Friday the 13th

m00pm00p Banned
edited June 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
Anyone have any bad luck already? I have an exam today in German, and im afraid im probly gonna fail it :(

Comments

• ClubberLangClubberLang Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    m00p;736156 said:
    Anyone have any bad luck already? I have an exam today in German, and im afraid im probly gonna fail it :(
    Hier Komm Alex
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited June 2008
    lol I've been playing that one song all morning, thinking it would help :D
  • AraghaAragha I posted 10,000 times and all I got was this lousy title
    edited June 2008
    I never have bad luck on Friday the 13th. It's kinda the opposite (prolly 'cause my mom's lucky # is 13). My school is having this thing called Spree Day. It's an end of the year celebration with small carnival rides and those inflatable obstacle courses, all right outside of the school! But last year my toenail snapped in half on one of the obstacle courses, but that wasn't the 13th!
  • HozukoHozuko Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    I hit a hooker on the way to work and had two abortions.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited June 2008
    I don't usually have any bad luck. And I've even had good luck on some occasions.
  • Fatal_TFatal_T Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    I don't usually believe in that jinx - I've got the day off today, so I plan to take it as easy as possible.
  • edited June 2008
    A Man With A Hockey Mask Just Broke Through My Do
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited June 2008
    Yes, it's that time again! Time for the interesting factoid of the day!!!

Friday the 13th was not really considered unlucky until at least 1307. This was because Friday, October 13, 1307 marked the arrest of the Knights Templar all across Europe.

Their simultaneous arrest, charging with Heresy and being in league with the Devil and burning at the stake all contributed to the unluckiness of this day.

Needless to say, I don't believe in the curse of Friday the 13th. In fact, I don't believe in the curse of the number 13 at all. I think it has served me well over the years. My father used to give me a hard time because my hockey jersey (I play goalie) is #13 and he firmly sticks to unlucky 13, thinking that I'll give my team bad luck. So far, it's been working great. I've been playing better with this jersey than I ever did before.
  • Fatal_TFatal_T Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    whofan;736437 said:
    Yes, it's that time again! Time for the interesting factoid of the day!!!

Friday the 13th was not really considered unlucky until at least 1307. This was because Friday, October 13, 1307 marked the arrest of the Knights Templar all across Europe.

Their simultaneous arrest, charging with Heresy and being in league with the Devil and burning at the stake all contributed to the unluckiness of this day.
    Interesting, I never realized that, even though I've read up a bit on the Knights.
  • grumpypariahgrumpypariah Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    i have bad luck everyday.

maybe the negatives will cancel out and i'll actually have good luck
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited June 2008
    It's Friday. The last day of the work week. How can that possibly be unlucky? :p
  • BlackbombsBlackbombs Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    Usually, everyone always has good luck on this day because they are always trying to prevent the bad luck.
  • moshunmoshun Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    FAWK!! Of all days, nature had to hit me up starting on this day of the month... Damnit all to hell...............
  • HokonosoHokonoso Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    friday the 13 are always lucky for me as im not superstitious at all, i cross every black cat i can find, if i ever even see a ladder near me i will intentionally go under it and i break mirrors reguarly.

With that said, today has been extra lucky, was late ordering a fathers day gift for my father last night and it came in this morning! (which is insane since I did 2 day shipping not overnight). Getting a new car today as well and will have a great day playing rock band I'm sure!

p.s. I am a lucky person in general, when I go to a packed parking lot I intentionally drive to the front as more often then note someone is leaving as I get there. I also get lots and lots of green lights in a row, think my record is 13 red ligths in a row (no joke), I swear it is my number.
  • IslandBoy91IslandBoy91 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    It's my friends birthday today, as long as another one of my friends sister's birthday.

I've had a great day, because it's finals week, I got to come in to school at 9, we had marching practice for graduation, that took about a half an hour. Then, because I had a study hall for the scheduled final, I got to go hang out at my friends house for an hour, then we went to lunch.
    My next final scheduled was for drama. We just had to answer 3 "essay"* questions, that took a half hour. The drama teacher wasn't there so our principal gave us the test, we finished really early and he let us go home. We went to another one of my friends house and hung out for an hour and a half.
    Then we went to Senior Farewell (it was actually good this year. I was given an amplifier in the Senior Will...Because I'm so quiet.) That took about a half hour or so. It was 2:20 when it got out and they let us go home a little early. It was wicked nice out today so we went to the quarry (one of the local swimmin' holes :p before lobstering became big, granite was the main industry out here, the granite quarries flooded after they mined them out and now we go swimming in them [the granite makes up a majority of the Brooklyn Bridge, the stone eagles on the New York post office, some of the Washington Monument and the granite columns in the Big Gothic Cathedral in NYC, I heard they are the biggest columns in the world, the are taller ones but these ones are made of one big piece, no seams.])
    lol sorry for the history lesson. I guess I take a small amount of pride knowing NYC wouldn't be all of what it is today without my little island :p.
  • facufacu Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    well so far this has been the luckiest day in like a long time.
    my friend has rockband and im gonna be able to go hang out with him tomorrow =)
    and i also am getting rockband next week!!
    the only bad thing that happened today was that i almost broke my leg on the trampoline 0_0
  • DaytmanDaytman Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    I lost my entire 2000+ song iTunes library :'(
  • BhindBluEyes430BhindBluEyes430 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Well not today so much but yesterday was bad

So for our senior prank at school we desided to have a little Beach party/BBQ in the school parking lot. We had around 25 cars that we would encircle so no security or police could get in. So we meet at anothe highschool and organised it. We had people black traffic so our convoy of 25 cars could arive at school at the exact same time. Everything is running smothly till its time to turn into the parking lot then BAMM everyone jams on their breaks not anticipating the turn. I was around 7 or 8 cars back, And I tap the kid infront of me, Then My friend in a Jeep slams my back at around 10 mph At Least he was on his breaks. To make matters worse BAMMMM the kid behind him slams into him doing at least 35 mph. Luckly my freind infront of me recived no damage "Monty Carlo is a boat of a car" Anyway I can drive fine my lights are smashed and my side panels are folded as well as my trunk. I take it an hour later to get an Estimate "I have no Colision" ITS TOTALED the chassis is Cracked and would take too much money to fix.
    So all 3 cars are totaled, But that was yesterday.

Funny thing I have a subwoofer and Guitar amp in my trunk. my guitar was back there. When I left my house i herd a bumping when the bass hit so I found the guitar was leaning on the Sub, luckly I moved it Or I would have lost both My sub woofer and Guitar, But The guitar took a blow and broke the wood on my amp but both function still.

But everyones fine exept me And my freind that was behind me who got a sever case of Whiplash. I only got a little whiplash but its still annoying
  • Rawker1313Rawker1313 Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    Fatal_T;736445 said:
    Interesting, I never realized that, even though I've read up a bit on the Knights.
    Actually it was from the Last Grand Master of the Knights Templar, Jacques DeMolay who was burned at the stake on Friday the 13th 1307 by King Philip the Fair of France.

The Templar became way to rich and powerful even more so than the king, so he set out on a quest to elimate all of the knights templar because they were more powerful than him.

So when DeMolay was captured and tortored to give up the locations and names of his fellow brethern and even more accusations he was condemned to burn at the stake. Rumor has it that DeMolay cursed the King as he was burning at the stake, and the king died of unknown causes within 6 months of his execution.

That's my history lesson for today. Sorry I just love Knights Templar History I find it really cool. The following link has a lot more info if your interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_de_Molay
  • leftover_crackleftover_crack Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    it was my last day of school