PS3 Expert Players Thread - Post here if you play anything on expert

Comments

  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited May 2008
    What instrument does she play?

    (We've totally taken over nashphx13z's thread, lol.)
  • DDRFreaK621DDRFreaK621 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    trg007;645595 said:
    What instrument does she play?

    (We've totally taken over nashphx13z's thread, lol.)
    She's not really a player. She just jams on medium with the guitar and drums or hard/expert on vocals depending on whether or not she knows the song. She probably won't want to play more than a couple. We'll more than likely end up watching some movies or watching Death Note or something. (Just so you know...I hate anime, but Death Note is amazing. I highly recommend it.)
    If I don't make it on around 9 then we'll just have to play some other time. I'm usually free at night after 8 or so depending on what day it is.

    We totally have taken over the thread. Sorry nashphx13z. It wasn't intentional, I swear.
  • nashphx13znashphx13z Super Star
    edited May 2008
    trg007;645595 said:
    What instrument does she play?

    (We've totally taken over nashphx13z's thread, lol.)
    Yeah, nice job, guys. :) I think all of you are on my friends list by now (most of you already were...). So, tonight I'm thinking that trg007, ShenronEX, and jr1p, and I should jam for a little while. If ShenronEX doesn't answer, I'll invite you, toMsons.
    If you guys wanna just chat, I can start a thread for us...it's way easier than PSN messaging, obviously. Or someone else can start one, I don't care.
    SO STOP TAKING OVER THIS THREAD!!! LOL :D

    If you haven't already added me...
    PSN: nashphx13z
    Expert Guitar...that's it...you know what I play...Oh, and I'm going to go over some songs in Solo Tour so I can build my rank. I think I'm like 250 right now...
  • DDRFreaK621DDRFreaK621 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    nashphx13z;645688 said:
    Yeah, nice job, guys. :) I think all of you are on my friends list by now (most of you already were...). So, tonight I'm thinking that trg007, ShenronEX, and jr1p, and I should jam for a little while. If ShenronEX doesn't answer, I'll invite you, toMsons.
    If you guys wanna just chat, I can start a thread for us...it's way easier than PSN messaging, obviously. Or someone else can start one, I don't care.
    SO STOP TAKING OVER THIS THREAD!!! LOL :D

    If you haven't already added me...
    PSN: nashphx13z
    Expert Guitar...that's it...you know what I play...Oh, and I'm going to go over some songs in Solo Tour so I can build my rank. I think I'm like 250 right now...
    I'm so tempted to do solo tour stuff to see how I actually rank up...but I'm just too damn lazy.

    Anyhow...I'll get on when I get home tonight and keep an eye on my invites.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited May 2008
    nashphx13z;645688 said:
    Yeah, nice job, guys. :) I think all of you are on my friends list by now (most of you already were...). So, tonight I'm thinking that trg007, ShenronEX, and jr1p, and I should jam for a little while. If ShenronEX doesn't answer, I'll invite you, toMsons.
    If you guys wanna just chat, I can start a thread for us...it's way easier than PSN messaging, obviously. Or someone else can start one, I don't care.
    SO STOP TAKING OVER THIS THREAD!!! LOL :D

    If you haven't already added me...
    PSN: nashphx13z
    Expert Guitar...that's it...you know what I play...Oh, and I'm going to go over some songs in Solo Tour so I can build my rank. I think I'm like 250 right now...
    But first, you and me, Green Grass & High Tides (no other bandmates to save you, lol). As for messaging, we can use the system on here - if you click on someone's name and view their Rocker Profile, there's a "send message" link. I'm always checking the boards while I'm at work (easy job, lol) so if you send me a message here I'll get it during the day, PSN messages I don't get until I get home at 6PM.

    P.S. Does anyone here sing? I'm looking for someone to play against (score duel) that's a bit more of a challenge than "a certain person who has posted and talked trash in this thread". :)
  • hockeynutzhockeynutz Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    Hey I can play mostly everything on expert, but my preference is guitar or bass(mostly guitar 95%ish). I beat every song on guitar except GGAHT, but I can do it in band with the right people. My PSN is hockeynutz, I have some DLC(mostly classic rock) and my overall rank is 9,482<----really need to make better.

    Accomplishments: ranked 6th on PSN with Roxanne(guitar)
    CrushCrushCrush ranked 26th
    Time we Had ranked 20th
    All FC's

    So if you wanna add me, add me.:D
  • nashphx13znashphx13z Super Star
    edited May 2008
    trg007;645771 said:
    P.S. Does anyone here sing? I'm looking for someone to play against (score duel) that's a bit more of a challenge than "a certain person who has posted and talked trash in this thread". :)
    Yeah...I know who you're talking about. "Vulgar language" LOL. ;) *cough*toMsons*cough*. Who said that?!?! By the way, I forgot to tell you I'm an expert vocalist. JK, but I have been told that I'm a good singer...let's hope that carries on in Rock Band.
    _______________
    PSN: nashphx13z
    Expert Guitar and Bass
    Rank: 250 and increasing (don't play much Solo Tour)
    Hard Drums
    and ? Vocals...We'll see, trg
  • DDRFreaK621DDRFreaK621 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    nashphx13z;646109 said:
    Yeah...I know who you're talking about. "Vulgar language" LOL. ;) *cough*toMsons*cough*. Who said that?!?! By the way, I forgot to tell you I'm an expert vocalist. JK, but I have been told that I'm a good singer...let's hope that carries on in Rock Band.
    I'm actually a vocalist. Studied vocal performance in college. Mostly I like to sing jazz or alternative rock (Incubus-ish stuff for example). I'm a baritone, so some of the higher vocal tracks (ie. almost every song in the game!) are a bit uncomfortable, but I can still do a very large amount without issue. However, I've found that Rock Band doesn't give you any leeway to sing with any personal stylistic interpretation. One song I've really noticed this on is Learn to Fly. I've been a Foo Fighters fan for years, and so I kind of know every single little inflection and glissando in the vocals for that song. Sadly they weren't put in Rock Band completely to a tee, so I find myself missing lines and losing points because Rock Band wants me to sing almost everything with a straight tone. It's very annoying. Another problem I've found with vocals (very apparent in Black Hole Sun and Vaseline) is that the programmers of Rock Band have placed the vocal lines just a bit ahead of the beat, which leaves very little room for non-tonal consonants and tends to cause you to jump the gun on some lines. I was singing Vaseline with a friend of mine and he was complaining that I was constantly ahead of the beat, which I was intentionally doing because I wasn't hitting the lines otherwise, and he also agreed that the vocal tracks were not spot on after he sang (he's a vocalist also). Now these issues with the vocal tracks are more apparent in the PS2 version simply because of the lack of power in the machine itself, but I still notice it even with the PS3.
  • nashphx13znashphx13z Super Star
    edited May 2008
    School will be over in 3 weeks, so I'll have WWWAAAYYY more time to play my PS3. I'm not online very much right now (even though I'm always signed in). Just thought I'd let ya know! :D Later...
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited May 2008
    DDRFreaK621;646198 said:
    I'm actually a vocalist. Studied vocal performance in college. Mostly I like to sing jazz or alternative rock (Incubus-ish stuff for example). I'm a baritone, so some of the higher vocal tracks (ie. almost every song in the game!) are a bit uncomfortable, but I can still do a very large amount without issue. However, I've found that Rock Band doesn't give you any leeway to sing with any personal stylistic interpretation. One song I've really noticed this on is Learn to Fly. I've been a Foo Fighters fan for years, and so I kind of know every single little inflection and glissando in the vocals for that song. Sadly they weren't put in Rock Band completely to a tee, so I find myself missing lines and losing points because Rock Band wants me to sing almost everything with a straight tone. It's very annoying. Another problem I've found with vocals (very apparent in Black Hole Sun and Vaseline) is that the programmers of Rock Band have placed the vocal lines just a bit ahead of the beat, which leaves very little room for non-tonal consonants and tends to cause you to jump the gun on some lines. I was singing Vaseline with a friend of mine and he was complaining that I was constantly ahead of the beat, which I was intentionally doing because I wasn't hitting the lines otherwise, and he also agreed that the vocal tracks were not spot on after he sang (he's a vocalist also). Now these issues with the vocal tracks are more apparent in the PS2 version simply because of the lack of power in the machine itself, but I still notice it even with the PS3.
    Wow, we've gone all over the place with the discussion in this thread. :) I feel ya on the issues with vocals in this game and I was dissapointed when I started singing on expert and realized I have to sound like a robot and that humming yields better results than actually singing due to consonant sounds.

    As for the timing, this can be somewhat alleviated by moving your A/V calibration setting (1st one with the left>right target) farther to the right, but this is obviously a no-no if you're singing and have someone playing drums or guitar with you. My "actual" calibration setting is 70ms but when all I'm doing is vocals, I move it to 110ms. When I want to play drums I set it back (though one time I forgot, ask Shenron, lol). I still start a little ahead of the vocal track but it doesn't seem so far off. I was able to FC "Epic" this way and got a couple of short-lived 1st place scores on some songs that are now 2nd places. LOL

    Anyway, if you or nashphx13z want to play some one-on-one vocals matches let me know. ;)
  • hardeighthardeight Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    Drummer- expert

    Wont get fooled again- 94%

    DLC-20

    ID-mildsauce14
  • DDRFreaK621DDRFreaK621 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    hardeight;646810 said:
    Drummer- expert

    Wont get fooled again- 94%

    DLC-20

    ID-mildsauce14
    I'll add you now
  • CronosCronos Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    I play mainly guitar and can usually get about 90-100% on all expert songs except for, Green Grass and High Tides, Train kept a Rollin', Run to the Hills and Pleasure(Pleasure). Those songs I can pass and do decent on except for Green Grass and High Tides where I usually fail around 90-96%. No DLC sadly, I would buy some buy my parents won't do so. I just deal with it. Add me if you wanna jam :). I can also play drums too. I can't do many songs on expert, my best ones are GG&HT and Enter Sandman.

    PSN - Cronos505
  • nashphx13znashphx13z Super Star
    edited May 2008
    hardeight;646810 said:
    Drummer- expert

    Wont get fooled again- 94%

    DLC-20

    ID-mildsauce14
    I'm adding you, too.
  • DJPlexiglassDJPlexiglass Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    I average about 95% on expert drums but I haven't passed Won't Get Fooled Again. I have a lot of the DLC (about 30-40 songs) and am on PSN pretty much every night and will be until July or so. My PSN is DJPlexglass, and I also play expert bass (90%-98%).
  • papasmurf427papasmurf427 Rising Star
    edited May 2008
    Cttoyota and I just played together - good times.

    I failed out on the first (evil) section of blackened, but he saved me and we still 5*.

    I've only beaten that one once solo. I couldn't get the timing down for that first section.

    And tonight I did a 94% WGFA.
  • BeastieBoyBeastieBoy Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    I can play guitar on expert, my avg % is (guessing) in the 90's. My GGHT's % (been a while ago, so I can't remember) probably like 80-90%. I have all DLC except some really easy stuff. My PSN is Garno, I'm really nice and I'm on all the time, so please invite me and I'll rock.

    Oh, and I can play most songs on drums on expert very well if you need a drummer too.
  • ShenronEXShenronEX Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    I didn't get a chance to play. My friends came over and drained the battery life out of my guitar...

    I'm going to play Warhawk. Let me know if you wanna play.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;648249 said:
    I didn't get a chance to play. My friends came over and drained the battery life out of my guitar...

    I'm going to play Warhawk. Let me know if you wanna play.
    I noticed you took out the "and increasing" from your rank. Same for me, I'm at a brick wall on vocals (Timmy and Sabotage can go to you-know-where :)). Gonna pick up my guitar and see if I can't get a little less terrible. hehe
  • ShenronEXShenronEX Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    trg007;648405 said:
    I noticed you took out the "and increasing" from your rank. Same for me, I'm at a brick wall on vocals (Timmy and Sabotage can go to you-know-where :)). Gonna pick up my guitar and see if I can't get a little less terrible. hehe
    Actually I just wanted to make room for the amount of score duels I won. There are only so many characters I can put in a sig.

    As for getting stuck. There is plenty of room for increase. Not a big one but it's still an increase. I just need to practice all the songs I haven't gotten Gold Stars on (which are about 9 I think).

    Good luck becoming a guitar hero. You're actually lucky that you're not good at it. Wrist pains are no joke.
  • JMP5JMP5 Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    Hey, Its ShenronEX. Your 1 of mine and my bros friends on RB. We play all songs on Expert. Some alot better than others lol.
  • ShenronEXShenronEX Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    JMP5;648435 said:
    Hey, Its ShenronEX. Your 1 of mine and my bros friends on RB. We play all songs on Expert. Some alot better than others lol.
    I played with a lot of people. Whats the gamer tag?
  • JMP5JMP5 Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    yeah I left that out on purpose to see if you could figured it out haha. anyway, its Kingdom2917. my bro usually plays guitar and me drums, but we can both do either. If I remember right I think one night we played with you and some singer and got like 2.47 Mill on Welcome Home, which was the highest we have ever done with a band.
  • ShenronEXShenronEX Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, that was Trg. He was playing the vocals and we haven't played a full band since. Even get your drums fixed?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, "some singer". We are the forgotten ones. :(
  • JMP5JMP5 Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    lol sorry Trg I just didnt remember your sn right away. but I do remember you being a hella good singer! well all jam again sometime soon. and yeah, got the drums fixed.
  • papasmurf427papasmurf427 Rising Star
    edited May 2008
    It's fun to actually play with other experts. My friends can play medium. It was weird gold starring stuff in multiplayer.
  • J1nJ1n Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    I play Guitar on expert. i usually get between 95-100%. dont mind playing bass as long as the songs good and we alternate. currently im tearing my freakin hair out every time i try and find games and the chumps i end up with have NO dlc. i have alot of DLC and would really like to play with others who do. also, if anyone wants to score duel im game :). i should be in the top 100 on ps3 for green grass and high tides but for some reason my game isn't updating my score anymore.

    PSN name is Jinn

    ADD ME!!!!

    i think i have like 30-50 DLC songs. i havent actually counted. always buying the good stuff when it comes out. like the whole cars album. cant wait! :)
  • Locke506Locke506 Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    *Expert Vocals*

    I have have 4 and 5 stars on every song and I believe I am currently ranked 380 on the Playstation. I'll have to check on that. But moving up every week in the standings. I have only 5 gold stars on two songs currently.

    My main focus is jumping all of my four stars to five stars before I start working on getting from 5 stars to 5 gold stars.

    I have about 20 or so DLC songs. I usually only download the songs that I like and if I don't know the song, I don't download it. Add me and we can rock some time!
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited May 2008
    Locke506;649824 said:
    *Expert Vocals*

    I have have 4 and 5 stars on every song and I believe I am currently ranked 380 on the Playstation. I'll have to check on that. But moving up every week in the standings. I have only 5 gold stars on two songs currently.

    My main focus is jumping all of my four stars to five stars before I start working on getting from 5 stars to 5 gold stars.

    I have about 20 or so DLC songs. I usually only download the songs that I like and if I don't know the song, I don't download it. Add me and we can rock some time!
    Hey, another vocalist! Hit me up if you want to play some one-on-one matches. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.