Rock Blog FRIDAY! 10/12/07

edited October 2007 in Announcements
Still mostly under the weather from the Swamp Lung I got out in Seattle. I'll try to keep this short - while I am lucid.

Working hard on getting a bunch more info out to you all and clarifying things and breaking out some of the new heat and next week I'll also be introducing you to the first addition to the community team. He'll be helping me with a lot of the community stuff both here and in the world and on email and yes you can put him through a crazy initiation rite to make sure he is really up to par with a community of this caliber. Kick his tires, if you know what I mean. This conversation never happened.

ALSO, and this is the big news, we have a little something for you. We really thought that banner that the community signed thanking us for Rock Band was wicked nice and very awesome of all of you. Therefore we made this for you today-

CLICK HERE

So, you know, thanks. It will have a place of honor at Harmonix as soon as we find a wall long enough to hang it, for now it has a place of honor in the Freq Pit held down by hot sauce. In it's own way - that is a pretty rad place to be.

BLOGS!

Where is Moss?

DanT answers questions.

Comments

• edited October 2007
    That poor sap will never know what him 'em. NEW FISH!

The download keeps hanging up so I will try back later. I see it's a movie. If there's belly dancing involved, there will not be a second banner. In fact, the existing one may spontaneously combust. ;) :p :)
  • SmokaColaSmokaCola Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    Apples really did do an amazing job on that banner :p Hope ya eventually get over the "swamp lung". And good luck on getting the rest of the info and such sorted.
  • edited October 2007
    I have the utmost respect for Apples for doing that banner. Its wonderful to see a company that cares about their community and would take time out of their busy schedule to thank their community for their support. I feel honered to be in such a group.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    That is quite a group right there :)
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    Hooray! Woo! RAA RAA RAA GO TEAM!
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Sorry Seattle has you under the weather, you should know that it is bright and sunny now...
    Awesome little video there....
    Ah gotta go back to work...
  • AVC808AVC808 Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    more news more info. only a little more than a month away. the excitement is just compounding!
  • no_direction_homeno_direction_home Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    feel better sean ... I DEMAND IT!!!
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    Whoa now...demanding things of someone who is ill isn't very nice...that could just make them worse, demanding they feel better like that...
  • edited October 2007
    I wanna play Team Fortress, Sean...I'll be looking for you!!!!
  • KeeblerKeebler Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    Did I hear someone say U2 in the background in the panning shot of the poster? :)
    edited October 2007
    Keebler;77043 said:
    Did I hear someone say U2 in the background in the panning shot of the poster? :)
    heard that as well as HIM
  • JimmikJimmik Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    What a nice video. The love just comes round and round. Now we'll have to make a response thank-you note for the video, as well as one to apples for putting the card together :p
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    hell yeah! That's awesome! (the video)
  • SmokaColaSmokaCola Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    Hmmm listened to it again and heard something like "We'll have U2 and then we'll have HIM". My guess is they were just saying where everyone is going to sit and all. like "We'll have you two here and him over there." So I don't think it was any indication of the actual bands.
  • edited October 2007
    deathstick;76970 said:
    I wanna play Sean Fortress, Sean...I'll be looking for you!!!!
    Fixed.

And this sentence is just to make the post long enough to satisfy the forum software.
    edited October 2007
    mattmoss;77510 said:

And this sentence is just to make the post long enough to satisfy the forum software.
    Why don't you get working at fixing that ;)
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    I'll be looking forward to some more answers and info next week, sounds good!

Nice blog by DanT, sweet answers, its good to know that when more than one person fails and they get saved, all of them are saved at once.

Great video too, I'm glad I got to be a part of that banner.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited October 2007
    SmokaCola;77489 said:
    Hmmm listened to it again and heard something like "We'll have U2 and then we'll have HIM". My guess is they were just saying where everyone is going to sit and all. like "We'll have you two here and him over there." So I don't think it was any indication of the actual bands.
    Hehe, I think it was actually a joke to make us think those bands may be in the game.
    Or maybe it was a hint? I'd really love U2's With or Without you.
  • edited October 2007
    Wow, I finally got the video to download, and it was awesome.

It surprised me how big your staff was. This confirms my suspicion that Harmonix is secretly building an army to take over Boston and the greater New England area. (Except New Jersey, because no one wants New Jersey :D )

So where's the new guy? I haven't seen him post yet. Maybe he's jealous of my new Companion Cube avatar. Don't worry, I have some cake to console him.... it's so delcious and moist. ;)
  • HMXQualityControlHMXQualityControl Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2007
    Apples;80543 said:

So where's the new guy? I haven't seen him post yet. Maybe he's jealous of my new Companion Cube avatar. Don't worry, I have some cake to console him.... it's so delcious and moist. ;)

LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!!!
  • edited October 2007
    HMXQualityControl;80678 said:
    LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!!!

Uh oh. Somebody cut the cake. I told them to wait for you, but they cut it anyway. There is still some left, though, if you hurry back.
  • edited October 2007
    Apples;80543 said:
    ... (Except New Jersey, because no one wants New Jersey :D )
    :eek:
    My poor state. Always getting ragged on.

(but I share the same sentiment. The politicians ruined it.)