PS3 Expert Players Thread - Post here if you play anything on expert

Comments

• bisqbisq Rising Star
    edited May 2008
    Expert Vocals

ranked around 20th or so
    gold stars in sig...about 35 at moment

play later at night (after 9pm west coast)

psn:bisq1
  • DDRFreaK621DDRFreaK621 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    trg007;650799 said:
    Good thing you don't have to worry about that problem anymore. :) Aside from the durability, I'm hoping the Omega will help me with some of the really fast double kicks on some songs, for example the ones at the beginning of Rock Rebellion. It could just be my lack of skill (not a real drummer either) but I have the hardest time hitting those with the stock pedal.
    I have issues with a lot of the double hits. Sometimes my leg is just ******ed and doesn't wanna move fast enough, sometimes I can go through without missing any of them.

Oh, and for anyone putting together a band, I'm game. I'm very good with the drums. 97% Justice for All my first time, 98% my second time (I've only played it two times). I've beaten the endless setlist without issue on expert drums on my friend's PS3 back when I only had PS2. I don't remember his PSN off the top of my head, but he can confirm any claims I make. Here's my PS2 ScoreHero page.

*EDIT* His PSN is Rock918
  • ShenronEXShenronEX Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    I wanna sing something in a full band. I wanna sing And Justice For All. I just got my mic today. The reason I wanna sing that one is because I wanna tell a story in the beginning. It's going to be funny because I'm going to be the only one playing on Easy, lol.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;651584 said:
    I wanna sing something in a full band. I wanna sing And Justice For All. I just got my mic today. The reason I wanna sing that one is because I wanna tell a story in the beginning. It's going to be funny because I'm going to be the only one playing on Easy, lol.
    I'll play guitar or bass on Medium! Like a reversal of roles, haha!
    edited May 2008
    trg007;651604 said:
    I'll play guitar or bass on Medium! Like a reversal of roles, haha!
    I was gonna get the Drums today but I could't afford them. The school store only gave me $18 for a text I paid $100 for (bastards)...Instead I bought a mic. IF I played the drums I would be able to play on medium. I've tried them out and I'm pretty decent
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;651654 said:
    I was gonna get the Drums today but I could't afford them. The school store only gave me $18 for a text I paid $100 for (bastards)...Instead I bought a mic. IF I played the drums I would be able to play on medium. I've tried them out and I'm pretty decent
    Yeah they really mark up the prices when you buy stuff separately ($200 for the game, guitar and drums, not including a mic). Definitely recommend picking up the drums when you're able to. :)

P.S. Unfortunately we won't be able to hear your story. :(
  • nashphx13znashphx13z Super Star
    edited May 2008
    Well, seems this thread is doing what it was meant for...sort of. Trg, Shenron, papasmurf, and jr1p, are kind of taking over, but the thread was meant for expert players to talk to each other. So, I guess that it's doing its job! I'm going to be online for a good chunk of the evening, so we can rock out as much as we want. Hit me up if you wanna jam.
    Hard Drums
    and now introducing: Hard Vocals! :D
    LOL, trg knows what I mean
    edited May 2008
    Nash, make sure you check your PMs (inbox) from your profile page. :)
  • souhei719souhei719 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    Man I've been seeing several of you guys online, but all at different times. I wanna try inviting a bunch of people but we all keep coming on at different times! By the way, if/when you guys ever play, do you all have a method of talking? It'd be cool if a bunch of us could open a chat room through MSN or some other instant messanger if you all have computers near you. It'd be easier to get us together too I would think.

PSN: souhei719
  • penguin-gurupenguin-guru Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    I prefer guitar to bass. average is about 95% I almost never get below 93% and that's only on about 3 songs. There are several songs which I can't complete, but only one of them is non-download (blue grass and high tides). I'm looking for some fun people to play with, but I'm only playing for fun, I don't want to play if your too serious.
    edited May 2008
    souhei719;653060 said:
    Man I've been seeing several of you guys online, but all at different times. I wanna try inviting a bunch of people but we all keep coming on at different times! By the way, if/when you guys ever play, do you all have a method of talking? It'd be cool if a bunch of us could open a chat room through MSN or some other instant messanger if you all have computers near you. It'd be easier to get us together too I would think.

PSN: souhei719
    Hey, I remember we played one time, you me and Shenron. Was really fun but we haven't met up since. I don't know about messengers, I guess it could work but for me, I have to run into the other room (don't have a laptop). Hope we get to play again sometime!
    edited May 2008
    I played again with Souhei except it was against each other. He started kicking my #@$ at first but I didn't go down without a fight. There were plenty of matches he should have won but I ended up winning instead. A lot of matches were he had a high percentage but lost. He is better at doing solos.

I'm not going to make an excuse but I'm a little use to Guitar Hero's Face Off as oppose to Rock Band's Score Duel. In Guitar Hero I get to choose songs and opponent does as well. The only difference is that in the event of a tie-breaker, the computer chooses a person at random and that person chooses the song, so it is a little unfair. Rock Band is a little unfair because only the host gets to choose, however, Souhei did pick random songs and saved Green Grass & High Tides for last. And I'm glad that he skipped over easy songs but there were songs which I wanted to play which were skipped. All and all, I'm glad we had fun.

I'm sure we could have both played at our full potential. I know I could have if that damn mosquito didn't chase me around the room.

Speaking of which, the misquito must have wanted me to put down the mic and stop singing, but it bit my arm up 6 times when I was singing with Trg.
    edited May 2008
    trg007;653341 said:
    Hey, I remember we played one time, you me and Shenron. Was really fun but we haven't met up since. I don't know about messengers, I guess it could work but for me, I have to run into the other room (don't have a laptop). Hope we get to play again sometime!
    Or if everyone gets a headset we have have a chat on the PS3.

Mine is a piece of crap, so I'm getting another one.
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;653374 said:
    I played again with Souhei except it was against each other. He started kicking my #@$ at first but I didn't go down without a fight. There were plenty of matches he should have won but I ended up winning instead. A lot of matches were he had a high percentage but lost. He is better at doing solos.

I'm not going to make an excuse but I'm a little use to Guitar Hero's Face Off as oppose to Rock Band's Score Duel. In Guitar Hero I get to choose songs and opponent does as well. The only difference is that in the event of a tie-breaker, the computer chooses a person at random and that person chooses the song, so it is a little unfair. Rock Band is a little unfair because only the host gets to choose, however, Souhei did pick random songs and saved Green Grass & High Tides for last. And I'm glad that he skipped over easy songs but there were songs which I wanted to play which were skipped. All and all, I'm glad we had fun.

I'm sure we could have both played at our full potential. I know I could have if that damn mosquito didn't chase me around the room.

Speaking of which, the misquito must have wanted me to put down the mic and stop singing, but it bit my arm up 6 times when I was singing with Trg.
    They were all close matches, some way too close to call. First we had that one song (forgot which) where we were only 800 points or so off. Then after that we played Smokin' and were only 200 points off! You clearly beat me in Welcome Home though, I actually always do really bad on that song even though I love it. I don't get very much practice on it because I gold starred it ages ago and didn't bother to touch it again, but you won fair and square. Sorry about skipping over songs you liked by the way, I mostly leaned toward DLC.

By the way, I didn't know you can actually use anything from XMB while playing a game, so the headset thing might not work. However I have noticed a lot of people messaging me while still playing a game, and I have no idea how to do that. I always quit and go to XMB to reply.
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;653380 said:
    Or if everyone gets a headset we have have a chat on the PS3.

Mine is a piece of crap, so I'm getting another one.
    Can that be 3 or more people or only between two people? One thing I know for sure is it only works if you're completely out of Rock Band.
    edited May 2008
    souhei719;653407 said:
    By the way, I didn't know you can actually use anything from XMB while playing a game, so the headset thing might not work. However I have noticed a lot of people messaging me while still playing a game, and I have no idea how to do that. I always quit and go to XMB to reply.
    You can send text messages while the game is open, by going to Community -> Manage Friends. Voice chat I don't think can be done that way.
  • toMsons1987toMsons1987 Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    It's pretty annoying talking with anyone while you play RB, why not have the PS button open a chat option also.. Be nice on the song/charecter selection to be able to use mics too. People don't like songs I like, and Trg likes strum fest songs quite a bit.

Can't wait for the 9 songs to come out, I am getting only 8 of them though. I don't want that Limp Biscuit wannabe, horrid song. LOL
    edited May 2008
    Look who finally shows up. :) You missed the party tonight, Shenron on vocals and me on guitar (both on medium, hehe).

PS, not sure what a strumfest song is, unless you're talking about Bass.
    edited May 2008
    souhei719;653407 said:
    They were all close matches, some way too close to call. First we had that one song (forgot which) where we were only 800 points or so off. Then after that we played Smokin' and were only 200 points off! You clearly beat me in Welcome Home though, I actually always do really bad on that song even though I love it. I don't get very much practice on it because I gold starred it ages ago and didn't bother to touch it again, but you won fair and square. Sorry about skipping over songs you liked by the way, I mostly leaned toward DLC.

The first song was Live Forever - Oasis. Either that or Nightmare. I know you beat me on both because Nightmare I haven't Gold Starred and Live forever was just too easy I lost focus. Welcome Home and Smokin are my songs. You can ask Trg about those. I'm ranked pretty high on Welcome Home. Smokin Im ranked high as well, it's just that score duel has the vector board speed move at it's normal speed as oppose to the band speed so it was hard for me to get use to. I clearly won D.O.A because there was a lot of double strumming. I'm great with that, but not so much with hammer-ons with the statercaster. If it was something like a les paul it would be a different story. All and all, it was a good match.

It's ok that you skipped over songs. A lot of easy songs pop up and random as a Habbit of choose default songs.
    edited May 2008
    trg007;653445 said:
    Look who finally shows up. :) You missed the party tonight, Shenron on vocals and me on guitar (both on medium, hehe).

PS, not sure what a strumfest song is, unless you're talking about Bass.
    You were playing bass a lot, which was a surprise because everyone usually fights for the lead guitar.
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;653473 said:
    You were playing bass a lot, which was a surprise because everyone usually fights for the lead guitar.
    Because medium guitar is way too easy and we were playing mostly DLC (none of which I've even attempted on Hard guitar yet) so I went with the happy medium, Hard bass. I actually like playing bass. :)
    edited May 2008
    trg007;653477 said:
    Because medium guitar is way too easy and we were playing mostly DLC (none of which I've even attempted on Hard guitar yet) so I went with the happy medium, Hard bass. I actually like playing bass. :)
    But you did good...I think Mike (Drummer) was bored out of his mind though.
    edited May 2008
    trg007;653419 said:
    Can that be 3 or more people or only between two people? One thing I know for sure is it only works if you're completely out of Rock Band.
    I think it works with more people. I've only done it with one friend, but it not like it matters. These forums aren't mind good for starting games and everyone can't be next to a computer when these things happen.
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;653483 said:
    But you did good...I think Mike (Drummer) was bored out of his mind though.
    Did you create a solo vocalist character yet? Because the whole time, you were playing as a chick. :)

Let's play some more like this tomorrow or whenever you get a chance. I'm glad you like singing! We can do a full band with any expert guitarist and I'll happily stick to Bass. ;)
    edited May 2008
    trg007;653501 said:
    Did you create a solo vocalist character yet? Because the whole time, you were playing as a chick. :)

Let's play some more like this tomorrow or whenever you get a chance. I'm glad you like singing! We can do a full band with any expert guitarist and I'll happily stick to Bass. ;)
    I did but he isn't finished. I wanted to create a special character but I don't have the right gear. I only have a 100 dollars.

Besides, I wanted to see what would happen if I picked Chick on a song sung by a dude. I was right! She did sound like a dude!

Also, I knew Boston songs where hard to sing, but I didn't know they were that hard. I had to prepare my best Michael Jackson voice for Peace of Mind. But my favorite song is still and will always be Creep. I love that song. I'm going to practice that so I can sing on Expert...Well, maybe hard.

Sure I'll be on tomorrow. Real late. Not sure if the DLC will be available. If not tomorrow afternoon then Friday. PSN is always late on these things. X-box got the new stuff on Tuesday...
    edited May 2008
    You did great, 91% on Foreplay/Long Time, which is to vocals as GG&HT is to guitar (well, as the game orders things anyway). Once you get comfortable with octave-switching you can sing any song, no matter how high or low. I sing just about every song an octave lower and only switch up to the real vocalist's octave when the notes get really low.

DLC should be up long before you get online, it's usually up in the early afternoon. Sometimes the RB store might not list them under "new releases" but they can be seen when you go to "all songs".
    edited May 2008
    trg007;653535 said:
    You did great, 91% on Foreplay/Long Time, which is to vocals as GG&HT is to guitar (well, as the game orders things anyway). Once you get comfortable with octave-switching you can sing any song, no matter how high or low. I sing just about every song an octave lower and only switch up to the real vocalist's octave when the notes get really low.

DLC should be up long before you get online, it's usually up in the early afternoon. Sometimes the RB store might not list them under "new releases" but they can be seen when you go to "all songs".
    Ah ok, because I noticed on Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld there were a lot of low octaves and I was singing low but I was getting messy's and strongs but I was singing so low, I was matching the lead singer's tone. What's that about? Just how does that work?

Also you're right...The game doesn't recongnize "Timmy livin a lie." I've tried singing it fast, slow, soft, loud. It just doesn't work.
  • JMP5JMP5 Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    Hey guys whats up? I work till 4:30pm PST tomorrow, but im sure ill be playing RB for awhile after that. If you guys are on ill send a request. I can do drums or guitar but prefer drums usually.
    edited May 2008
    If you guys are playing tomorrow night, I'll join ya. I'll be playing RB tomorrow after the DLC finishes downloading. If you're going to play opposite instruments and stuff, I'll join as drums just to mix it up. I'm still trying to improve and can only do the first half the of the songs somewhat decently on hard only.
    edited May 2008
    ShenronEX;653552 said:
    Ah ok, because I noticed on Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld there were a lot of low octaves and I was singing low but I was getting messy's and strongs but I was singing so low, I was matching the lead singer's tone. What's that about? Just how does that work?

Also you're right...The game doesn't recongnize "Timmy livin a lie." I've tried singing it fast, slow, soft, loud. It just doesn't work.
    The singing phrases in that song are very short, so there's not as much room for error as there would be on a slow song. For me, I match the original octave on those parts because it's low enough to be within my range. What you can do on a lot of songs is start humming in advance and see if the arrow lines up with the green line that's coming up. Timmy is so fast that this doesn't really work, so you really just have to memorize how the singing parts go by practicing the song over & over...unfortunately vocals practice mode sucks; you can't select a specific part of the song like you can for guitar or drums.