Metallica DLC Theory For Monday Announcement

Tallica89Tallica89 Unsigned
edited September 2008 in Rock Band
I am taking a wild guess and saying that something that has to do with Metallica will be announced on Monday. Here is why, Fuel was supossed to be released, as well as their new single that is supposed to come out, a Harmonix employee also stated in an interview that GH:Metallica did not affect their plans with the band. Being that Metallica is one of the most requested bands and one of te highest selling DLC packs, I am thinking we are going to see either an announced Metallica pack, or possibly a album from them, such as the "Black Album", since Sandman is already in the game. What are your guys' thoughts on this?

Comments

• AMac2002AMac2002 Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    Shouldn't this be in the big monday announcement theory thread?
  • edited June 2008
    More Metallica would be great but who knows.
  • bmore007bmore007 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    My thoughts are you should have posted this in the other Monday announcement thread and not made a new one purely based on your speculation.
  • ZeeK-ManZeeK-Man Unsigned
    edited June 2008
    YES! more Metallica?!?!:)
    Red Hot Chili Peppers would be just as great too :cool:
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited June 2008
  • DreAdAwaKeNinGDreAdAwaKeNinG Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    I think since he's making a specific point regarding the Monday DLC announcement, which revolves entirely around something separate then what the majority of the posters in the thread referenced are saying, that creating a new thread is probably all right.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind some more Metallica. Not the hugest fan of the band, but I do enjoy playing their music in the game, it's very challenging.
  • Xerosnake90Xerosnake90 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Flawless;791006 said:
    Hopefully not.
    Guess you'd rather have some more great guitar riffs and drum tracks from Weezer than huh? :rolleyes:
  • icecolddicecoldd Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    I can do without the Metallica... Let GH have the songs, and make a Overcharted nightmare of a game outta them.
  • QueensoftheStoneAgeQueensoftheStoneAge Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    If they added the Black Album there would be a lot of pissed off old-school Metallicats.
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited June 2008
    I'm guessing a metallica three pack, and the new song.

Blitzkrieg- Metallica
    Motorbreath- Metallica
    FUEL- Metallica

<><>New Single<><>
  • SilverChrisSilverChris Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    Maybe it will be the 1st announcement of the 1st double-album release...

With the release of Metallica's

MASTER OF PUPPETS & THE BLACK ALBUM

How bout that for blowin' our minds....

(and in turn ruining the upcoming GH:M game)
  • edited June 2008
    yeah i mean that would be all good and cool but where in world did you get the correlation between Metallica and this monday's announcement. I must admit you evidence for your speculation isn't existent.... my guess is that monday will be info regarding the who, an early listing of next couple albums, or just next weeks dlc since friday is a holiday.
  • AdmiralwigginAdmiralwiggin Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    its like an old analogy i made back during rock bands release but perfectly applies now to DlC. Its like Christmas morning everyone gets excited and runs down the stairs to see what they got rip open the packaging and got ....socks.... no matter what DlC we get TO SOMEONE its socks.. the exact opposite thing they were hoping for
  • DethBoxxDethBoxx Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    The Black album would be a HUGE mistake in my opinion. I would love to see Ride the Lightning.
    (or MoP if the splits are actually available)
  • CysticManateeCysticManatee Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    If they announced the Black Album it would just piss Metallica fans off.
  • killerewokkillerewok Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    It would piss someone off, but to say Metallica fans wouldn't jump at the Black Album is a bit silly. It is the most successful album by them.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited June 2008
    Xerosnake90;791017 said:
    Guess you'd rather have some more great guitar riffs and drum tracks from Weezer than huh? :rolleyes:
    Actually, yes.

*ducks*
  • FloodOneFloodOne Headliner
    edited June 2008
    QueensoftheStoneAge;791188 said:
    If they added the Black Album there would be a lot of pissed off old-school Metallicats.
    I would definately be upset if that was the case... make a mixed pack similar to the Dead pack
  • Sarge51Sarge51 Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    You can never have enough Metallica.

But we've already had enough Red Hot Chili Peppers.
  • asdfghjkasdfghjk Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    black album is only their most popular b/c they stopped thrashing and went soft, which is more popular with people (morons) for some reason.

And why am I the only one who doesn't like Master of Puppets? I seriously think it's one of the most overrated albums ever, that would be almost as bad as the black album (everything after black doesn't even count, so screw fuel).

Don't get me wrong, it's okay, just not the best thrash album... I'd much rather some Slayer or Megadeth.

I would definitely want Kill Em All if it had to be a metallica album, then Ride the Lightning, then ...And Justice For All.

The big announcement is probably just what albums are coming in the next few months... you got me all hopeful though jerk, I'm DYING to play Seek and Destroy............
  • jamminjon82jamminjon82 Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    Xerosnake90;791017 said:
    It's just that all of metallica sounds the same and drumming charts that make me want to cry afterwards aren't exactly my fav. Though I do understand why others may like it. I just want some new bands that I've heard of ahem talking about you MTV2 pack ahem....
  • FleshwoundFleshwound Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    It's not going to be Metallica. HMX is going to add the other two bands not included in the list from Friday. SixxAM and Buckcherry.
  • cuddiecuddie Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    Doesany1rememberlaughter?;791460 said:
    yeah i mean that would be all good and cool but where in world did you get the correlation between Metallica and this monday's announcement. I must admit you evidence for your speculation isn't existent.... my guess is that monday will be info regarding the who, an early listing of next couple albums, or just next weeks dlc since friday is a holiday.
    If you need an example of someone trying to sound smart and failing miserably, look here.
  • cuddiecuddie Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    asdfghjk;791746 said:
    black album is only their most popular b/c they stopped thrashing and went soft, which is more popular with people (morons) for some reason.

And why am I the only one who doesn't like Master of Puppets? I seriously think it's one of the most overrated albums ever, that would be almost as bad as the black album (everything after black doesn't even count, so screw fuel).
    First off, have you even listened to the Black Album? All of it? Or are you calling it soft simply based on Nothing Else Matters? Try Through The Never or Holier Than Thou and tell me that they're soft.

But tell me, why do you think Master of Puppets is one of the most overrated albums ever? Also, why are people morons if they don't enjoy thrash? It just means they have different taste, a lot of people think metal heads are morons (well face it, headbanging is a little barbaric :p ). You aren't helping the case.
  • asdfghjkasdfghjk Opening Act
    edited June 2008
    Oh I know I sound like a huge dick. If we were talking you'd know that wasn't it, I don't mean to be insulting. I don't literally mean they're stupid, it's just the way I talk. Don't take everything so seriously.

black album is undeniably less talented than their earlier albums, I don't see how anyone could argue with that though. The guitarwork isn't anywhere near as complicated or furious as it was.

As for MoP... I'm a huge Mustaine fan, he made that band what it was. He only really played a big enough role in Kill Em All and you can easily tell. Hammett is a good guitarist I guess but he just gets way too much credit. Since DM was fired it just wasn't as good. Critics loved MoP and so did a ton of people, I think that says enough. Not that it isn't thrash, it just doesn't have that same feeling. If it did, people wouldn't like it. The songs turned into long-ass balads after KEA. And it just got unspeakably bad soon after... Mustaine just kicked ass in Megadeth (a much better band) after the morons fired him. Ask any hardcore metallica fan (someone who's favorite band is them or megadeth) what their top 10 songs are and I bet most of them are from Kill Em All.
  • MF-PO'dMF-PO'd Road Warrior
    edited June 2008
    Where does it state that Monday's announcement is going to be anything "major" anyway? As far I can see, all he says is "I may have some other news-type-stuff for you". That hardly looks like anything as major as a Metallica announcement.
  • Setsu102Setsu102 Rising Star
    edited June 2008
    I like The Black Album and I like Kill Em All. I also like everything in between the two. It's almost like my musical taste spans further than a single genre or sub-genre.

I would love any album from Metallica; Black Album and before it.

I personally think that they're going to announce something either Rush or The Who related.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited June 2008
    asdfghjk;791854 said:
    Oh I know I sound like a huge dick. If we were talking you'd know that wasn't it, I don't mean to be insulting. I don't literally mean they're stupid, it's just the way I talk. Don't take everything so seriously.

black album is undeniably less talented than their earlier albums, I don't see how anyone could argue with that though. The guitarwork isn't anywhere near as complicated or furious as it was.

As for MoP... I'm a huge Mustaine fan, he made that band what it was. He only really played a big enough role in Kill Em All and you can easily tell. Hammett is a good guitarist I guess but he just gets way too much credit. Since DM was fired it just wasn't as good. Critics loved MoP and so did a ton of people, I think that says enough. Not that it isn't thrash, it just doesn't have that same feeling. If it did, people wouldn't like it. The songs turned into long-ass balads after KEA. And it just got unspeakably bad soon after... Mustaine just kicked ass in Megadeth (a much better band) after the morons fired him. Ask any hardcore metallica fan (someone who's favorite band is them or megadeth) what their top 10 songs are and I bet most of them are from Kill Em All.
    Eh, I like Metallica and Megadeth, but I think Ride the Lightning is much better than Kill em All.

I was actually thinking that the OP made was thinking this due to the Motley Crue single... wasn't that announced on a Monday? I guess it's possible a Metallica single might do the same... doubtful, though.
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited June 2008
    We'll get Master of Puppets if we get an album from them. None of the songs from it were in the first pack, leading me to believe that. Harmonix knows how highly requested the album, so that's my best guess.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited June 2008
    WhiffleBallTony;791977 said:
    We'll get Master of Puppets if we get an album from them. None of the songs from it were in the first pack, leading me to believe that. Harmonix knows how highly requested the album, so that's my best guess.
    Personally, I wouldn't mind getting both Master of Puppets and The Black Album. The Black Album is a good album on it's own, if you can get past the fact that it is from Metallica.
This discussion has been closed.