I have Wii version: Can I hook up my GH Guitar?

smaschsmasch Unsigned
edited June 2008 in Rock Band
Can I hook up my wii guitar hero guitar to the rockband?
How do I do it??/

Comments

• skullpitskullpit Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    no sorry .
  • evolink21evolink21 Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    smasch;783344 said:
    Can I hook up my wii guitar hero guitar to the rockband?
    How do I do it??/
    Welcome, and unfortunately, it is NOT compatible with RB
  • MushroomMushroom Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    No, and I'll tell you why.

The Rock Band guitar is USB based, whereas the Guitar Hero remote acts as an add on to the Wii Remote. The Wii sees these as two separate things.
  • CalibosCalibos Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    Hey Wii Owners:

Join the crowd! We PS3 owners have dealt with instrument incompatability since launch. It seems the only console where instruments are compatable is the 360, because of a standard Microsoft requires.

At least you can go buy a stand alone guitar if you wish. We had to wait months before even getting an opportunity to play as a full band.

So, complain to Nintendo and/or Sony for not requiring open standards on controllers, and join us in collectively giving Activision the middle finger for continuing to refuse to allow instrument compatability between games!!
  • XeRo133XeRo133 Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    Calibos;783445 said:
    Hey Wii Owners:

Join the crowd! We PS3 owners have dealt with instrument incompatability since launch. It seems the only console where instruments are compatable is the 360, because of a standard Microsoft requires.

At least you can go buy a stand alone guitar if you wish. We had to wait months before even getting an opportunity to play as a full band.

So, complain to Nintendo and/or Sony for not requiring open standards on controllers, and join us in collectively giving Activision the middle finger for continuing to refuse to allow instrument compatability between games!!
    O.O i've always wanted to say that!!
  • GryffindorGryffindor Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Calibos;783445 said:
    Hey Wii Owners:

Actually, in this case because the GH guitars use the Wiimote, EA/HMX could have designed their guitar to do the same (and thus compatibile) but they chose not to.