PS3 Expert Players Thread - Post here if you play anything on expert

nashphx13znashphx13z Super Star
edited November 2013 in Playstation 3
The purpose of this thread is to help PS3 expert players to meet each other more easily. As you can see by the poll (and the fact that it actually did get stickied), it can be a very helpful resource for players to meet friends near the same skill level as them, find bandmates, or just for scoping out the competition. Make sure to follow the guidelines when posting!

[CENTER]The Basics of This Thread
- Find people to do online quickplay with
- Find people to do the Band World Tour with
- Find Scorehero bands
- Find people to score duel against

Posting Guidelines

Make sure to list your PSN, amount of DLC owned, and if you imported your Rock Band 1 songs

Guitar and Bass - State your preference, normal percentage (just guess), Green Grass and High Tides percentage, Panic Attack (or Visions) percentage, your PSN, number of DLC owned, and your rank (rank is optional)

Drums - State your normal percentage, Won't Get Fooled Again or Run to the Hills percentage, Painkiller or Panic Attack percentage, your PSN, number of DLC owned, and your rank (rank is optional)

Vocals - State your normal percentage, Tangled Up in Blue or Chop Suey percentage, your PSN, number of DLC owned, and your rank (rank is optional)[/CENTER]

Note: Some songs listed to show your skill level are from the original Rock Band, which some players may not have. If you do not have RB1, you don't need to put a score down for these songs.

Me:
Imported RB1 songs, around 300 DLC
Guitar: 97%+ on most songs - GG&HT % = 95
Bass: Generally the same as guitar, but maybe a little higher percentage sometimes
Drums: 90%+ on most songs - WGFA % = 91 - 1/3/09, I got 92% sightread on Painkiller
Vocals: 90%+ on songs I know; able to pass songs I am not familiar with (I don't sing much) - I have yet to sing hard RB2 songs

*Note: I haven't played Rock Band in years and I'm on a different PSN account now, so if you send me a friend request don't feel bad when I don't accept it!

Comments

• toMsons1987toMsons1987 Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    I get 81-84 percent (GGHT), but I never fail in the song. Only when my hands are greasy from fries, like Trg007 witnessed. So embarassing lossing at a song I haven't lost in a long time. Even worse is setting new all time lows, laMe!

But Thrasher is by far harder, only 74% in it. That's a doozie for me, I don't get the timing of the notes.. It's like creep, but faster and I dunno. I dislike it! I can't beat Ride the Lightning yet, I get to the later end of the solo and start f***ing up really, really badly..
  • emollamasemollamas Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    YO!!! I play bass on expert. average percentile is 97^ can gold star and/or FC most every song on the set list with the exception of RTTH, Flirtin with disaster, and GGHT. I have between 70-80 % of the DLC. For the most part I only buy the songs I like although I ended up with a few others anyway. Such as the metallica pack (blackend is the devil) anywhos, I can also play expert guitar if need be and still hit mid to high 90's but am enjoying working on bass for now. I'm on just about every night between 5-10 pm CST. Now for the big "but." For some reason my connection to the PSN is restricted (NAT3) which means there are alot of folks I cant connect with as toMsons can confirm. I will be purchasing an N-type router in the next few days and am hopeful that between that and the upgrades that rockband central has planned for the server, the issue will soon be resolved. But, in the mean time consider yourselves warned, add me at your own risk.
  • TralcaveTralcave Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    emollamas;643873 said:
    YO!!! I play bass on expert. average percentile is 97^ can gold star and/or FC most every song on the set list with the exception of RTTH, Flirtin with disaster, and GGHT. I have between 70-80 % of the DLC. For the most part I only buy the songs I like although I ended up with a few others anyway. Such as the metallica pack (blackend is the devil) anywhos, I can also play expert guitar if need be and still hit mid to high 90's but am enjoying working on bass for now. I'm on just about every night between 5-10 pm CST. Now for the big "but." For some reason my connection to the PSN is restricted (NAT3) which means there are alot of folks I cant connect with as toMsons can confirm. I will be purchasing an N-type router in the next few days and am hopeful that between that and the upgrades that rockband central has planned for the server, the issue will soon be resolved. But, in the mean time consider yourselves warned, add me at your own risk.

Nice man :) Hopefully we can play together soon then.

I basicly wanted to say that I'm a expert Singer with a lot of DLCs. Cant say my average %'age, because it varies a lot. Im good at tons of songs, but songs like Sabotage / Should I Stay Or Should I go.... I mean, wtf.. I just cant figure them out. I can fc a lot of songs and besides the minority of songs that I suck at, I get 97-100%

If you wanna play, please add LeTaco. I'll be buying a lot of the new songs thursday, ect. Countdown To Insanity, Pleymo, Hier Kommt Alex, Perfekte Welle, Hysteria and ill probably be practicing them. So if you're up, add LeTaco

EDIT: I think I'm around rank 170 on boards. Still getting better, aint done with my career yet :)
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited May 2008
    toMsons1987;643794 said:
    I get 81-84 percent (GGHT), but I never fail in the song. Only when my hands are greasy from fries, like Trg007 witnessed. So embarassing lossing at a song I haven't lost in a long time. Even worse is setting new all time lows, laMe!
    You've always got some kind of excuse for "lossing" at a video game. :D

Edit: PS: I wanna see you do this: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bCpaLU2x41E
  • ShenronEXShenronEX Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    I'd get that score two if I actually strum those parts he is strumming. I'm not good at regular strumming anymore. I have to double strum if I want to strum things like that, but I have a higher chance of missing unless I have a click strummer like the Les Paul...
  • DDRFreaK621DDRFreaK621 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    I already have you added as a buddy, but I'll post here for others to see. Just switched from PS2

Guitar/Bass - 95%-100%
    Drums (preference) - 97%-99%
    Vocals - 90% (I could easily raise this if I actually bothered to learn the vocal parts of the songs)

PSN is jR1P

*EDIT* Forgot to mention I have the Boston, Metallica, Judas Priest, and Oasis packs, and I have both Rush songs. Please let me know if there are any others that I should seriously consider getting.
  • HokonosoHokonoso Rising Star
    edited May 2008
    I'd say I'm an expert Bassist, GGaHT 97%+ on average, every other song around 100% :P I hate playing non DLC songs though so dont play with me if you plan to play the original stuff. I play guitar well (98%+ most songs) but i hate how it sounds compared to bass so i tend to play bass more. I have most DLC but probably only played half of em cause I just got too many to even try to play em all or even tell which ones I have or haven't played.

Also replaying songs on bass to see if I can re-FC them all while only up-strumming! some songs require alt-strumming but the rest i can FC without much problems, actually feels like I'm playing bass for real! Also I can pass blackened on both guitar and bass without much problems, for bass it's easy, for lead solo A is a bitch and requires some OD love but the rest of the song is easy :P

PSN is Bisuto
    edited May 2008
    DDRFreaK621;644837 said:
    I already have you added as a buddy, but I'll post here for others to see. Just switched from PS2

Guitar/Bass - 95%-100%
    Drums (preference) - 97%-99%
    Vocals - 90% (I could easily raise this if I actually bothered to learn the vocal parts of the songs)

PSN is jR1P

*EDIT* Forgot to mention I have the Boston, Metallica, Judas Priest, and Oasis packs, and I have both Rush songs. Please let me know if there are any others that I should seriously consider getting.
    How about the Thrasher pack! =)
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;645125 said:
    How about the Thrasher pack! =)
    Sounds good. I'll get it tonight.

BTW...whereabouts in NYC do you live? I'm looking to move up there this summer. My g/f is a student at Pace, so I'm looking at mid-downtown Manhattan or perhaps west Brooklyn. I've heard there are a few bars and lounges that do Rock Band nights...definitely looking forward to that.
    edited May 2008
    DDRFreaK621;645145 said:

BTW...whereabouts in NYC do you live? I'm looking to move up there this summer. My g/f is a student at Pace, so I'm looking at mid-downtown Manhattan or perhaps west Brooklyn. I've heard there are a few bars and lounges that do Rock Band nights...definitely looking forward to that.
    Alright! Trg is afriad of that pack for some reason so I've never seen it in a full band.

I live in Brooklyn, but I go to school right near the brigde. Only one trainstop away from Pace.
    edited May 2008
    DDRFreaK621;645145 said:

Sorry...I guess this is kinda off topic :o
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;645165 said:
    Alright! Trg is afriad of that pack for some reason so I've never seen it in a full band.
    HAHA, well now I'm a little afraid. Not gonna stop me from trying, but still. I actually haven't beaten Green Grass on expert yet. My PS2 couldn't keep up with the game when there were that many notes, and I'm too lazy to try and go through single player now that I have the PS3. Also...practice mode on the PS2 SUCKS!!! It wont let you run sections in full speed, so I couldn't practice the end on the song (which is the ONLY part I have any issues with). Anyhow, I've played guitar on a few Boston and Metallica songs on the PS3 now and I gotta admit there's a HUGE difference in playability. I love it. Definitely looking forward to drumming and thrashing (and maybe singing) with all you guys.
    edited May 2008
    DDRFreaK621;645193 said:
    HAHA, well now I'm a little afraid. Not gonna stop me from trying, but still. I actually haven't beaten Green Grass on expert yet. My PS2 couldn't keep up with the game when there were that many notes, and I'm too lazy to try and go through single player now that I have the PS3. Also...practice mode on the PS2 SUCKS!!! It wont let you run sections in full speed, so I couldn't practice the end on the song (which is the ONLY part I have any issues with). Anyhow, I've played guitar on a few Boston and Metallica songs on the PS3 now and I gotta admit there's a HUGE difference in playability. I love it. Definitely looking forward to drumming and thrashing (and maybe singing) with all you guys.
    The Thrasher pack isn't all that bad. The only song you'll have trouble with Trasher (the actually song). At first the solo will throw you off but the you'll get use to it. The Second solo is easier.
    edited May 2008
    Actually, on drums, the only song he will have trouble with is Blinded By Fear (hint, hint...).

Maybe I'll just download the dang pack, but first I'm going to go over to Scorehero's vocals forums and see what the deal is with the "vocals" on these "songs". ;)

PS We're getting The Cars next week.
    edited May 2008
    BAH!! Now I'm excited to get home and try out these songs. To be honest, I failed one of the songs in the Metallica pack on drums. I don't remember which one it was now, but it's the one that's really fast at the beginning. Kinda took me by surprise and knocked me off my pedestal :(. I'm really hoping to get to play with you guys. I'm gonna try to get on around 630 EST this evening.
    edited May 2008
    DDRFreaK621;645536 said:
    BAH!! Now I'm excited to get home and try out these songs. To be honest, I failed one of the songs in the Metallica pack on drums. I don't remember which one it was now, but it's the one that's really fast at the beginning. Kinda took me by surprise and knocked me off my pedestal :(. I'm really hoping to get to play with you guys. I'm gonna try to get on around 630 EST this evening.
    That would probably be Blackened. :D I don't get home from work until around 9:00 your time, so hopefully you're still online then.
    edited May 2008
    trg007;645563 said:
    That would probably be Blackened. :D I don't get home from work until around 9:00 your time, so hopefully you're still online then.
    Yeah....that rings a bell. *stabs fork in eye*
    I'll try to be on around 9. The g/f's coming over, so she'll wanna play some Boston for sure.
    edited May 2008
    What instrument does she play?

(We've totally taken over nashphx13z's thread, lol.)
    edited May 2008
    trg007;645595 said:

She's not really a player. She just jams on medium with the guitar and drums or hard/expert on vocals depending on whether or not she knows the song. She probably won't want to play more than a couple. We'll more than likely end up watching some movies or watching Death Note or something. (Just so you know...I hate anime, but Death Note is amazing. I highly recommend it.)
    If I don't make it on around 9 then we'll just have to play some other time. I'm usually free at night after 8 or so depending on what day it is.

We totally have taken over the thread. Sorry nashphx13z. It wasn't intentional, I swear.
  • nashphx13znashphx13z Super Star
    edited May 2008
    trg007;645595 said:

Yeah, nice job, guys. :) I think all of you are on my friends list by now (most of you already were...). So, tonight I'm thinking that trg007, ShenronEX, and jr1p, and I should jam for a little while. If ShenronEX doesn't answer, I'll invite you, toMsons.
    If you guys wanna just chat, I can start a thread for us...it's way easier than PSN messaging, obviously. Or someone else can start one, I don't care.
    SO STOP TAKING OVER THIS THREAD!!! LOL :D

If you haven't already added me...
    PSN: nashphx13z
    Expert Guitar...that's it...you know what I play...Oh, and I'm going to go over some songs in Solo Tour so I can build my rank. I think I'm like 250 right now...
    edited May 2008
    nashphx13z;645688 said:
    Yeah, nice job, guys. :) I think all of you are on my friends list by now (most of you already were...). So, tonight I'm thinking that trg007, ShenronEX, and jr1p, and I should jam for a little while. If ShenronEX doesn't answer, I'll invite you, toMsons.
    If you guys wanna just chat, I can start a thread for us...it's way easier than PSN messaging, obviously. Or someone else can start one, I don't care.

Expert Guitar...that's it...you know what I play...Oh, and I'm going to go over some songs in Solo Tour so I can build my rank. I think I'm like 250 right now...
    I'm so tempted to do solo tour stuff to see how I actually rank up...but I'm just too damn lazy.

Anyhow...I'll get on when I get home tonight and keep an eye on my invites.
    edited May 2008
    nashphx13z;645688 said:

But first, you and me, Green Grass & High Tides (no other bandmates to save you, lol). As for messaging, we can use the system on here - if you click on someone's name and view their Rocker Profile, there's a "send message" link. I'm always checking the boards while I'm at work (easy job, lol) so if you send me a message here I'll get it during the day, PSN messages I don't get until I get home at 6PM.

P.S. Does anyone here sing? I'm looking for someone to play against (score duel) that's a bit more of a challenge than "a certain person who has posted and talked trash in this thread". :)
  • hockeynutzhockeynutz Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    Hey I can play mostly everything on expert, but my preference is guitar or bass(mostly guitar 95%ish). I beat every song on guitar except GGAHT, but I can do it in band with the right people. My PSN is hockeynutz, I have some DLC(mostly classic rock) and my overall rank is 9,482<----really need to make better.

Accomplishments: ranked 6th on PSN with Roxanne(guitar)
    CrushCrushCrush ranked 26th
    Time we Had ranked 20th
    All FC's

So if you wanna add me, add me.:D
    edited May 2008
    trg007;645771 said:
    P.S. Does anyone here sing? I'm looking for someone to play against (score duel) that's a bit more of a challenge than "a certain person who has posted and talked trash in this thread". :)
    Yeah...I know who you're talking about. "Vulgar language" LOL. ;) *cough*toMsons*cough*. Who said that?!?! By the way, I forgot to tell you I'm an expert vocalist. JK, but I have been told that I'm a good singer...let's hope that carries on in Rock Band.
    Hard Drums
    and ? Vocals...We'll see, trg
    edited May 2008
    nashphx13z;646109 said:
    Yeah...I know who you're talking about. "Vulgar language" LOL. ;) *cough*toMsons*cough*. Who said that?!?! By the way, I forgot to tell you I'm an expert vocalist. JK, but I have been told that I'm a good singer...let's hope that carries on in Rock Band.
    I'm actually a vocalist. Studied vocal performance in college. Mostly I like to sing jazz or alternative rock (Incubus-ish stuff for example). I'm a baritone, so some of the higher vocal tracks (ie. almost every song in the game!) are a bit uncomfortable, but I can still do a very large amount without issue. However, I've found that Rock Band doesn't give you any leeway to sing with any personal stylistic interpretation. One song I've really noticed this on is Learn to Fly. I've been a Foo Fighters fan for years, and so I kind of know every single little inflection and glissando in the vocals for that song. Sadly they weren't put in Rock Band completely to a tee, so I find myself missing lines and losing points because Rock Band wants me to sing almost everything with a straight tone. It's very annoying. Another problem I've found with vocals (very apparent in Black Hole Sun and Vaseline) is that the programmers of Rock Band have placed the vocal lines just a bit ahead of the beat, which leaves very little room for non-tonal consonants and tends to cause you to jump the gun on some lines. I was singing Vaseline with a friend of mine and he was complaining that I was constantly ahead of the beat, which I was intentionally doing because I wasn't hitting the lines otherwise, and he also agreed that the vocal tracks were not spot on after he sang (he's a vocalist also). Now these issues with the vocal tracks are more apparent in the PS2 version simply because of the lack of power in the machine itself, but I still notice it even with the PS3.
    edited May 2008
    School will be over in 3 weeks, so I'll have WWWAAAYYY more time to play my PS3. I'm not online very much right now (even though I'm always signed in). Just thought I'd let ya know! :D Later...
    edited May 2008
    DDRFreaK621;646198 said:
    I'm actually a vocalist. Studied vocal performance in college. Mostly I like to sing jazz or alternative rock (Incubus-ish stuff for example). I'm a baritone, so some of the higher vocal tracks (ie. almost every song in the game!) are a bit uncomfortable, but I can still do a very large amount without issue. However, I've found that Rock Band doesn't give you any leeway to sing with any personal stylistic interpretation. One song I've really noticed this on is Learn to Fly. I've been a Foo Fighters fan for years, and so I kind of know every single little inflection and glissando in the vocals for that song. Sadly they weren't put in Rock Band completely to a tee, so I find myself missing lines and losing points because Rock Band wants me to sing almost everything with a straight tone. It's very annoying. Another problem I've found with vocals (very apparent in Black Hole Sun and Vaseline) is that the programmers of Rock Band have placed the vocal lines just a bit ahead of the beat, which leaves very little room for non-tonal consonants and tends to cause you to jump the gun on some lines. I was singing Vaseline with a friend of mine and he was complaining that I was constantly ahead of the beat, which I was intentionally doing because I wasn't hitting the lines otherwise, and he also agreed that the vocal tracks were not spot on after he sang (he's a vocalist also). Now these issues with the vocal tracks are more apparent in the PS2 version simply because of the lack of power in the machine itself, but I still notice it even with the PS3.
    Wow, we've gone all over the place with the discussion in this thread. :) I feel ya on the issues with vocals in this game and I was dissapointed when I started singing on expert and realized I have to sound like a robot and that humming yields better results than actually singing due to consonant sounds.

As for the timing, this can be somewhat alleviated by moving your A/V calibration setting (1st one with the left>right target) farther to the right, but this is obviously a no-no if you're singing and have someone playing drums or guitar with you. My "actual" calibration setting is 70ms but when all I'm doing is vocals, I move it to 110ms. When I want to play drums I set it back (though one time I forgot, ask Shenron, lol). I still start a little ahead of the vocal track but it doesn't seem so far off. I was able to FC "Epic" this way and got a couple of short-lived 1st place scores on some songs that are now 2nd places. LOL

Anyway, if you or nashphx13z want to play some one-on-one vocals matches let me know. ;)
  • hardeighthardeight Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    Drummer- expert

Wont get fooled again- 94%

DLC-20

ID-mildsauce14
    edited May 2008
    hardeight;646810 said:
    Drummer- expert

Wont get fooled again- 94%

DLC-20

ID-mildsauce14
    I'll add you now
  • CronosCronos Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    I play mainly guitar and can usually get about 90-100% on all expert songs except for, Green Grass and High Tides, Train kept a Rollin', Run to the Hills and Pleasure(Pleasure). Those songs I can pass and do decent on except for Green Grass and High Tides where I usually fail around 90-96%. No DLC sadly, I would buy some buy my parents won't do so. I just deal with it. Add me if you wanna jam :). I can also play drums too. I can't do many songs on expert, my best ones are GG&HT and Enter Sandman.

PSN - Cronos505