Rearrange drum pads?

pntbllrspdrpntbllrspdr Opening Act
edited October 2007 in Rock Band
I was just wondering if it would be possible to re-arrange the drum pads, like to take the cymbal ones off and put it on something higher to simulate a more realistic drum set..

Comments

• edited October 2007
    They're attached together, so no.
  • pntbllrspdrpntbllrspdr Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    Darn, I don't really like how it has snare drums n stuff on the left and cymbals on the right
  • dlisapussydlisapussy Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    its better to have the snare on the left because the pads are level, so if the snare was on the right (which it should be) than the cymbal or hi-hat would have to be raised so you can crossover with the hands.
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited October 2007
    I thought that I heard from somewhere that the drum pads were detachable, I look around and see if i can find the source
  • KeeblerKeebler Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    Reaper0563;76030 said:
    I thought that I heard from somewhere that the drum pads were detachable, I look around and see if i can find the source
    Detachable, as in, all 4 pads detach from the legs of the set so you can put them on a table top. But the pads themselves are connected.
  • parastroke7parastroke7 Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    The Rock Band drum kit WAS designed by REAL drummers, after all.

So how come every REAL drummer that hears of the pad layout is immediately displeased? What defines a REAL drummer? The ability to hold sticks?

bah...
  • vtjustinbvtjustinb Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    parastroke7;76033 said:

So how come every REAL drummer that hears of the pad layout is immediately displeased? What defines a REAL drummer? The ability to hold sticks?

bah...
    The definition of a drummer is pretty loose. A percussionist however is another thing entirely.
  • RkBndDrmrRkBndDrmr Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    The pads are also serving double duty. What is a hi-hat now may be used as a tom at another point. A level set really is the only way to go...at the start anyway. Being "natural" to hit a snare with the left hand and hi-hat with the right and the inability to cross-over, the set-up make sense.

You would have to have a "double" set to make it work better. Having the same color pad high for a cymbal and one low for use as a tom etc..

I'm sure in time we'll see a better set...start saving now.
  • logicalnoiselogicalnoise Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    RkBndDrmr;76121 said:
    The pads are also serving double duty. What is a hi-hat now may be used as a tom at another point. A level set really is the only way to go...at the start anyway. Being "natural" to hit a snare with the left hand and hi-hat with the right and the inability to cross-over, the set-up make sense.

You would have to have a "double" set to make it work better. Having the same color pad high for a cymbal and one low for use as a tom etc..

I'm sure in time we'll see a better set...start saving now.
    I doubt we'll see too many revisions to the drumset. The next one may have some better comfort features(tilting options, double bass(wouldn't affect the gameplay just have teh option alternated foot tapping, etc.) but adding pads would be pointless considering the point of RB is make the drums more accessible. plus teh screen layout is probably fille dto the brim at this point.
  • JimmikJimmik Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    parastroke7;76033 said:

bah...
    I'm a real drummer and I think they designed the set really well. I can imagine playing on a rock band drum set very naturally. I think the drummers who are complaining just use a non traditional setup. But really I have no concerns about the drumming, and frankly am kinda surprised anyone has gripes with it. Weird, huh.
  • BakksterBakkster Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    parastroke7;76033 said:

Probably because the 'REAL drummers' who are displeased aren't engineers.

Or they're whiners.
    edited October 2007
    I don't know why they'd be upset. Playing any rhythm videogame is immediatly a different experience and set of challenges a musician. Neither guitar or drums are meant to be visually cued except at the very early levels of play. Playing open handed shouldn't really mess up drummers who play the game because keeping RB different from your real life style would be very much ideal.
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Everything's detachable w/ the right tools. Get yourself a dremmel, some pvc piping, and the appropriate connectors (and other misc. junk I'm sure) and you can have whatever set-up you want. Hopefully they left enough slack in the wiring that you wouldn't need to splice them, but that shouldn't be too tough either.

I am curious if any third-party drum sets are going to come out...
    edited October 2007
    TheTogfather;76201 said:
    Everything's detachable w/ the right tools. Get yourself a dremmel, some pvc piping, and the appropriate connectors (and other misc. junk I'm sure) and you can have whatever set-up you want. Hopefully they left enough slack in the wiring that you wouldn't need to splice them, but that shouldn't be too tough either.

I'm sure we will. However I'd expect third party makers to shoot for a cheaper model rather than nicer/more expensive one. Most third party makers try to undercut rather than out perform 1st party makers.
  • parastroke7parastroke7 Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    Jimmik;76161 said:
    I'm a real drummer and I think they designed the set really well. I can imagine playing on a rock band drum set very naturally. I think the drummers who are complaining just use a non traditional setup. But really I have no concerns about the drumming, and frankly am kinda surprised anyone has gripes with it. Weird, huh.
    The way the drums are layed out, it reminds me of playing quads in highschool. I think they should have at least made some pads higher than others to make it feel more dynamic. Another pedal would NOT have hurt, either, but this game isn't for musicians (says a lot of people, not including me). It's for people who aren't musicians, so they think. So really, why SHOULD it be dynamic, or have a second pedal? I'm still gonna tear this game a new @sshole anyway. Cake.
  • Axel32Axel32 Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    I'm a former drummer myself. I like the design but I don't. I like it because it looks awesome and it tries to keep things simple for new players. But I don't like it because I'm used to the 10 o'clock 1 o'clock position, which will be hard for me to get used to not playing that way.
    I think HMX did the best job they could in making the drums easy to play for new comers, but sorta left actual players who don't use that certain style hanging.
  • FeignedFeigned Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    TheTogfather;76201 said:

That's what I'm talking about. I didn't like the way my X-Plorer felt, so I did something about it. I'm more than willing to do the same thing (if necessary to the drum kit)

Yes, that's what I play with on my 360.