25 Most Overrated Bands/Artists of All Time

Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
edited June 2008 in History of Rock
25. Spoon
24. The Arcade Fire
23. Fall Out Boy
22. Widespread Panic
21. Metallica
20. KISS
19. The Killers
18. The Hold Steady
17. The Libertines
16. Counting Crows
15. Jimmy Buffett
14. Bon Jovi
13. The Police
12. The Eagles
11. Eminem
10. Fleetwood Mac
9. Sonic Youth
8. Aerosmith
7. Billy Joel
6. Dave Matthews Band
5. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
4. Coldplay
3. Oasis
2. Nirvana
1. Not Gonna Spoil.

Where the funk is Queen!!!?

Comments

  • KingofQUEEN92KingofQUEEN92 Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    stop making these to rip on bands! you do it all the time because u want to see the bands you hate get ripped on...
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited June 2008
    KingofQUEEN92;706419 said:
    stop making these to rip on bands! you do it all the time because u want to see the bands you hate get ripped on...
    It's not my list!!!

    AND I DO NOT HATE QUEEN!!!!
  • KingofQUEEN92KingofQUEEN92 Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    I know its not your list but honestly who takes the time to search this crap and yes you do cause you have had numerous threads and posts about how they are sooo overrated...
  • TheCrimsonSaintTheCrimsonSaint Headliner
    edited June 2008
    Metallica should be gone. Fool doesn't like St. Anger... What the hell is with the hate for that album?
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited June 2008
    KingofQUEEN92;706448 said:
    I know its not your list but honestly who takes the time to search this crap and yes you do cause you have had numerous threads and posts about how they are sooo overrated...
    Hating a band is not the same as thinking they are overrated.
  • SteelersFreak1SteelersFreak1 Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    TheCrimsonSaint;706449 said:
    Metallica should be gone. Fool doesn't like St. Anger... What the hell is with the hate for that album?
    Anything by Metallica that isn't like their first four albums is awful.
  • TheCrimsonSaintTheCrimsonSaint Headliner
    edited June 2008
  • nicholasenjnicholasenj Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    ok, so some jackass on some website has no taste in music. why do I care?
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited June 2008
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited June 2008
    I agree with the list, though not necessarily the order. They should also lump together every pop band and put them at 1. They're all the same, anyways.
  • next jimmy pagenext jimmy page Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    wow that ******* who made the list has got a mouth!!!!
    i never knew aerosmith was considered overrated, nor did know that the eagles or fleetwood mac were either.
    i call bogus on the list. bloody despicable.:mad:
  • Shredder87Shredder87 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    TheCrimsonSaint;706449 said:
    Metallica should be gone. Fool doesn't like St. Anger... What the hell is with the hate for that album?
    Dude. That album sucked on so many levels. Have you listened to Some Kind Of Monster. It's a good, decent song, BUT I CAN HEAR LARS STUPID SNARE RESONATING IN THE BACK IN THE BEGINNING!!!! Speaking of Lars, his drum tone was the worst. I thought I was listening to trash cans, until I saw the DVD that came with it. Production was crappy. Not to mention most of the riffs were recycled.(Sweet Amber and St. Anger being the most obvious.)
  • ZidaneZidane Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Rockbandfan23467;706397 said:
    [/URL]

    Where the funk is Queen!!!?
    Queen is a good band. Where is Zeppelin, they have a more vocal and annoying fan base than Queen. Plus Zeppelin has been bloated into something great that they are obviously not. Plus Robert Plant does orgasm singing.
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited June 2008
    Zidane;707494 said:
    Queen is a good band. Where is Zeppelin, they have a more vocal and annoying fan base than Queen. Plus Zeppelin has been bloated into something great that they are obviously not. Plus Robert Plant does orgasm singing.
    Led Zeppelin is a good band. Queen annoys me more than Zeppelin fans. Plus Queen has been bloated into something great that they obviously are not. Plus, Freddie sings too bombasticly.
  • ZidaneZidane Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Unlike Plant, Freddie sings good. The best person in Zeppelin was Page and Zeppelin was only good until the 1980's. That, and they sucked live.
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited June 2008
    Zidane;707545 said:
    Unlike Plant, Freddie sings good. The best person in Zeppelin was Page and Zeppelin was only good until the 1980's. That, and they sucked live.
    Plant's one of the greatest singers ever! Who cares if a band sucks live! The Beatles sucked live and they are widely concidered the greatest band ever!
  • ZidaneZidane Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Okay let's consider singers Freddie and Robert. Now, without a bias-really who is the better singer? Just don't act a fool. As for them sucking live-that's a real concern of mine, makes them seem like another Dragonforce.
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited June 2008
    Both are great singers. I don't really know.


    Zeppelin beat Queen in BotB, so there!
  • ZidaneZidane Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Rockbandfan23467;707589 said:
    Both are great singers. I don't really know.


    Zeppelin beat Queen in BotB, so there!
    By 4 points! There was even a guy on that thread who said he was going to make more accounts so that Led Zeppelin would win! You Really think this Battle of the Bands stuff on this forum counts as anything? At the most only 90 people participate in it!
  • gorillawarfaregorillawarfare Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    most of these bands are widely considered to suck by critical opinion or the general public. For a band to overrated both the general public and critics must like them. I don't think critics like Aerosmith. Kiss isn't overrated because no one has liked them in 20 years. Jimmy Buffet is a punchline (see southpark). Alot of them are missevaluated. Most people who like Metallica hate St. Anger too.

    U2 is pretty overrated though.

    The most you can expect from shoutmouth.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited June 2008
    Zidane;707545 said:
    Unlike Plant, Freddie sings good. The best person in Zeppelin was Page and Zeppelin was only good until the 1980's. That, and they sucked live.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO5vciT-0Jw

    OMG THEY SUCK SO BAD THE AUDIENCE IS BOOING OMG LISTEN TO ROBERT ORGASM THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE SONG OMG OMG OMG.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited June 2008
    Zidane;707608 said:
    By 4 points! There was even a guy on that thread who said he was going to make more accounts so that Led Zeppelin would win! You Really think this Battle of the Bands stuff on this forum counts as anything? At the most only 90 people participate in it!
    114, actually. :)

    Led Zeppelin sucked live from 1977-1979. Most of their performances in 1980 were good. From 1968-1975 they were one of the best live acts around.

    But I will agree that Queen are awesome.
  • TheCrimsonSaintTheCrimsonSaint Headliner
    edited June 2008
    Shredder87;707435 said:
    Dude. That album sucked on so many levels. Have you listened to Some Kind Of Monster. It's a good, decent song, BUT I CAN HEAR LARS STUPID SNARE RESONATING IN THE BACK IN THE BEGINNING!!!! Speaking of Lars, his drum tone was the worst. I thought I was listening to trash cans, until I saw the DVD that came with it. Production was crappy. Not to mention most of the riffs were recycled.(Sweet Amber and St. Anger being the most obvious.)
    First, I like being able to hear the snare shake on the intro to "Some Kind of Monster". It adds to the garage feel and is just plain cool. Lars' drum tone kicks ass. The garbage-can snare is so raw and powerful; it's one of the best things about the album. Am I the only person who appreciates what that album is? Am I the only one who understands how to evaluate raw, unadulterated emotion that gets put through a heavy metal machine? I just don't get it. I don't think Metallica "fans" will ever be satisfied by the band again, no matter how good what they put out is.
  • Shredder87Shredder87 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    TheCrimsonSaint;707701 said:
    First, I like being able to hear the snare shake on the intro to "Some Kind of Monster". It adds to the garage feel and is just plain cool. Lars' drum tone kicks ass. The garbage-can snare is so raw and powerful; it's one of the best things about the album. Am I the only person who appreciates what that album is? Am I the only one who understands how to evaluate raw, unadulterated emotion that gets put through a heavy metal machine? I just don't get it. I don't think Metallica "fans" will ever be satisfied by the band again, no matter how good what they put out is.
    A garage feel huh? Seems to me they cheaped out on their production. Everybody and their mothers complained about Lars new god damn snare and rack. So if you dig that can then do you dig Misery Index? Probably not, but it has that same snare, same basic principle, it's just bad all around. If you really want to talk about "Raw Unadulteated emotion" look no futher than Master. St. Anger just seemed like they made it to get their paycheck.

    And it's not that we're never going to be satisfied, it's just the same "Oh we're returning to our roots on this one" bullsh** which leaves fans pissed since it isn't. It's like when you're promised say a TV from your parents. You're stoked about it, but instead they're like "Well we didn't feel like getting it, even though we promised so here's a nerf gun." It's still appreciated, but you're pretty bummed out you didn't get the original promise(That's the only analogy I could think of right now. hahahaha.)

    And yes, you're the only one that thinks so highly of that trainwreck. It just baffles me(No disrespect) on how anybody thinks it's a great album. 2 good songs, that's about it.
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited June 2008
    This one retarted guy named Teh_Jakester said
    "St. Anger is Metallica's best album."
  • Shredder87Shredder87 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Rockbandfan23467;707773 said:
    This one retarted guy named Teh_Jakester said
    "St. Anger is Metallica's best album."
    Dude........I got nothing to say to that.
  • OldFogeyOldFogey Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Rockbandfan23467;707571 said:
    The Beatles sucked live and they are widely concidered the greatest band ever!
    Wha? The Beatles were great live. They just stopped playing after '66 I think it was, until that impromptu roof concert for Let It Be.
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited June 2008
    OldFogey;707787 said:
    Wha? The Beatles were great live. They just stopped playing after '66 I think it was, until that impromptu roof concert for Let It Be.
    Well, I heard otherwise. But it was some time ago.

    You never saw them live (correct if wrong) so how would you know?
  • TheMeatballTheMeatball Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    U2 is definitely overrated.

    The Rolling Stones have put out enough trash on the ass-end of their career to drag down their earlier work.

    AC/DC's popularity amazes me, as it's common knowledge that every AC/DC song is nearly the same.
  • TheCobra49TheCobra49 Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    For most of the bands you simply talked about how much you hate them. Really? Fall out Boy? Have you heard Patrick Stump's voice; they also have an excellent drummer. And Fob's lyrics only make sense when you're in love pretty much.
Sign In or Register to comment.