Rock Blog FRIDAY 10/19/07

edited October 2007 in Announcements
Hey all! This will just be a quick one today as it has been a wicked long week and I am looking forward to heading home, playing some TF2, watching my brand new DVD's of season one of the Bob Newhart Show, and probably falling asleep at a decent hour. How rock is that? IeeeeeeeI want to sleep all night - and then work for most of the day! Seriously, though, I feel 70. Maybe 75. And not the 75 portrayed on tv like - "old guy with white hair doing yoga on a cliff overlooking the sea while some narrator talks about how much better my life is with my diabetes under control." I mean the traditional kind... that watches Bob Newhart... sleeps at a decent hour... and plays TF2? Maybe I have some life in me yet.

Proper respect to DeVron (one of our producers) who I played Rock Band with yesterday for a good solid hour or so. He took drums, I played guitar and sang and we just played through a bunch of songs for no particularly good reason other than just enjoying the game. It was awesome.

Speaking of "awesome"- here is this interview I did with the Boston Phoenix. I'd see if you could try counting the number of times I say that particular word in that article but that would be like asking someone to count the stars in the sky or the grains of sand on a beach - impossible. I think I may need to ratchet that word back. maybe come up with a new word. I'll think about this over the weekend.

BLOGS!

DanT's in depth look at the BWT character creator.

Mossman answers your questions. Or his questions. I'm not clear. Let's try this again. Mossman answers some questions.

Comments

• ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    Sweet Blogs today from both DanT and Mossman.

I hear the more TF2 you play the younger you feel!

Nice interview there Sean, my favorite part:

"One of the things that came across that might not come through in text, though, was just how passionate and genuinely excited about Rock Band he was. You get a clear sense talking to him that he will gladly talk about it for hours, and never lose interest. He even told us as much."
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited October 2007
    Lots of new info coming out in the last couple days. I'm a happy camper on the Rock Band forums.

I liked the reference to the ScoreHero trip in your interview...
    I showed this game off for 13 hours a few weeks ago, and I feel like I didn't even scratch the surface. This game is gigantic. There are so many ways to play this.
    Anyway (off-topic), since all of the new info and the fact that it's been over two months since you posted this...
    hmxsean;40656 said:
    I got to play a mode of the game we haven't really shown off at all and I can honestly say it was one of the funnest things I have ever played in video games. I think it may actually be something of an awesome breakout thing to do. The second I can talk more about it I will, I just had to say something - it was that awesome.
    Is it still too early to talk about or has the mode been revealed over the course of the last couple months? I'm insanely curious; I can't help but ask.
  • edited October 2007
    Magnet;83034 said:
    Anyway (off-topic), since all of the new info and the fact that it's been over two months since you posted this...

Is it still too early to talk about or has the mode been revealed over the course of the last couple months? I'm insanely curious; I can't help but ask.
    I was talking about Drum Tug of War. It is incredible. Really really incredible. Even when the two drummers are on different difficulties (it sounds amazing).
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    I feel your pain man, slight case of the flu (or is it cold?) is keeping me down and out for tonight.

I hope I can be good for tomorrow's sox game.
  • foolosophyfoolosophy Road Warrior
    edited October 2007
    hmxsean;83115 said:
    I was talking about Drum Tug of War. It is incredible. Really really incredible. Even when the two drummers are on different difficulties (it sounds amazing).
    Ah so there ends that rumor, I had a feeling we'd already seen all the modes but everyone kept thinking there was some sort of hidden feature we didn't know about.
  • Blue88Blue88 Opening Act
    edited October 2007
    Might I suggest "Sparky" or "Sparkin'" as the new word for awesome?
  • edited October 2007
    Bob Newart... isn't that like an old person's show?
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited October 2007
    hmxsean;82931 said:

Speaking of "awesome"- here is this interview I did with the Boston Phoenix. I'd see if you could try counting the number of times I say that particular word in that article but that would be like asking someone to count the stars in the sky or the grains of sand on a beach - impossible.
    It was only 10.
  • edited October 2007
    Sean, I have an idea for further versions of the game, but I'm not giving it up on the boards...somethin' I was thinking about today that very well could fit into the "awesomitude" category, but I'm sure you're already ahead of me on it!
  • edited October 2007
    Sean Baptiste eh.. Part rock, part maitre'de. I think you've got a good gimmick going on there, oh moustached one.
  • edited October 2007
    Blue88;83345 said:
    Might I suggest "Sparky" or "Sparkin'" as the new word for awesome?
    I think the word you're looking for is "shiny." TV told me so.
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    mattmoss;83826 said:
    What's this? MattMoss posting!? What's with the blasphemy!?
  • QuastorQuastor Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    mattmoss;83826 said:
    Do we have browncoats starting to emerge from the shadows of the forums?
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    I believe they only emerge to refill on munchies and beer, and for bi-monthly showers. moss must be hungry :P
  • HMXJohnlokHMXJohnlok Harmonix Developer
    edited October 2007
    lithiumkc;84028 said:
    I believe they only emerge to refill on munchies and beer, and for bi-monthly showers. moss must be hungry :P
    Everything is under control now.
  • DoshinDoshin Unsigned
    edited October 2007
    Quastor;83947 said:
    Do we have browncoats starting to emerge from the shadows of the forums?
    gorram brown coats....
  • edited October 2007
    Doshin;85619 said:
    gorram brown coats....
    Now now... just take your PAX and everything will be fine.
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited October 2007
    Mr. Moss has the best answers to all of life's questions.... I believe his most common answer is "No". It's a pleasant no. A pleasant mossy no.
  • edited October 2007
    Enosity;86398 said:
    A pleasant mossy no.
    A pleasant, mossy knoll?

:D
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited October 2007
    mattmoss;86418 said:
    A pleasant, mossy knoll?

:D
    I smell another Conspiracy!!