use 1 finger to hold down 2 buttons..

My buddy who is a musician says its way easier to play with 2 than 4 fingers ... I say ya... ok ..

I am 3/4 the way through on expert with solo tour too.. so I am not too bad I guess

Awaiting your replys..

Thanks in advance

Comments

• sevenduffssevenduffs Opening Act
    edited May 2008
  • BT67BT67 Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    You should look into this thread alot of 30+ people discussing techniques for playing on the harder difficulties.......

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48686&page=18
  • SemperFiSemperFi Rising Star
    edited May 2008
    Have you considered learning to play left handed? Just a thought.
  • SarcastoSarcasto Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    sevenduffs;616205 said:
    29 fingers
    I was expecting someone to say that!

And playing on expert with 2 fingers... impressive.
  • MagurotohimeMagurotohime Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    Wow, impressive~! That's really impressive~!

When I was a little kid, I cut my left hand pretty badly, and had some nerve damage. Because of that, some fingers have awkward movement and I can't stretch them as far as my right hand. After years of practice though (Including real guitar), I'm now able to comfortably play with my left hand, all 4 fingers.

Also, actually last year, I broke my right hand and becuase of it, I have difficulty drawing now, which sucks, becuase I'm an artist. However, I luckily only need my right hand to strum.

I'm just accident prone, I guess!
  • frizzy_bjfrizzy_bj The Love Doctor & General Forum Guru
    edited May 2008
    That is extraordinary, srt-8guy. I can hardly play RB guitar on Medium with all of my fingers! :D

Good job!:)
  • ggdollggdoll Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    I thought the tread was going to explain the song "29 Fingers" but good stuff anyway. 1/2 done expert is good don't care how many finger you have
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited May 2008
    I have the use of all of my fingers on both hands, but can't play expert guitar... great job!
  • RogerTarinRogerTarin Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    nice, do you play online too? what system...so i guess it must be like a beeotch to do triple notes like that last chorus in welcome home, and what about pull offs and hammer ons i mean how do you do it, cant even imagine....
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited May 2008
    ggdoll;616282 said:
    I thought the tread was going to explain the song "29 Fingers"
    What's hard to understand about that song? The lyrics explain it all.

29 fingers, and only 6 are thumbs.

3 band members, normally 10 fingers each, one is missing a finger (but that finger is not a thumb).

Wrote a song about it, like to hear it? Here it goes! :D
  • JimmikJimmik Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    Yea, I'm impressed. Two fingers, that takes skill. I use four :(
  • srt-8guysrt-8guy Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    Thanks guys , I didnt think too much of it really , but appreciate the words.

I will show my friend this thread and give HIM the last laugh..

My Son's best friend is quite excellent and to watch the 100% on expert is really something..

Take care:)
    edited May 2008
    SemperFi;616215 said:
    Have you considered learning to play left handed? Just a thought.
    I am just too unco-ordinated for left anything..
    edited May 2008
    Magurotohime;616275 said:
    Wow, impressive~! That's really impressive~!

When I was a little kid, I cut my left hand pretty badly, and had some nerve damage. Because of that, some fingers have awkward movement and I can't stretch them as far as my right hand. After years of practice though (Including real guitar), I'm now able to comfortably play with my left hand, all 4 fingers.

Also, actually last year, I broke my right hand and becuase of it, I have difficulty drawing now, which sucks, becuase I'm an artist. However, I luckily only need my right hand to strum.

I'm just accident prone, I guess!
    I can relate ...

if any of you youngsters read this ... take it from me " DO NOT PLAY WITH FIREWORKS AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE"

I was in hospital for a whole summer , had numerous surgeries to re-attach the nerves .. plus it made the palm of my hand look like frankensteins ..
    edited May 2008
    RogerTarin;616399 said:
    nice, do you play online too? what system...so i guess it must be like a beeotch to do triple notes like that last chorus in welcome home, and what about pull offs and hammer ons i mean how do you do it, cant even imagine....
    Never really play online .. I have the PS3 .

Mainly use the game for a night of stayin home with friends havin a few drinks and Jammin,,