PS3 Expert Players Thread - Post here if you play anything on expert

Comments

• ShenronEXShenronEX Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    JMP5;648435 said:
    Hey, Its ShenronEX. Your 1 of mine and my bros friends on RB. We play all songs on Expert. Some alot better than others lol.
    I played with a lot of people. Whats the gamer tag?
  • JMP5JMP5 Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    yeah I left that out on purpose to see if you could figured it out haha. anyway, its Kingdom2917. my bro usually plays guitar and me drums, but we can both do either. If I remember right I think one night we played with you and some singer and got like 2.47 Mill on Welcome Home, which was the highest we have ever done with a band.
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, that was Trg. He was playing the vocals and we haven't played a full band since. Even get your drums fixed?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, "some singer". We are the forgotten ones. :(
  • JMP5JMP5 Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    lol sorry Trg I just didnt remember your sn right away. but I do remember you being a hella good singer! well all jam again sometime soon. and yeah, got the drums fixed.
  • papasmurf427papasmurf427 Rising Star
    edited May 2008
    It's fun to actually play with other experts. My friends can play medium. It was weird gold starring stuff in multiplayer.
  • J1nJ1n Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    I play Guitar on expert. i usually get between 95-100%. dont mind playing bass as long as the songs good and we alternate. currently im tearing my freakin hair out every time i try and find games and the chumps i end up with have NO dlc. i have alot of DLC and would really like to play with others who do. also, if anyone wants to score duel im game :). i should be in the top 100 on ps3 for green grass and high tides but for some reason my game isn't updating my score anymore.

PSN name is Jinn

ADD ME!!!!

i think i have like 30-50 DLC songs. i havent actually counted. always buying the good stuff when it comes out. like the whole cars album. cant wait! :)
  • Locke506Locke506 Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    *Expert Vocals*

I have have 4 and 5 stars on every song and I believe I am currently ranked 380 on the Playstation. I'll have to check on that. But moving up every week in the standings. I have only 5 gold stars on two songs currently.

My main focus is jumping all of my four stars to five stars before I start working on getting from 5 stars to 5 gold stars.

I have about 20 or so DLC songs. I usually only download the songs that I like and if I don't know the song, I don't download it. Add me and we can rock some time!
    edited May 2008
    Locke506;649824 said:
    *Expert Vocals*

I have have 4 and 5 stars on every song and I believe I am currently ranked 380 on the Playstation. I'll have to check on that. But moving up every week in the standings. I have only 5 gold stars on two songs currently.

My main focus is jumping all of my four stars to five stars before I start working on getting from 5 stars to 5 gold stars.

I have about 20 or so DLC songs. I usually only download the songs that I like and if I don't know the song, I don't download it. Add me and we can rock some time!
    Hey, another vocalist! Hit me up if you want to play some one-on-one matches. :)
  • DDRFreaK621DDRFreaK621 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    Jamming was fun last night. Let's coordinate a time to get together tonight also. And coordinate what instrument's we're playing...bass is kinda boring unless we're on Green Grass or one of the Boston songs.

...That being said, please have DLC!
    edited May 2008
    DDRFreaK621;650013 said:
    Jamming was fun last night. Let's coordinate a time to get together tonight also. And coordinate what instrument's we're playing...bass is kinda boring unless we're on Green Grass or one of the Boston songs.

...That being said, please have DLC!
    I probably missed the party due to time zones. :( Hopefully we can play tonight. I finally picked up the Thrash Pack so I now officially have all the DLC.
    edited May 2008
    trg007;650078 said:
    I probably missed the party due to time zones. :( Hopefully we can play tonight. I finally picked up the Thrash Pack so I now officially have all the DLC.
    I picked up the Thrash pack also. One of the songs kicked my @$$ up and down the place on the drums, lol. That makes 2 songs now that I haven't managed to get through. However I've heard that Blackened is only really difficult at the beginning, so I'll practice that part so I can get through it eventually.
    edited May 2008
    DDRFreaK621;650160 said:
    I picked up the Thrash pack also. One of the songs kicked my @$$ up and down the place on the drums, lol. That makes 2 songs now that I haven't managed to get through. However I've heard that Blackened is only really difficult at the beginning, so I'll practice that part so I can get through it eventually.
    I agree that blackened is only tough in the beginning.

That section (no idea what to call it) is tough the first time without OD to save you. Every time afterwards you can have OD and should be able to make it through.

The 2 songs I haven't beaten yet are Thrasher and Blinded By Fear. But I've only tried Thrasher twice, and BBF once. A few more attempts and I'm sure I'd get Thrasher at least.
    edited May 2008
    papasmurf427;650285 said:
    I agree that blackened is only tough in the beginning.

That section (no idea what to call it) is tough the first time without OD to save you. Every time afterwards you can have OD and should be able to make it through.

The 2 songs I haven't beaten yet are Thrasher and Blinded By Fear. But I've only tried Thrasher twice, and BBF once. A few more attempts and I'm sure I'd get Thrasher at least.
    Blinded by Fear is the one that totally whooped me. DOA was a 4* my first try and a 5* my second (I was 4* with a full gold ring around the 5th on the first one :mad:, so I did it again). And Thrasher was a 5* first try. I would try it one more time if I were you. I think you'll find its easier if you turn the volume up really loud and just wail on the drumset ;).
    edited May 2008
    All this talk of drums is making me mad that my Omega pedal hasn't shipped yet. :mad:

P.S. We're taking over the thread again, haha!
    edited May 2008
    trg007;650336 said:
    All this talk of drums is making me mad that my Omega pedal hasn't shipped yet. :mad:

P.S. We're taking over the thread again, haha!
    Haha, yeah we are. I just looked at that omega pedal. Let me know how well it works. I'm not actually a drummer, so I'm kind of afraid to move to something different and more realistic (non-plastic).
    edited May 2008
    I ordered it when my RB pedal broke (it's all the Reaper's fault!). All the reviews say it's a thousand times better than the stock pedal in terms of feel and responsiveness, and since it's a real Pearl kick pedal, it will never break. You might want to consider getting one if you plan on playing expert drums for many months to come - your plastic one *will* break eventually. ;)
    edited May 2008
    DDRFreaK621;650306 said:
    Blinded by Fear is the one that totally whooped me. DOA was a 4* my first try and a 5* my second (I was 4* with a full gold ring around the 5th on the first one :mad:, so I did it again). And Thrasher was a 5* first try. I would try it one more time if I were you. I think you'll find its easier if you turn the volume up really loud and just wail on the drumset ;).
    Yea, I'm not the biggest fan of thrash, so i'm not really motivated to play it. Perhaps I'll try it again when I get home.
    trg007;650459 said:
    I ordered it when my RB pedal broke (it's all the Reaper's fault!). All the reviews say it's a thousand times better than the stock pedal in terms of feel and responsiveness, and since it's a real Pearl kick pedal, it will never break. You might want to consider getting one if you plan on playing expert drums for many months to come - your plastic one *will* break eventually. ;)
    Mine's still going strong :). But One of these days I'll order a pedal, cause I know it's going to break.
    edited May 2008
    trg007;650459 said:
    I'm a few steps ahead of you. My pedal broke about a month after getting it. Broke clean in half (Iron Maiden's fault). I used a sheet of hard plastic from one of my old broken DDR pads, cut it down to size and adhered some thin rubber foam to the top of it. Then I JBWelded and screwed the plastic into the top and bottom of the broken pedal piece in order to hold it together. Works great and will never break again.

I've also put 3mm gum rubber on all my pads. It's not as clean as some of the other mods around, but I didn't have a circle cutter so I had to eyeball it. I'm thinking about maybe getting some thin felt to put on top of that to quiet it even more. And perhaps even get some of those practice drum sticks with the rubber heads.

And once again I'm completely off topic :(.
  • KEFIOXKEFIOX Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    Expert Drummer
    Average percent - 97%-99%
    WGFA% - 94%
    PSN - KEFIOX
    DLC owned - 122-123 total (this thursday)

I can also play Guitar and Bass on Expert (with a few exceptions) and Vox on a few songs.
  • ScottyTheBodyScottyTheBody Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    I can do vocals on Expert (number 29 right now on the overall leaderboard). I'm platinum iconed, I can gold star almost any song. I also have some DLC (right now I have 97 songs total). I might be a bit shaky on some of the DLC just due to lack of experience.

I'm looking for a full expert band (preferrably platniumed) that I can sing in and get some high scores.

Add me

PSN: ScottyTheBody
    edited May 2008
    DDRFreaK621;650631 said:
    I'm a few steps ahead of you. My pedal broke about a month after getting it. Broke clean in half (Iron Maiden's fault). I used a sheet of hard plastic from one of my old broken DDR pads, cut it down to size and adhered some thin rubber foam to the top of it. Then I JBWelded and screwed the plastic into the top and bottom of the broken pedal piece in order to hold it together. Works great and will never break again.
    Good thing you don't have to worry about that problem anymore. :) Aside from the durability, I'm hoping the Omega will help me with some of the really fast double kicks on some songs, for example the ones at the beginning of Rock Rebellion. It could just be my lack of skill (not a real drummer either) but I have the hardest time hitting those with the stock pedal.
  • bisqbisq Rising Star
    edited May 2008
    Expert Vocals

ranked around 20th or so
    gold stars in sig...about 35 at moment

play later at night (after 9pm west coast)

psn:bisq1
    edited May 2008
    trg007;650799 said:
    Good thing you don't have to worry about that problem anymore. :) Aside from the durability, I'm hoping the Omega will help me with some of the really fast double kicks on some songs, for example the ones at the beginning of Rock Rebellion. It could just be my lack of skill (not a real drummer either) but I have the hardest time hitting those with the stock pedal.
    I have issues with a lot of the double hits. Sometimes my leg is just ******ed and doesn't wanna move fast enough, sometimes I can go through without missing any of them.

Oh, and for anyone putting together a band, I'm game. I'm very good with the drums. 97% Justice for All my first time, 98% my second time (I've only played it two times). I've beaten the endless setlist without issue on expert drums on my friend's PS3 back when I only had PS2. I don't remember his PSN off the top of my head, but he can confirm any claims I make. Here's my PS2 ScoreHero page.

*EDIT* His PSN is Rock918
    edited May 2008
    I wanna sing something in a full band. I wanna sing And Justice For All. I just got my mic today. The reason I wanna sing that one is because I wanna tell a story in the beginning. It's going to be funny because I'm going to be the only one playing on Easy, lol.
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;651584 said:
    I wanna sing something in a full band. I wanna sing And Justice For All. I just got my mic today. The reason I wanna sing that one is because I wanna tell a story in the beginning. It's going to be funny because I'm going to be the only one playing on Easy, lol.
    I'll play guitar or bass on Medium! Like a reversal of roles, haha!
    edited May 2008
    trg007;651604 said:
    I'll play guitar or bass on Medium! Like a reversal of roles, haha!
    I was gonna get the Drums today but I could't afford them. The school store only gave me $18 for a text I paid $100 for (bastards)...Instead I bought a mic. IF I played the drums I would be able to play on medium. I've tried them out and I'm pretty decent
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;651654 said:
    I was gonna get the Drums today but I could't afford them. The school store only gave me $18 for a text I paid $100 for (bastards)...Instead I bought a mic. IF I played the drums I would be able to play on medium. I've tried them out and I'm pretty decent
    Yeah they really mark up the prices when you buy stuff separately ($200 for the game, guitar and drums, not including a mic). Definitely recommend picking up the drums when you're able to. :)

P.S. Unfortunately we won't be able to hear your story. :(
  • nashphx13znashphx13z Super Star
    edited May 2008
    Well, seems this thread is doing what it was meant for...sort of. Trg, Shenron, papasmurf, and jr1p, are kind of taking over, but the thread was meant for expert players to talk to each other. So, I guess that it's doing its job! I'm going to be online for a good chunk of the evening, so we can rock out as much as we want. Hit me up if you wanna jam.
    Hard Drums
    and now introducing: Hard Vocals! :D
    LOL, trg knows what I mean
    edited May 2008
    Nash, make sure you check your PMs (inbox) from your profile page. :)