The Dream Thread

Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
edited July 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
Logue your dreams! Explain them, etc.

Last night, I had a dream where in order to get to school we had to push gigantic grocery carts filled with students to the school, which is funny because we will not have buses next year. I thoroughly remember in the dream riding in one. It was fun.

And last year I had a dream that a nuke went off. It was the most realistic dream I've ever had. My house was destroyed, and I remember seeing the mushroom cloud.

And also last year I remember having a dream where everyone in the school but me got a virus which killed them all, and they were buried in the field that's near the school. At the end of the dream I remember seeing people lower the girl I liked's coffin into the ground. Creepy ****.

Care to share?

Comments

• DarkSide247DarkSide247 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    I once had a dream I was Chuck Billy of Testament. >_<
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited June 2008
    DarkSide247;753802 said:
    I once had a dream I was Chuck Billy of Testament. >_<</div>
    XD

I remember several years ago where the same object kept appearing in my dreams. I don't remember what it was, but I remember the dreams. I also had a phase where in every dream I'd fall to death.
  • AlliterationAmyAlliterationAmy Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Julio_Strikes_Back;753769 said:

And last year I had a dream that a nuke went off. It was the most realistic dream I've ever had. My house was destroyed, and I remember seeing the mushroom cloud.
    Care to share?
    I had a dream really similar to this a few weeks ago, it was the most realistic and scariest dream I've ever had. First off, in my dream, I remember everyone was going crazy, running in all directions and whatnot. I then ran into my house where things got a little less crazy. After that, I remember all the lights inside my house would begin to flash red indicating some sort of emergency. I walked outside and remember a warm wind blowing, I looked into the sky to see a cloudy, red sky (like the one from CoD 4, I guess). At that point, my heart started racing.

At that point in the dream, I was woken up by a loud sound somewhere outside my house. It sounded exactly like one of those warning sirens that sounds when a nuke is about to land. I started freaking out in real life. I was looking outside to see what was making the sound and if indeed it was a warning siren. I turned the television onto CNN to see if there was any information on this, there was not. It might have been a test, I'm not sure, but it almost gave me a heart attack. The siren thing continued for like another minute or two until it suddenly stopped.

The siren sounded exactly like this, except it wouldn't stay in the high notes for such a long time. It move from the low - high notes in a wave-like pattern.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvAkfupDj74&feature=related
    edited June 2008
    AlliterationAmy;753876 said:
    I had a dream really similar to this a few weeks ago, it was the most realistic and scariest dream I've ever had. First off, in my dream, I remember everyone was going crazy, running in all directions and whatnot. I then ran into my house where things got a little less crazy. After that, I remember all the lights inside my house would begin to flash red indicating some sort of emergency. I walked outside and remember a warm wind blowing, I looked into the sky to see a cloudy, red sky (like the one from CoD 4, I guess). At that point, my heart started racing.

At that point in the dream, I was woken up by a loud sound somewhere outside my house. It sounded exactly like one of those warning sirens that sounds when a nuke is about to land. I started freaking out in real life. I was looking outside to see what was making the sound and if indeed it was a warning siren. I turned the television onto CNN to see if there was any information on this, there was not. It might have been a test, I'm not sure, but it almost gave me a heart attack. The siren thing continued for like another minute or two until it suddenly stopped.

The siren sounded exactly like this, except it wouldn't stay in the high notes for such a long time. It move from the low - high notes in a wave-like pattern.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvAkfupDj74&feature=related
    Yup. At the beginning of the dream I was peeking out of the window, and I turned to look away but I saw a massive mushroom cloud rising up. I remember running as fast as I could and grabbing my family and basically throwing them down the stairs, we made it just in time. When we got in the basement, my sisters car flew right through the roof and into the basement right in front of where we were taking shelter. Then the shockwave hit and the entire 1st floor of the house was ripped off.
  • BhindBluEyes430BhindBluEyes430 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Ill be using this thread alot lol

This isent technicaly a dream, it happend before I fell asleep, This is what I think of when I cant sleep

Video Game Idea #1

What if there was a videogame similar too farcry/GTA/Call of duty/ Raindow six vegas that took place in an Amusement park? I work at a waterpark and I realise how awesome of a Map it could be for a FPS, Now My idea is that could be expanded on. Imagine an entie video game bassed on an Amusement park, Open world,with destructable enviorment. Imagine having a playground that looked like this

http://www.griffith.ws/InFlightPhotos/CedarPoint1.jpg

http://www.griffith.ws/InFlightPhotos/CedarPoint2.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:CedarPoint_EastView_DSCN9499.JPG

Cerdar point would be the most logical place for a game of this size and magnitude. An penisula secluded from the mainland, 15 ROLLERCOASTERS, A waterpark area that would make a crazy multiplayer arena

The story could be simple Your job is to infultrate the park that has been
    taken by a terrorist orginisation. They are holding people hostage at several areas of the park, It is your main objective to sabotage the leaders main HQ but youll encounter many obsticals. You can chose to complete your objectives Stealthly or Run and gun it.

Now almost everyones been to an amusement park. Think about it You could create an Entire multiplayer map out of 1 roller coaster. there is plenty of cover in the scenrey and waiting lines. Theres main buildings and Sniper positions on the Roller coasters themselves. Waterpark Matches would be intense. since slides provide cover as well as quick transportation.

Just an Idea, this post is more about reminding me of the idea and perserving it

BTW WTF THIS IS WHERE I WORK WHY IS THIS PICTURE ON THE INTERNET HAHAHA http://web.mit.edu/lnicks/Public/blog/2006/waterpark.jpg 2006 That could be me down there!
    edited June 2008
    BhindBluEyes430;753924 said:
    Ill be using this thread alot lol

This isent technicaly a dream, it happend before I fell asleep, This is what I think of when I cant sleep

Video Game Idea #1

What if there was a videogame similar too farcry/GTA/Call of duty/ Raindow six vegas that took place in an Amusement park? I work at a waterpark and I realise how awesome of a Map it could be for a FPS, Now My idea is that could be expanded on. Imagine an entie video game bassed on an Amusement park, Open world,with destructable enviorment. Imagine having a playground that looked like this

http://www.griffith.ws/InFlightPhotos/CedarPoint1.jpg

http://www.griffith.ws/InFlightPhotos/CedarPoint2.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:CedarPoint_EastView_DSCN9499.JPG

Cerdar point would be the most logical place for a game of this size and magnitude. An penisula secluded from the mainland, 15 ROLLERCOASTERS, A waterpark area that would make a crazy multiplayer arena

The story could be simple Your job is to infultrate the park that has been
    taken by a terrorist orginisation. They are holding people hostage at several areas of the park, It is your main objective to sabotage the leaders main HQ but youll encounter many obsticals. You can chose to complete your objectives Stealthly or Run and gun it.

Now almost everyones been to an amusement park. Think about it You could create an Entire multiplayer map out of 1 roller coaster. there is plenty of cover in the scenrey and waiting lines. Theres main buildings and Sniper positions on the Roller coasters themselves. Waterpark Matches would be intense. since slides provide cover as well as quick transportation.

Just an Idea, this post is more about reminding me of the idea and perserving it

BTW WTF THIS IS WHERE I WORK WHY IS THIS PICTURE ON THE INTERNET HAHAHA http://web.mit.edu/lnicks/Public/blog/2006/waterpark.jpg 2006 That could be me down there!
    YOU WORK AT CEDAR POINT????

I live really close to it, about a half hour away.

And also a ruined amusement park would be a friggin awesome CoD4 level.
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Wow, I was just thinking of starting a thread like this a few hours ago :p

I had a pretty random one last night though, in no way profound an meaningful.
    At first I was in a very deep pool trying to get to the surface to escape a shark, then all of a sudden I was in front of a computer.
    The web browser was open on the gaming blog joystiq.com.
    The only noteworthy thing about it was that on the front page the top story was about a forum poster that had posted something (can't recall what) on a forum.
    The writer of the story described the poster as an ignorant jackass and a complete fool. I clicked the link to the post and it turns out the poster was me. Then I woke up :p
  • StewieStewie Stewie Star
    edited June 2008
    Sveppi;754066 said:
    Wow, I was just thinking of starting a thread like this a few hours ago :p

I had a pretty random one last night though, in no way profound an meaningful.
    At first I was in a very deep pool trying to get to the surface to escape a shark, then all of a sudden I was in front of a computer.
    The web browser was open on the gaming blog joystiq.com.
    The only noteworthy thing about it was that on the front page the top story was about a forum poster that had posted something (can't recall what) on a forum.
    The writer of the story described the poster as an ignorant jackass and a complete fool. I clicked the link to the post and it turns out the poster was me. Then I woke up :p
    Weird dream
    Funny cause I made this thread once before

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46021&highlight=dream+thread

I guess it got lost in the shuffle.
  • BhindBluEyes430BhindBluEyes430 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Julio_Strikes_Back;753965 said:
    YOU WORK AT CEDAR POINT????

I live really close to it, about a half hour away.

And also a ruined amusement park would be a friggin awesome CoD4 level.
    No I wish The pic I have bolded at the bottom is where I work

Its a small Water park in New Jersey close to sandy hook. Also give a great view of the city although its pretty far. I was just exited because I randomly searched Water park in pics and that came up. Its not very well known to anyone outside of Central Jersey

I have been to Cedar point I loved it Totally kicks the ass out of the Six Flags where I live and thats the one with Kingda ka the largest coaster in the world I was on it once i waited 3 hours
    Where at cedar point the most i waited was 45 min for Millennium force
  • SilentCapybaraSilentCapybara Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    Ok these might be long, but here goes:

I always have a recurring dream. It's always the same dream if I do dream that night, because sometimes I go to sleep without dreaming.

I am in a mall and everything is cool. I make my way to the end of the mall and see people playing games and stuff. Then I go into a costume shop and the mall closes. I am rushed out of the shop and into the mall. All the doors are locked and the shops are barred. But then these freaks with scary faces (like disfigured clowns and stuff -- My #1 fear) and try to grab me. I can't escape and finally I collapse into the fetal position and just wait for it to be over. I never know what torture I am going through. They are screaming and stuff.

Another recurring dream:

I am at some laser tag place in a swanky hotel. There are two doors: A red door that leads to a red arena and a blue door with a dark arena. Sometime i go red, sometimes I go blue, but they lead to the same place. A scary laser tag arena and I am alone except for freaky clowns (see above explanation) trying to hurt/kill me. I go through the game and they grab me. Then I wake up.
    edited June 2008
    Stewie;754074 said:
    Weird dream
    Funny cause I made this thread once before

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46021&highlight=dream+thread

I guess it got lost in the shuffle.
    Sorry. :( I hardly use the search function anymore. :o
    edited June 2008
    BhindBluEyes430;754077 said:
    No I wish The pic I have bolded at the bottom is where I work

Its a small Water park in New Jersey close to sandy hook. Also give a great view of the city although its pretty far. I was just exited because I randomly searched Water park in pics and that came up. Its not very well known to anyone outside of Central Jersey

I have been to Cedar point I loved it Totally kicks the ass out of the Six Flags where I live and thats the one with Kingda ka the largest coaster in the world I was on it once i waited 3 hours
    Where at cedar point the most i waited was 45 min for Millennium force
    Harhar. Two years ago (the last time we went :() we were riding the Raptor, and when the ride was over, right before we docked in the place where we got on the ride froze. We were stuck there for about 15 minutes. The other train was at the very top of the first hill and were stuck there. :D We got a free ride on the Millenium Force and got to cut everyone else. When we were going up the hill I heard someone scream "don't break this one, *******s." :D

*ahem* uh, back to dreams. I heard taking a vitamin b12 supplement helps you dream more and remember them better. I should start taking them.
  • Mikey803Mikey803 Headliner
    edited June 2008
    I don't have to many dreams that I remember but my friend tells me some of his...

1 of interest to me cuz I am in it:

Me and him are in a platoon during the Vietnam War and parts of his dreams we write letters to our familes and he only writes to his girlfriend. And theres also a couple of minor skrimishes. But later in the dream the platoon gets ambushed and everybody but me and him die. But he gets shot in the arm and I get shot in the leg....

...thats where he says the dream ends...

kinda weird but I was in it so it relates to me...
  • bood-boybood-boy Headliner
    edited June 2008
    i dreamed the next day one time.

k about 6 years ago, one night i had a dream, that i was on the beach, and i had my computer with me, and then form out of nowhere a huuuuge tidal wave was coming in, and everyone was screaming and running away. the wave was huge, like a giant building high.. and i remmeber running away, then i had to run back to the beach because i left my computer there. i remembered the dream when i woke up, and told my roomate about it

so the next day, i want to watch a movie, i have lots of time, and i had borrowed "the abyss" from my friend like 8 months earlier, had no intention of watching it really at any point, so i decide to watch it spontaneously! i had never ever seen it, all i knew about it was it had to do with going underwater and ed harris was in it. then the end of the movie comes where the aliens underwater send the huge tidal waves to scare the humans? the sequence was like identical to my dream! i was soo freaked out.. i still kinda am to this day.

i dreamed the next day another time too, but it wasnt as exciting as that one.. to me at least.
  • edited June 2008
    kind of random like the rest of the stuff i do i guess:D

i had to take a bunch of people out of hell and get them back to thier bodies so they can live again so when i get out i immediatly get ran over by an ambulance:mad: and now(in real life ) i try to cross the highway and usually a bus or something comes out of nowhere:confused:
    i walk in ditches now
  • merryannmerryann Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    I have the same nightmare every month. :(
  • Mikey803Mikey803 Headliner
    edited June 2008
    about what?

...about ^^ or about something else?
  • phasemanphaseman Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    Anyone ever have a dream within a dream?
    edited July 2008
    phaseman;848370 said:
    Anyone ever have a dream within a dream?
    I haven't. In all of my dreams I am thoroughly convinced what is happening is real. I remember waking up from the nuclear bomb dream (it was very vivid and clear) and looking around my room and saying "what the hell..."