Play Doolittle with Me (and maybe some other HMX'ers)

edited June 2008 in Announcements
Hey everybody,

On Wednesday night, June 25th, I (and hopefully other Harmonix Devs) will jump online at 8pm EST and play songs from the Doolittle album with you. I am that stoked to have it out there as DLC.

So here is how this works, what you will need:

- A 360 with an online enabled Gamertag
- The Pixies album DLC (once individual tracks go up you can get those too but the truth is I plan to play through the whole album, Silver included)
- You'll need to friend me and any other devs who show up here.
- (OPTIONAL) You can also friend each other to make this a bigger party.

Here is what you need from me-

- My gamertag: MufflerCapybara (note that there is a limit to how many people I can friend).

Let's do this thing!

Comments

• WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited June 2008
    Awesome! You've convinced me to get the album. My gamertag is WhiffleBallTony. I'll send you a friend request right now.
  • edited June 2008
    gunstarheroes777;774766 said:
    I call dibs on drums Sean, unless thats what your taking. If not, ill take the bass.
    I'll probably sing but I am flexible. I just don't want to play guitar (4 years here at HMX and I still suck at guitar).
  • bigellbigell Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    elfreako;774764 said:
    Sean corrected the post, it's tomorow night. As for Pearl Jam, I don't think we need to ask.

I'll leave this thread now since I'm a neglecetd PS3 owner. There's a box car waiting outside...

Ok I won't be a jerk and say I am going to see Pearl Jam at MSG both tonight and tomorrow then. As far as being a PS3 owner, I'm sure you've been neglected by most software companies, not just Harmonix. Although I'm sure MGS4 is amazing, of course.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited June 2008
    invite sent from Thunder buckets :D
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited June 2008
    Are you guys going to do this for anymore dlc releases in the future?
  • WolfbeckettWolfbeckett Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    If I had a 360 instead of a PS3 and wasn't going to be on the road going to a Tom Petty concert tomorrow night I'd join, but looks like I'm 0 for 2!
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    hmxsean;774776 said:
    I'll probably sing but I am flexible. I just don't want to play guitar (4 years here at HMX and I still suck at guitar).
    For Shame! You guys have made 4 games with guitar peripherals.

Haha.

Too bad I'm on Ps3... hey does anybody at HMX play the PS3 version regularly?

Just wondering...

Glad your excited for doolittle though.

Enjoy tomorrow... *tear*

Seriously, enjoy yourself.
  • HMXJohnlokHMXJohnlok Harmonix Developer
    edited June 2008
    Gahhhh, I won't be in town :(
    edited June 2008
    HMXJohnlok;774839 said:
    Gahhhh, I won't be in town :(
    You mean that we can't play with the bunny?

*Cries*

P.S. I call guitar with whatever party I'm with.
  • edited June 2008
    Lady Siara;774810 said:
    Are you guys going to do this for anymore dlc releases in the future?
    First of all this isn't a big official sanctioned event. It is kind of just me being stoked about the album and wanting to play it with everybody. But if it goes well maybe we'll make this into a regular thing, like anytime an album is released.
  • BearclawBearclaw Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Well, another chance to play with somebody from HMX gone... Not a big fan of Doolittle, this changes nothing in myself buying the album >_> Have fun everybody!
  • brobotbrobot Sorbital, Silicon Dioxide and Magnesium Stearate
    edited June 2008
    Friend (or foe) request sent.
    edited June 2008
    This is just an idea, but we should all get our characters to match the members of Pixies. Of course, they don't have one constant singer, but I think that Black Francis takes most of the singing duties.
  • eVan_DieseleVan_Diesel Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    elfreako;774764 said:

I'll leave this thread now since I'm a neglecetd PS3 owner.
    Yea, we get no love. :(
  • KodyKong007KodyKong007 Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    sweet ill friend you my gamertag is the same as it is on here
  • KampfVereinKampfVerein Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    Sounds great. Yet another reason to purchase Doolittle.

(As if I needed another - it's the Pixies!)
  • LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    I wish I could play with you guys, but not only do I not have a 360 but probably wont get the Pixies songs until a week later it's released.

Still I guess it wouldn't be much fun playing with the HMX devs if you can't chat it up during songs. Anyway, hope you have a blast everybody!:cool:
  • AgainstOneAgainstOne Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    what a sneaky, underhanded way of getting people to buy a whole album of dlc... and it's pure genius!
  • edited June 2008
    eVan_Diesel;774910 said:
    Yea, we get no love. :(
    Sorry guys! I don't have PS3 so I can't play on one from home. :(
  • rockfresh126rockfresh126 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Anyway we can join in if we don't get the whole album? Let's face it...Silver might be the worst song in the history of RB. Definitley grabbing Debaser, Here Comes Your Man, Monkey Gone to Heaven, La La Love you, Tame, Gouge Away, and probably one more.
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    ugh, need to buy a new drumset. Let the alcohol-induced shenanigans begin!

Or just regular type
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited June 2008
    Damn, I really want to because I really like the album and I want to play with you and talk about adding Ok Computer all the time ( :D ), but unfortunately I need to wait for my new Router, and it wont come until the end of the week... argggghhh :(

Have fun....

P.S.: Please add Radiohead's Ok Computer to DLC, and I will definitely play it with you ;) :p

Oh, and I love Silver.
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    This is a really cool idea. It shows how great this game really is when a Dev that sees and deals with this game day in and day out is just as excited as we are when it comes to great DLC.

I dont get all the hate for "Silver" is it quirky and different? YES and so is the rest of the Pixies catalog. The reason why the Pixies are so great is they pushed and explored the boundaries of alternative rock. Besides its a great chart.
  • rockfresh126rockfresh126 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Sean man (I know it's on another post and not your fault)....you're teasin us with making this post, and yet having issues with Monkey..GRRRRR
  • poopbulletpoopbullet Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    cool beans!! added ya...look forward to rocking away the night to some Doolittle!!!
  • vandalizemenow00vandalizemenow00 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    I'm glad you love the Pixies. Wave of Mutilation was a major reason I purchased RB. Being able to download songs is the reason I decided to upgrade from the PS 2. Unfortunately I purchased a PS 3 and will not be able to jam with the devs. Thank you so much for Doolittle and keep up the great work.

PS Some Modest Mouse would be awesome too.
  • a tea treea tea tree Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    brobot;774867 said:
    Friend (or foe) request sent.
    Fellow Menomena fan, or just a Pixies fanatic? :D So, friend request sent from a tea tree. I do love me some vocals (currently #1 on Debaser and Tame), but I'm happy to play guitar, too.

As long as I have your attention - any idea what's up with the "There Goes my Gun" vocals? As you may already know, unlike the rest of the album, talking phrases in that song just... don't -quite- seem to activate properly. Is there an official consensus/word on that issue yet? Thanks a lot; looking forward to this!
  • AeroZeppelinSevenfoldAeroZeppelinSevenfold Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    i would do it. but there are other things i want to buy and i don't have much money.
  • CPT_DestroyerCPT_Destroyer Banned
    edited June 2008
    I added you. My name is CPT Destroyer on the Xbox (hard to guess, huh).

I'll do either singing or guitar. Definitely can't do drums because I suck horrendously.

Though I haven't picked the album up (yet), I will be getting it today. With luck, I'll remember to try to play tomorrow. :D Look forward to it!
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    vandalizemenow00;775110 said:
    I'm glad you love the Pixies. Wave of Mutilation was a major reason I purchased RB. Being able to download songs is the reason I decided to upgrade from the PS 2. Unfortunately I purchased a PS 3 and will not be able to jam with the devs. Thank you so much for Doolittle and keep up the great work.

PS Some Modest Mouse would be awesome too.

Echo to everything he said, including the PS.