"Moving Pictures" eyed for DLC

mjlambert1mjlambert1 Road Warrior
edited June 2008 in Your Ultimate Setlist
According to the latest issue of Game Informer, Harmonix is looking into Rush's "Moving Pictures" album for a future album DLC. Part of me goes :) while the other part goes :confused:

The two tracks already available (either already in-game or as DLC) from the album are "Tom Sawyer" and "Limelight". Both of these are covers. It won't work if some tracks are covers while others are master tracks. Some consistency is needed.

Another qualm is the track, "YYZ." A great track nonetheless, but an instrumental nonetheless. Does this mean that Harmonix is going to pursue music without vocals...thus leading to bass-less, drum-less, or guitar-less songs down the road? In all honesty, I would love to jam out to music like "Green Onions" (no vocals), "Peaches En Regalia" (no vocals), "Fell In Love With A Girl" (no bass), or "One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces" (no guitar).

What do you, the gamers at home, think?

Comments

• Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited June 2008
    I honestly think vocals aren't THAT important. I mean the game is being promoted as like a group thing but I think vocals are the least used no? No one bought rock band to sing. well maybe. But yea, I think maybe you might see instrumental that don't have vocals. I mean Master of Puppets has Orion so...
  • HamsterhitmanHamsterhitman Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    I hope not. I'd buy a couple songs, no doubt, but I would much rather have another album.
  • gonadsandstrifegonadsandstrife Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    Lets not forget that Moving Pictures also only has 7 dongs on it. We almost have half the album already.

dongs? you know what I mean.
  • mazzymazzy Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    I think that Farewell To Kings would work well.... Has Xanadu and Cygnyus for jams. Closer to the heart is sweet and ballady and the rest of the songs are very solid. To me, it would be a nice complete album for all insturments....

I also agree that the singer is not neccesary, they could have a tamborine or something, or the singer can just take a break and have a smoke/soda/beer or something.....
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited June 2008
    Any Rush album would be gladly DL'd by me.

Fly By Night
    Permanent Waves
    Snakes & Arrows
    Signals
    Grace Under Pressure
    Power Windows
    A Farewell To Kings
    Hemispheres
    Caress Of Steel

and

Rush

I'm glad though that there is at least the rumor of Moving Pictures. I would like to see "Red Barchetta", "Vital Signs" and "Witch Hunt" all get there turn in Rock Band.

Also "YYZ" would be a great track for drummers, guitarists and bassists. A nice "bathroom break" track for a singer that may have had a lot to drink. :)
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited June 2008
    or the Greatest Hits one to sum it all up. haha
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited June 2008
    But they have a lot of non-hits that rock.

Rush has very few "bad" songs to their name. :)
  • princeofcups777princeofcups777 Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    Alvarado6411;757666 said:
    I honestly think vocals aren't THAT important. I mean the game is being promoted as like a group thing but I think vocals are the least used no? No one bought rock band to sing. well maybe. But yea, I think maybe you might see instrumental that don't have vocals. I mean Master of Puppets has Orion so...
    With our group we ALWAYS have a singer. We are sometimes missing a drummer, guitarist, or bassist. To the folks that I play with, lyrics are very important. For example, my girlfriend hates singing Welcome Home because of the misogyny, and Run to the Hills because it's insulting to Native Americans. She loves singing Still Alive because it is hilarious, and Sex Type Thing because of it's anti-rape message.
  • Mr. TateMr. Tate Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    If I were to choose a Rush album I would not choose this one (mainly because considered the fact that 2 songs out of 7 are already on DLC), however I would count the days to the release date if it were to be released. :)
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited June 2008
    gonadsandstrife;757725 said:
    Lets not forget that Moving Pictures also only has 7 dongs on it. We almost have half the album already.

dongs? you know what I mean.
    I'd rather not have the other 5 dongs in the game. 2 dongs is enough as is!
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited June 2008
    The Spirit of Radio is a MUST HAVE!!!!
  • BigMonkEBigMonkE Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    I don't give a **** if it was all covers, I'd still buy it.
  • bassplayer0824bassplayer0824 Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    I think I'd much rather have more Metallica, maybe Master of Puppets...
  • smoosh62smoosh62 Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    With so many albums it's very hard to just pick one and get the quintessential Rush songs we need. HMX needs to release a variety of Rush songs, who needs an actual album.. Closer to the Heart, Fly By Night, The Spirit of the Radio, 2112 Overture/ Temples of Syrinx, Freewill, Subdivisions, Red Barchetta.. There you have it. 6 songs just like Boston. Covering a large array of Rush's musical talent. Everyone is happy
  • edited June 2008
    I'd buy it but to be truthful I must must have Spirit of the Radio...
  • FLYmeatwadFLYmeatwad Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    Alvarado6411;757666 said:
    I would take the opposite side of that argument. Regardless of whether vocals are used while playing or not, and despite how much I love Rush, the backbone of every great song are meaningful, thought provoking, well written lyrics. That's where the joy in singing comes for me, even though I don't have a good singing voice.

As such, I'd say go for the rest of Moving Pictures, but replace Limelight with 'Bastille Day' because that song would be great on Rock Band, replace Tom Sawyer with 'A Farewell to Kings' 'Lakeside Park' 'Free Will' 'Spirit of the Radio' or another well known Rush song, and axe YYZ in favor of something from Snakes and Arrows, my vote goes to 'The Larger Bowl'