Frank Black audio interview

HMXMusomanHMXMusoman Harmonix Developer
edited July 2008 in Announcements
When you take a break from playing Doolittle, hope you can check out our audio interview with Frank Black. A good 25 mins this time, with lots of neat nuggets about the history and yep, the possible future of the Pixies. I learned a lot that I didn't know....like that they'd tried to record "Here Comes Your Man" for the previous album but Steve Albini didn't like it. FB isn't much for talking about the old days, so this was a treat.

You can find it here: http://www.rockband.com/blog/entry/360238

And of course, there's always more to come....

Brett

Comments

• Knights_of_NiKnights_of_Ni Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    loving these audio interviews! Can't wait for the interview with our mystery Canadian band. Hmmm Canadian bands? Canadian bands? Hmmmmm... :) :)

Well anyways Frank Black saw a UFO lawl :p
    He's definitly an interesting guy. Theres a lot more behind his music than you'd think.
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited June 2008
    Knights_of_Ni;775756 said:
    Well anyways Frank Black saw a UFO lawl :p
    Could this mean that UFO is coming to Rock Band?!
  • eVan_DieseleVan_Diesel Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    I loved it!!!!
  • edited June 2008
    This week's interview is lacking... in hints about the mystery Canadian band, which may be Rush, but SHOULD BE RUSH.

A pictionary sketch, riddle, or haiku to satiate the masses would be appreciated.

Let me demonstrate:

Crazy basslines thump
    To pitchy lyrics ornate
    Drummers die of joy

:D
  • sevenduffssevenduffs Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    Is it possible you can make these interviews into a podcast?
  • lawandorder_29lawandorder_29 Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    HMX should do a weekly or bi-weekly podcast talking about the game and other things like other developers such as Bungie.
  • poopbulletpoopbullet Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    nice job with the interview!!! looking forward to future ones!
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    lawandorder_29;777191 said:
    HMX should do a weekly or bi-weekly podcast talking about the game and other things like other developers such as Bungie.
    Hmm. And it just so happens that Alex is an experienced podcaster.
  • BathTubBathTub Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Thanks for the interview, however could I suggest that you guys ask a couple more questions related to the game, I was curious about his thoughts (or the rest of the bands thoughts) on the album being chosen for the game, or just thoughts on the game itself, any reluctance? that kind of thing.
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Epic Awkward Moment in Rock Interview History:

Brett asks Frank if he had any contact with UFO's when he was young, ending with a sarcastic chuckle. Brett then gets real silent when Frank replies, "Well, yes..."
  • bmore007bmore007 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Really love these audio interviews, keep em up!

BathTub;780014 said:
    Thanks for the interview, however could I suggest that you guys ask a couple more questions related to the game, I was curious about his thoughts (or the rest of the bands thoughts) on the album being chosen for the game, or just thoughts on the game itself, any reluctance? that kind of thing.
    I agree with this! I'm interested in hearing more about what the artists think about the game and such.
  • HMXMusomanHMXMusoman Harmonix Developer
    edited July 2008
    agree with this! I'm interested in hearing more about what the artists think about the game and such
    You'd be surprised at how many artists there are who haven't seen or played the game yet. FB hadn't, which was why we didn't talk much about it. He had just bought a Wii to play with his kids, so we sent that version out to him-- Now I'd love to catch up and see what he thought of it.

Far as the UFO exchange, the little gap was me trying to decide whether to press him further about whatever happened when he saw that UFO as a kid...Only decided not to because it doesn't really pertain to Doolittle, but I must admit I've wondered about it ever since!

Brett
  • BathTubBathTub Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Thanks for the update, looking forward to the Rush video!
This discussion has been closed.