Weekly HMX Dev Rock Blogs - 6/23 to 6/27

edited June 2008 in Announcements
There's a big Rock Blog from me this week. 3/5ths of the HMX Community Team took a trip to New York City this weekend to attend the launch of Rock Band Wii at the Nintendo World Store. You can find tales of our adventures by clicking on the handy link below.

http://www.rockband.com/rockers_blog_entry/hmxhenry/359310

It's like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but with far less recreational drug use, or like On The Road, but with far better grammar. Check it out!

-HMXHenry

Comments

• OfChristandMenOfChristandMen Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    Great trip, glad to hear you guys made a big hit at the Wii Store. But where was: "No Sleep Til' Brooklyn" on your Mix Tape?
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited June 2008
    So, you finally got subjected to the HELL that is playing "Enter Sandman", "Dani California" & "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" constantly.

It's about time. Welcome to the club.

Maybe now you will have more discounted DLC so the "cheap bastards" can get some. Leading to more people wanting to play on-line. :p:D;)
  • VedicardiVedicardi Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Just like how the only two songs anyone ever picks while I am singing are "Dani California" and "Welcome Home"
  • darknessmoondarknessmoon Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    HMXHenry;771231 said:
    There's a big Rock Blog from me this week. 3/5ths of the HMX Community Team took a trip to New York City this weekend to attend the launch of Rock Band Wii at the Nintendo World Store. You can find tales of our adventures by clicking on the handy link below.

http://www.rockband.com/rockers_blog_entry/hmxhenry/359310

It's like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but with far less recreational drug use, or like On The Road, but with far better grammar. Check it out!

-HMXHenry
    Lol, "far less?" Not, "none at all?" :p
  • edited June 2008
    darknessmoon;773050 said:
    Well I can only really speak for myself. I wasn't watching the rest of the team all night long, but I know I'm clean. Unless milkshakes count as a recreational drug.
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    darknessmoon;773050 said:
    dag, beat me to it, haha
  • edited June 2008
    Hey all,

Time for another "rock blog" from an "admin" named "Alex."

This week, I take on the controversial issue comedy in music. And by take on the subject, I mean I talk about a lot of comedic bands that I find personally entertaining, and think you will too. For all the Flight of the Conchords and Tenacious D pushers on our forums, this one's for you!

http://www.rockband.com/rockers_blog_entry/HMXaleX/360615
  • BathTubBathTub Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    HMXaleX;776023 said:
    Hey all,

Time for another "rock blog" from an "admin" named "Alex."

This week, I take on the controversial issue comedy in music. And by take on the subject, I mean I talk about a lot of comedic bands that I find personally entertaining, and think you will too. For all the Flight of the Conchords and Tenacious D pushers on our forums, this one's for you!

http://www.rockband.com/rockers_blog_entry/HMXaleX/360615
    Well I hope you check out Dr Demento I don't know if he's on the air in Boston, but he puts each weeks show for purchase up on his website. That should really be anyones first stop for comedy music, new and old.

For real Comedy Rockers you should check out Possible Oscar, I really think these guys would work well in Rock Band, especially something like Dead Nintendo or probably better, Talk Nerdy to Me, plus I know they are ready and willing and able (they do a lot of sound engineering for other artists).

For your more faster paced punk you should check out Worm Quartet. He's totally nuts, but in a good way. "C is for Lettuce" would give a good idea of what he's like, What Your Parents Think All Your Music Sounds Like is quite a favourite unfortunately waaay to explicit for Rock Band I guess.

Sudden Death is more towards the Rap side of things, and he's had a lot of hits on the Dr Demento Show, a mix of classic rap with "My Atari" (My Adidas by Run DMC) to newer stuff like Longer (Stronger by Kanye West) and originals like Pillagers

That's just barely scratching the surface, seriously check out Dr Demento's show or somewhere like The FuMP (The Funny Music Project), where the above guys release a lot of music free, plus a lot of other people like Jonathan Coulton (I know you know who he is), MC Lars, the great Luke Ski, Tom Smith and a whole bunch more.
  • icmac3icmac3 Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    That sounds like fun!! I wish i was there to show off my easy vocals, lol:p
  • edited June 2008
    My ipod ran out of batteries this morning. Now I have nothing to listen to on the trip home. Check the link to see more of me crying about it.

http://www.rockband.com/rockers_blog_entry/hmxhenry/361699?redir=1

Self indulgent whining or a subtle commentary on our culture of convenience? I'll let you decide.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited June 2008
    HMXHenry;774011 said:
    Well I can only really speak for myself. I wasn't watching the rest of the team all night long, but I know I'm clean. Unless milkshakes count as a recreational drug.
    Don't think milkshakes do... caffeine might, however. Of course, the caffeine you would get from a chocolate milkshake would barely even count...