Rock Blog Thursday 10/04/07 No Portland for me :(

edited October 2007 in Announcements
Sorry about going radio silent. It has been kind of busy, and I have been all over Seattle trying to get stuff done.

That said I have some sad news - I won't be able to make it to Portland due to the terrible duo of swamp lung (what I call it when you can't stop coughing due to 7 straight days of Seattle rain) and sudden commitments that need me back in Boston. I'm going to head back tomorrow night, rest up, and hopefully I will be back on the road real soon. And hopefully I'll be able to actually hit Portland next time as I really want to finally see it. If you were planning on coming out to Portland to see me, send me a PM, and definitely get out there. The tour rules. And we need a few community members winning the audition. Hells yeah.

Comments

• MartyMcFlyMartyMcFly Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Man that sucks. Hope you feel better, that doesn't sound too pleasant. You gotta be able to party hard like a rockstar, touring coast to coast! Get well dude.
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Yah, get well soon Sean. Can't have you at less than 100% for the upcoming couple of months...
  • RiboflavinRiboflavin Unsigned
    edited October 2007
    yeah bad luck. the rain just started to come down last week. before that it was sunny and nice.

do make sure to come back as Portland is a great city. catch a Blazer game or a show at the Crystal Ballroom.
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    well I would try to win the audition but when the tour comes to Boston the auditions are over
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    The Rock Band Tour 2007 claims its first casualty.
  • edited October 2007
    masterx1918;72801 said:
    well I would try to win the audition but when the tour comes to Boston the auditions are over
    Perhaps not... but you get to do one better- ROCK IN BOSTON. or as I like to call it - Harmonixton. Yeah.
  • hmxkrishmxkris Unsigned
    edited October 2007
    a sunny, dry 80 degrees in the people's republik today.
    come on home, punky. we miss you desperately.
    we will get heather to play her new didgeridoo in your honor.
    and i will play the kazoo.
    hugs.
  • Emo_ReaperEmo_Reaper Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    And we need a few community members winning the audition. Hells yeah.
    Ahem...maybe you should tell that da'gon MTV of yours that you shouldnt have to be over 18...
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    Emo_Reaper;72857 said:
    Ahem...maybe you should tell that da'gon MTV of yours that you shouldnt have to be over 18...
    Win.

Although I believe that is out of MTV or Harmonix's hands. I think that has to do with minors, and corporations, and legality, and crap like that.

Sean assure me the Baltimore stop will be awesome. PLEASE!!! Assure me also you'll try to make it to Towson. For awesome rock, awesome rock fans, and rock bands Towson is the best in MD.

But screw Towson just tell your boys "BLOW THE BORDERS OFF OF BALITMORE!!!"

This is a rare shot for MD to get some rock lovin'. I'm not about to let it go down the crapper.
  • edited October 2007
    Xzyliac;72858 said:
    Win.

Although I believe that is out of MTV or Harmonix's hands. I think that has to do with minors, and corporations, and legality, and crap like that.

Sean assure me the Baltimore stop will be awesome. PLEASE!!! Assure me also you'll try to make it to Towson. For awesome rock, awesome rock fans, and rock bands Towson is the best in MD.

But screw Towson just tell your boys "BLOW THE BORDERS OFF OF BALITMORE!!!"

This is a rare shot for MD to get some rock lovin'. I'm not about to let it go down the crapper.
    That is true. There are laws for this sort of thing. Write your congresspersons.

Baltimore I think will be pretty rad. I am going to try to make it down as I have some family and friends down there and I think Baltimore is well due to have the doors blown off. Metaphorically.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    hmxsean;72886 said:
    That is true. There are laws for this sort of thing. Write your congresspersons.

Baltimore I think will be pretty rad. I am going to try to make it down as I have some family and friends down there and I think Baltimore is well due to have the doors blown off. Metaphorically.
    Cool, cool. I'll be there!
  • edited October 2007
    hmxkris;72840 said:
    a sunny, dry 80 degrees in the people's republik today.
    come on home, punky. we miss you desperately.
    we will get heather to play her new didgeridoo in your honor.
    and i will play the kazoo.
    hugs.

See? How can I stay away from Cambridge with coworkers like that? NOT POSSIBLE!
  • QuastorQuastor Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    hmxsean;72893 said:
    I'll trade you some of mine for some of yours. I could certainly use some fun in my office.
  • Emo_ReaperEmo_Reaper Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Yea I know,Fabio was tryin to get MTV's permission to record me and my buddy though xD haha
    edited October 2007
    Emo_Reaper;72857 said:
    don't worry, me and my buddies will take care of business
    edited October 2007
    hmxsean;72893 said:
    can i call you punky from now on?
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    I wanna rock!

Damn I hate myself for missing the St. Louis stop. Wanna know the real tragedy? I was at the St. Louis Rams game that sunday, which, after reading the tour blogs, it turns out the bus was right outside the stadium...but on the other side that I came/left from. I hadn't even thought to look for it since I figured the bus had moved on by then...it wasn't on the 'official' list after all. Argh...just makes me angry, bitter, and old.
    edited October 2007
    hmxsean;72825 said:
    Perhaps not... but you get to do one better- ROCK IN BOSTON. or as I like to call it - Harmonixton. Yeah.
    this is true. I'm bringing three of my buddies also. we should all get our own vip room.
    edited October 2007
    masterx1918;72951 said:
    this is true. I'm bringing three of my buddies also. we should all get our own vip room.
    I'll own you
  • HuwonkHuwonk Unsigned
    edited October 2007
    My band had a pretty killer audition. Great score, and I felt we rocked out pretty hard! The only thing is that they wrote our band name down wrong so it came out as The OSU instead of The Unknown (even though both suck, but hey we were put on the spot to pick a name!).
    edited October 2007
    Eman311;72981 said:
    I'll own you
    The chances of 4 Grown Men (the name of my band) getting owned is slim to none