PS3 Expert Players Thread - Post here if you play anything on expert

Comments

• ShenronEXShenronEX Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    trg007;658214 said:
    OK, who already has "Hysteria" and wants to play tonight? If you can only get one song it should be that one. :)

Regarding the DLC sharing, I'm not sure why Sony is so relaxed (allowing 5 machines at a time) but I still feel it's morally wrong to allow others to download for free what you paid for. The bands that made the songs, and the folks at HMX who put them in the game deserve to be paid for the work they do.
    It's worse that burning your own games or hacking them! I know a lot of people who do it too. If I have to start paying 70 dollars for PS3 games I'm giving people some names.
  • papasmurf427papasmurf427 Rising Star
    edited May 2008
    Yea, Don't share the DLC. It's not that expensive!

I'd like to play tonight, but the GF is coming over - she may or may not want to play, and probably won't want to play online.

I wonder how my downstairs neighbors feel about late night drum sessions...
    edited May 2008
    papasmurf427;659494 said:

I'd like to play tonight, but the GF is coming over - she may or may not want to play, and probably won't want to play online.

They can hear you're drum playing from downstairs?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;659431 said:
    I actually wanted to play Highway star on my turn as Guitar but you guys weren't up for it so I went to the next available song you guys did wanted to play. It was too bad it was my turn to be the guitar. I wanted to play bass on Hysteria.
    Haha, I think this will be the one song where Bass is the more desired role. Was hoping you'd want to sing it too (but then I'd be on Medium of course :)).
    ShenronEX;659431 said:
    It's worse that burning your own games or hacking them! I know a lot of people who do it too. If I have to start paying 70 dollars for PS3 games I'm giving people some names.
    Maybe I'm just really tired but I'm not sure if you agree or disagree with my view that it's immoral. Clarification? Sorry, lol.
  • DDRFreaK621DDRFreaK621 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    Sorry I didn't get to play with you guys last night (specifically nashphx13z...the guitar crapped out on the instrument selection screen which is why we didn't go anywhere). My guitar that I JUST got to replace the broken guitar that I JUST got right before that one now has a whammy bar that doesn't work and it keeps cutting in and out with connectivity.
    So I'm gonna go to Best Buy once again to exchange my second defective new guitar for a third probably defective new guitar.

Anyhow, I'll try to get on for about an hour or so tonight around 9.
  • riginalriginal Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    On Guitar I'm ranked ~430 on the leaderboards , last I checked anyway. I suck at GG&HT though only ~88%. I've Gold Starred most of the songs through Highway Star.

On Drums I was ranked ~700 last I checked. I think my highest percentage on WGFA was 96%.

My usual percentage on songs is hard to say because of the wide variety of difficulty. I pull in 98%+ on all but a few songs.

I have 150 songs, and when I play online its usually in the morning. My PSN id is dvdad.
    edited May 2008
    trg007;659634 said:
    Haha, I think this will be the one song where Bass is the more desired role. Was hoping you'd want to sing it too (but then I'd be on Medium of course :)).

Maybe I'm just really tired but I'm not sure if you agree or disagree with my view that it's immoral. Clarification? Sorry, lol.
    I think it's morally wrong too. I think people should buy their own stuff.
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;660020 said:
    I think it's morally wrong too. I think people should buy their own stuff.
    Honestly Microsoft should've been the ones allowing multiple authorized consoles, given their failure rate. I've had two 360's red ring on me. :mad:
    edited May 2008
    trg007;660051 said:
    Honestly Microsoft should've been the ones allowing multiple authorized consoles, given their failure rate. I've had two 360's red ring on me. :mad:
    I've only had one 360 fail on me. I don't use it anymore. Only for 360 games. I have 360 fanboy friends wondering why Playstation hasn't released a 120 GB PS3, and wondering how they were going to compete with the 120 GB the X-box has.

1) You can take out any hard drive you want and replace it with any size hard drive you want.

2) They're already competing by offering a system with a less than 1 percent failure rate.
  • DarkJ3JBDarkJ3JB Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    I play Expert Guitar/Drums/Vocals/Bass.

The only one I never fail songs or need help on is Guitar/Bass.

But I can play Expert on all 4.
    edited May 2008
    papasmurf427;659494 said:

They've never complained. But I just assumed that they can hear some kind of banging - though they probably don't recognize it as drumming :)
    edited May 2008
    DDRFreaK621;659798 said:
    Sorry I didn't get to play with you guys last night (specifically nashphx13z...the guitar crapped out on the instrument selection screen which is why we didn't go anywhere). My guitar that I JUST got to replace the broken guitar that I JUST got right before that one now has a whammy bar that doesn't work and it keeps cutting in and out with connectivity.
    So I'm gonna go to Best Buy once again to exchange my second defective new guitar for a third probably defective new guitar.

I got my TAC adapter in the mail last night. Works like a charm, so far. I just have to get used to being wired again lol.

I need to pick up a ps2 extender cable.
  • souhei719souhei719 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    trg007;659634 said:
    Haha, I think this will be the one song [Hysteria] where Bass is the more desired role. Was hoping you'd want to sing it too (but then I'd be on Medium of course :)).
    Geez I just tried this on bass. Holy hell, my hands don't even move that much during GG&HT. My hand started cramping only after a minute, so I stopped. Going to have to try again though.
  • nashphx13znashphx13z Super Star
    edited May 2008
    Hey, everyone. Just a few quick questions about the TAC Adapter.
    1) Can I use my Guitar Hero guitar on Rock Band?
    2) Can I play my old Guitar Hero games on the PS3 using the Guitar Hero Guitar?
    3) Do they sell it anywhere other than at the TAC website? http://store.theantcommandos.com/product-p/gtr-ps3-adpt.htm

It's only $20, so it seems like a good investment, especially because I'd like to send my PS2 up to my cabin while still being able to play Guitar Hero with a guitar controller at home on my PS3 (I don't own GH3 for the PS3, but I have it for PS2). It'd be good to hear everyone's opinion on this. :)
    edited May 2008
    DDRFreaK621;659798 said:

Dude, it's totally okay. Right after I left the instrument selection screen, someone else invited me. I'm going to be on in the early afternoon today, probably until 5 o'clock CST. After that, I'm leaving for a HUGE Memorial Weekend party at my cabin. My neighbor up there is so fine. ;) Too bad I have no internet connection (or PS3) at my cabin...Anyways, I'll probably be online on Monday afternoon/evening, as well. See you guys later!
    edited May 2008
    nashphx13z;660756 said:
    Dude, it's totally okay. Right after I left the instrument selection screen, someone else invited me. I'm going to be on in the early afternoon today, probably until 5 o'clock CST. After that, I'm leaving for a HUGE Memorial Weekend party at my cabin. My neighbor up there is so fine. ;) Too bad I have no internet connection (or PS3) at my cabin...Anyways, I'll probably be online on Monday afternoon/evening, as well. See you guys later!
    You mean you're not taking the PS3 and RB with you so you can show everyone your mad singing skillz? ;)

Monday we play! No work. :D
    edited May 2008
    trg007;660781 said:
    You mean you're not taking the PS3 and RB with you so you can show everyone your mad singing skillz? ;)

Monday we play! No work. :D
    Sadly, no, I'm not gonna show them my mad singing skillz. :D I had a bad experience with bringing video game systems up to my cabin. A while back, I had my PS2 up there and my friend had his controller cord blocking the way from the living room to the entry. My dad walked in while I was changing a disc, tripped on the cord, and the PS2 landed on my back (I have the scar to prove it). I had to pay $50 to get it fixed. Before that, my PS1 decided to fall off the shelf it was on totally randomly. It didn't break, though. And I know that the PS3 controllers are wireless and all, but that's not the only reason I won't bring it up there. You see, the roads are REALLY bumpy and made out of gravel...and I'm sure that didn't help my PS2's case.

Sorry for writing that novel. :D See you on Monday!
    edited May 2008
    On tonight as always.

I'm going to be on tonight so if anyone wants to play just message me. I probably won't be play Rock Band but some other games I've been neglecting these past few weeks, like Grand Theft Auto or Condemened.
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;661475 said:
    On tonight as always.

I'm going to be on tonight so if anyone wants to play just message me. I probably won't be play Rock Band but some other games I've been neglecting these past few weeks, like Grand Theft Auto or Condemened.
    How dare you neglect Grand Theft Auto...I wish I could get that game :(
    Just kidding, have fun. I won't be on till Monday afternoon.
    edited May 2008
    My brother keeps saying he wants to get GTA4 but I told him he'd have to get his own PS3 because mine is in constant use for Rock Band. :D
  • Colo-LyonColo-Lyon Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    I just noticed I'm actually ranked 245 on the guitar leaderboards :D
    edited May 2008
    trg007;661883 said:
    My brother keeps saying he wants to get GTA4 but I told him he'd have to get his own PS3 because mine is in constant use for Rock Band. :D
    I noticed this was the only game I've seen you play...

But you have Guitar Hero 3 for PS3, correct?
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;662157 said:
    I noticed this was the only game I've seen you play...

But you have Guitar Hero 3 for PS3, correct?
    Yeah, I haven't felt the need to buy a new game at all since I got into the whole music game thing. These games have great replay value because of the music aspect. Usually I will play a game for maybe a month and then not go back to it for a long time, if at all after I've beaten it.
    edited May 2008
    trg007;662278 said:
    Yeah, I haven't felt the need to buy a new game at all since I got into the whole music game thing. These games have great replay value because of the music aspect. Usually I will play a game for maybe a month and then not go back to it for a long time, if at all after I've beaten it.
    Yes, I hate games with no replay value. That's why I stopped the whole Wii thing. All the games I bought for the Wii were: 1) Too boring, 2) Too pointless 3) Had no replay value. Which is why I sold every Wii game I could find in my house at Gamestop and bought two PS3 games which still play now (when I'm not playing with you guys of course).

I own a lot of games with replay value. The main problem is when am I going to find the time to play them all and when am I going to find the right time to play with my friends.

All I know is, come June 12th you might find it a little hard to find a bandmate for Rock Band, Ted lol.
    edited May 2008
    Why, what's happening on June 12 that I'm missing?

This? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_4:_Guns_of_the_Patriots
    edited May 2008
    trg007;662410 said:
    Why, what's happening on June 12 that I'm missing?

This? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_4:_Guns_of_the_Patriots
    SNAAAAKKKKEEE! LOL.

Yeah, that's it. A worldwide release on June 12.
    edited May 2008
    Perhaps I have found the game that will take me away from Rock Band...lol.
    edited May 2008
    trg007;662462 said:
    Perhaps I have found the game that will take me away from Rock Band...lol.
    Would be interesting to see a different game notice under your game tag.

GTA4 was good and kept a few Rock Band players at bay but has nothing compared to MGS4.
    edited May 2008
    Bumping...
    edited May 2008
    Now that it's out in Europe this forum will be more active with all the UK players. So our thread will have a harder time staying alive. :(