Rock Blog Tuesday 10/02/07

edited October 2007 in Announcements
I'm still in Seattle! Turns out I will be staying here until Friday to help set up Rock Band to show at the World Cyber Games. Now if it would only stop raining...

Friday night at Gameworks with everyone was killer. I posted a bit about it in one of the threads but basically we earned 10,000 tickets, got ourselves 2 neon American flag guitar clocks (signed by everyone) and a ton of princess wands... I mean manly rock wands... stop judging me. A great night was had by all and i think I made it back to my hotel around 2am, which is 5am when you count jet lag. Awesome.

Saturday saw us at the Evergreen Speedway where I got to see lots of folks out in the cold rain. Psychocheerio was the first to show up and he gave me this-

Which he made at work in his free time (WITH LASERS!) and is one of a kind and will have a position of authority at Harmonix. I've got to hang with him and his crew a few times and they rule and always show a good time in WA. Thanks dude!

As for blogs? We have one from Canfield who is on his way up to Montreal to help with a music conference at McGill with Sandy Pearlman. If you don't know who Sandy Pearlman is look him up and be in awe.

Canfield with ways to tide you over until Black Friday.

Lastly - big huge respect for Harmonix QA who has worked incredibly hard to get this game out the door. They have really put in an amazing amount of hours and work have really done every last one of us proud. Thanks team!

Comments

• Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    PsycoCheerio has too much free time at work.
  • skeltonathskeltonath Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    I'm so disappointed I couldn't make it out to one of the tour days in Seattle :(

That Rockband Logo is awesome! And it really wouldn't take that long to make in a high quality laser engraver, which is what he probably used. We have a laser engraver at our school for the engineering class. It's pretty nifty :D
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Eman311;71997 said:
    PsycoCheerio has too much free time at work.
    I had to draw it up at home, just took about half hour to cut it at work (including set-up and everything)...nothing else to do...

Oh...so I can go play some more if i go to the WCG eh?
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    Just playing around brother, it's pretty damn awesome.
    edited October 2007
    Eman311;72009 said:
    Just playing around brother, it's pretty damn awesome.
    I'm working on making the logos into brushed stainless or something spiffy like that...maybe mirrored...

I gotta make the RB decorations for my room...that way it's one of a kind...
  • edited October 2007
    hmxsean;71995 said:

Lastly - big huge respect for Harmonix QA who has worked incredibly hard to get this game out the door. They have really put in an amazing amount of hours and work have really done every last one of us proud. Thanks team!

When you say "worked" and "out the door" does that mean that the game is out of your hands and on its way to "gold"??
  • edited October 2007
    deathstick;72022 said:
    When you say "worked" and "out the door" does that mean that the game is out of your hands and on its way to "gold"??
    It means they have been busting their butts for months.
  • ZkDotNetZkDotNet Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    I saw Sean and Psyco at Evergreen also.. but I was too busy playing to say hi (too loud to try to talk to anyone anyways... darn rock 'n roll). I figured I'd say hi to Sean when he was in Portland.

Are you (Sean) still going to be here (Portland) Saturday? I plan on hitting the PGE Park stop, although it's a pretty short stop. (and early... rockers don't wake up at 9am)
  • sumboxcar182sumboxcar182 Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    i wasn't able to see you guys last week in seattle but i didn't know that you guys are going to be at the world cyber games. is this going to be the tour bus or something inside of the world cyber games?
  • ZkDotNetZkDotNet Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    sumboxcar182;72067 said:
    i wasn't able to see you guys last week in seattle but i didn't know that you guys are going to be at the world cyber games. is this going to be the tour bus or something inside of the world cyber games?
    I think I can unofficially answer part of this one. They only have one bus for the west coast and it'll be in Oregon. So, they'll probably just have something inside.
    edited October 2007
    ZkDotNet;72071 said:
    I think I can unofficially answer part of this one. They only have one bus for the west coast and it'll be in Oregon. So, they'll probably just have something inside.
    I'm thinking that too, probably similar to the PAX setup, except maybe only one station to play instead of 2 and a solo drum kit...
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    PsycoCheerio;72001 said:
    I had to draw it up at home, just took about half hour to cut it at work (including set-up and everything)...nothing else to do...

Oh...so I can go play some more if i go to the WCG eh?
    Very Cool PsycoCheerio, impressive.

Sounds like you are having a blast Sean.

Great Blog as always! :D
  • edited October 2007
    This one time at QA camp... oh never mind. :)

Having done QA myself, I can only imagine trying to go through everything on a project of this scope... especially with the need to get it right the first time. Hard to impossible to patch after the fact.
  • TonemanToneman Unsigned
    edited October 2007
    So you're gonna be at the game? I suppose this means I'll need tickets to get into the game to be able to play. Or maybe I'll just hit up Corvallis on Friday.
  • HMXQualityControlHMXQualityControl Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2007
    Apples;72091 said:

Having done QA myself, I can only imagine trying to go through everything on a project of this scope... especially with the need to get it right the first time. Hard to impossible to patch after the fact.

It's a really big game, that's for sure. Bigger than sliced bread! In fact, one of our test cases involved taking two discs of the game and a jar of peanut butter and...well, that feature was eventually cut. But Smidget's still holding out for the Vegemite option.
  • edited October 2007
    It is just one setup at the Microsoft booth inside the WCG, not the truck.

Also of note- I won't be joining the truck tour for the Corvallis dates as I will still be in Seattle. Have fun there, though!
  • BitGravyBitGravy Unsigned
    edited October 2007
    Sean, do you know if Rock Band will be set up for the entire length of the Cyber Games (Thursday to Sunday)? Just trying to decide when to head down there, as free tickets seem to be raining down on me. I'm pretty sure I have an addiction after both the UW and Monroe tours.

Edit: I think my account is broken. Whenever I login it tells me its successful, but then sends me back to the login screen saying I'm still not logged in. I can post, but cant check messages or change my profile whatsoever. Maybe I'll just make a new account.

PsycoCheerio, I cant get your message. If you could email me at phoenix0608 at comcast dot net, that'd be awesome.
  • Young_NastymanYoung_Nastyman Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    ZkDotNet;72027 said:
    rockers don't wake up at 9am)
    damn right...we wake up at the crack of noon
  • bassmasta93bassmasta93 Unsigned
    edited October 2007
    I'm So Pissed That Theres No Bass Career Mode!!!!!!